An Old School Catholic Message Board

Little Prayer Request And Some Support...

Guadalupe23

Guadalupe23

Hey friends!
Feeling in need of some uplifting today! I found out recently that my unit is gearing up to deploy to Afghanistan sometime after October (official orders have not been issued). However, I just found this amazing congregation that I feel very strongly pulled toward. I have a little over a year to go in the Army, but it would be excellent to join this congregation before then. Wishful thinking? I don't know. I'm not sure what kind of rules the army has set up. May His Will be done, and may I have the grace to truly live that belief. oye..... :unsure: Thank you, and God bless you! Even if I don't respond to all of the posts I keep tabs. Peace!!!

Jackie

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Guadalupe23' date='08 March 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1268088113' post='2069106']
Hey friends!
Feeling in need of some uplifting today! I found out recently that my unit is gearing up to deploy to Afghanistan sometime after October (official orders have not been issued). However, I just found this amazing congregation that I feel very strongly pulled toward. I have a little over a year to go in the Army, but it would be excellent to join this congregation before then. Wishful thinking? I don't know. I'm not sure what kind of rules the army has set up. May His Will be done, and may I have the grace to truly live that belief. oye..... :unsure: Thank you, and God bless you! Even if I don't respond to all of the posts I keep tabs. Peace!!!

Jackie
[/quote]

Jackie, I will be holding you in prayer... God willing you will not be deployed.

tenderly,

Indwelling Trinity

laetitia crucis

Praying for you, Jackie!

:bigpray:

I echo Indwelling Trinity: God willing, you will not be deployed!

Guadalupe23

See? Thanks be to God for all of you! My spirits were lifted shortly after I posted that request and many of you started to say a little prayer. I thank God for your support! Tridenteen...it would be my first time deploying. I'm the combat medic in my unit. Thank you for the little whispers into God's ear, they help much more than you know. Peace and Good night!

[quote name='Guadalupe23' date='08 March 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1268107128' post='2069361']
See? Thanks be to God for all of you! My spirits were lifted shortly after I posted that request and many of you started to say a little prayer. I thank God for your support! Tridenteen...it would be my first time deploying. I'm the combat medic in my unit. Thank you for the little whispers into God's ear, they help much more than you know. Peace and Good night!
[/quote]

JMJ
Gotcha. You are up on our prayer board.

[quote name='Guadalupe23' date='08 March 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1268107128' post='2069361']
[/quote]

WOW - what a job you have!! God bless you for your unselfish service...only a special few are able to do what you do.

Prayers in abundance on their way....for your discernment, in thanksgiving for your service and for your safety.

Peace
Osap

Unfortunately I'm not able to give you any good advice...in my very limited vision I would say: "Enter this community if you fell really attracted to it" but I think that it's better that I too pray that Jesus himself will give you the answer!
So....prayers for you!

Guadalupe23

[quote name='organwerke' date='09 March 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1268157089' post='2069606']
Unfortunately I'm not able to give you any good advice...in my very limited vision I would say: "Enter this community if you fell really attracted to it" but I think that it's better that I too pray that Jesus himself will give you the answer!
So....prayers for you!
[/quote]

Organwerke...I think that is excellent advice!! :topsy: I'm going to talk to my chaplain this weekend...see what he suggests. I know it is in God's hands and all will work out in the end. It would be a miracle if I could enter them by the end of this year...wishful thinking, well, maybe...but I can still petition Our Lady and still accept God's Will in the end. Oh please, God!!!! Thank you all..I'll let you know how it goes!

Guadalupe23

[quote name='brightsadness' date='09 March 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1268171436' post='2069769']
Praying lots for you. Be safe.

Anya
[/quote]

Thank you Anya!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Amor vincit omnia

I am definitely praying for you! Always have and I will always pray for you and be here for you!