An Old School Catholic Message Board

School Boots Preschool Student Cause Of Gay Parents

add

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='07 March 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1267943811' post='2067901']
Yeah, because I was arguing that children should be sent away so teachers could take more naps.
[/quote]

That is irrelevant.

As I remember, Christ didn't object to the Apostles sending the children away because his being tired wasn't a sufficient reason for them to turn the children away from him, he objected categorically to the very idea of sending children away full stop.

[quote name='Hassan' date='07 March 2010 - 01:42 AM' timestamp='1267944124' post='2067905']
That is irrelevant.

As I remember, Christ didn't object to the Apostles sending the children away because his being tired wasn't a sufficient reason for them to turn the children away from him, he objected categorically to the very idea of sending children away full stop.
[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean by "full stop", but I can assure you that he did not object categorically to the idea of sending children away. There are all kinds of situations in which children need to be sent away.

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='06 March 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1267943728' post='2067898']
In post number nineteen, apparently stated that four-year-olds are sinless. I was merely stating that four-year-olds who have not been baptized are not sinless because they have original sin on their souls.
[/quote]

so then lets baptize them? oh wait.

their parents are protestant.

su[size="1"] [size="2"]cks[/size][/size] to be you, protestant babies! have fun in limboooooooooooo.....

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 March 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1267944919' post='2067910']
so then lets baptize them? oh wait.

their parents are protestant.

su[size="1"] [size="2"]cks[/size][/size] to be you, protestant babies! have fun in limboooooooooooo.....
[/quote]

Any and every infant who is in danger of death can (and indeed must) be baptized, in accordance with Canon 867.

If I were in the presence of an infant who was in danger of death, I would immediately baptize him, even if the parents objected, in accordance with Canon 868.

Edited by Resurrexi

I'm changed your quote to make sure it doesn't slip from the context I'm discussing.

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='07 March 2010 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1267944273' post='2067907']
I'm not sure what you mean by "full stop", but I can assure you that he did not object categorically to the idea of sending children away [from him]. There are all kinds of situations in which children need to be sent away[from Christ].
[/quote]

Alright, what are they?
[i]

Matthew 19
13Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.

14Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 15When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.[/i]

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='07 March 2010 - 02:28 AM' timestamp='1267943326' post='2067886']
It's not about the four year old. Because he has not reached the age of reason it's about his parents. The child will always defer to his parents' wisdom rather than that of his teachers, at least until he can think critically, and probably beyond that. This is why parents make childrens' baptismal promises for them. If the parents can't make those promises, the child can't be baptized.

The parent is always the primary teacher of the faith, and the family is the smallest Church. If that Church doesn't exist we can't construct one in the classroom.

If the child searches honestly for Truth in his life he will find the Church, and we need not fear. God will always grant the necessary grace.
[/quote]

:sign:
cast out the sinners, you say. this four year old

[quote name='apparently' date='06 March 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1267924213' post='2067702']
this child needs
and should not be feared
how can she ever know the good, if she is turned away
[i]"But Jesus said, Permit little children and forbid them not to come unto Me, for of such is the Kingdom of heaven. And He laid His hands on them and departed from there."
-
[/i] [b]...[/b] [b]Fear[/b] [b]not[/b], [b]little[/b] one, for greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world (I John 4:4) [b]... :bigpray:[/b]
[/quote]
It is reasonable for a Catholic school to not enroll a child because the parents might pose a problem. Especially in this moment in our society wherein an agenda is being pushed to accept as moral the "gay" lifestyle. Money is voice and someone paying the school has some measure of influence.

The offense against the child is being perpetrated by the parents not the school.

What kind of God would send a child to limbo (which is the deprivation of God which is actually the primary suffering of hell) just because of what his great, great, great, great, great grandfather did? The idea is a disgusting medieval notion.