An Old School Catholic Message Board

Third Secret Of Fatima

musturde

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='05 March 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1267817478' post='2067159']
You are reading way too far into that.
[/quote]
in your opinion, you forgot to add.

My Living God is more involved in salvation history than I can even imagine.

[quote name='kafka' date='05 March 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1267817683' post='2067163']
in your opinion, you forgot to add.
[/quote]

[i]The Office[/i], Season 6, "Murder":

Michael: Well, well, well, what is this contraption, I do declare?!
Oscar: It's my Blackberry, Michael. I'm trying to get updates on the company.
Michael: Who's Michael? I'm Caleb Crawdad, I do declare!
Ryan: [b]You don't have to keep saying 'I do declare.' Every time you say something, it means you're declaring it.[/b]

what I meant to say was: Get out of my hair, and do not judge my interpretation like you are over and against it. That is disdain.

[quote name='kafka' date='05 March 2010 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1267818645' post='2067181']
what I meant to say was: Get out of my hair, and do not judge my interpretation like you are over and against it. That is disdain.
[/quote]
If Resurrexi has shown disdain . . . it is not for you personally, but only for your interpretation of a particular passage of scripture.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='05 March 2010 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1267811989' post='2067102']
Am I the only one who thinks that private revelations are rather boring and of little concern to himself?
[/quote]

I find Fatima to be very interesting, and I believe in it personally. However, one has to be careful not to get "obsessed" or fanatical over a private revelation. By private revelation I am referring to those approved of by the Church, of course the same reasoning applies to those that have yet to be approved.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='05 March 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1267812959' post='2067117']
The Rosary and scapular both come through private revelation. ^_^
[/quote]
I suggest you read the Catholic Encyclopedia says on the development of the rosary.

HisChildForever

[quote name='kafka' date='05 March 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1267819467' post='2067185']
one big happy family.
[/quote]

I think you should relax, no one is criticizing you or acting as if they are better.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='kafka' date='05 March 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1267816492' post='2067149']
the scapular and the rosary are both implicit in Sacred Scripture. The vestments and ephod of Aaron is a foreshadowing of the scapular. And for the rosary:

{21:11} Simon Peter climbed up and drew in the net to land: full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three of them. And although there were so many, the net was not torn.
[/quote]

Wow I never thought of that, but it does make sense. Beautiful translation. I beleive the scriptures go way deeper than people give them credit for.

And what about the sling and rock David used to slay the Goliath. I see this as a symbol of the Rosary aswell, after all the Rosary is shapoed like an old-school sling and we do use it to slay the giant dragon. Also the Prophet Elijah and when the little foot came from the sky and a storm broke out and killed all the Baal worshippers. Elijah is the one credited with founding the Carmelites, which the Scapular is their habit and the little foot symbolized Mary's foot coming to stomp the dragon.

These are my interpretations and they need not be accepted by anyone else.

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='07 March 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1268016012' post='2068488']
Wow I never thought of that, but it does make sense. Beautiful translation. I beleive the scriptures go way deeper than people give them credit for.

And what about the sling and rock David used to slay the Goliath. I see this as a symbol of the Rosary aswell, after all the Rosary is shapoed like an old-school sling and we do use it to slay the giant dragon. Also the Prophet Elijah and when the little foot came from the sky and a storm broke out and killed all the Baal worshippers. Elijah is the one credited with founding the Carmelites, which the Scapular is their habit and the little foot symbolized Mary's foot coming to stomp the dragon.

These are my interpretations and they need not be accepted by anyone else.
[/quote]
those are simply some fine interpretations. I like your attitude and agree with it.

And yes Scripture is a deep ocean. Very deep. And God is much more involved than I think we give him credit for these days.

[quote name='kafka' date='06 March 2010 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1267816492' post='2067149']
the scapular and the rosary are both implicit in Sacred Scripture. The vestments and ephod of Aaron is a foreshadowing of the scapular. And for the rosary:

{21:11} Simon Peter climbed up and drew in the net to land: full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three of them. And although there were so many, the net was not torn.
[/quote]

I recall from my reading that St. Louis de Montfort seems to have shared your interpretation of this verse:

[b][i]METHODS OF SAYING THE ROSARY[/i]: Fifth Method:[/b] 150 Motives Impelling us to say the Rosary

[quote] 8. its fruitfulness as shown in the net that St. Peter by order of Our Lord threw into the sea and which though filled with 153 fish did not break.[/quote]

SOURCE: [url="http://www.montfort.org.uk/Writings/MSR.html"]Frames[/url] || [url="http://www.montfort.org.uk/Writings/MFTE_MSR.html"]No Frames[/url]

Edited by Innocent

[quote name='Innocent' date='08 March 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1268108712' post='2069368']
I recall from my reading that St. Louis de Montfort seems to have shared your interpretation of this verse:

[b][i]METHODS OF SAYING THE ROSARY[/i]: Fifth Method:[/b] 150 Motives Impelling us to say the Rosary

SOURCE: [url="http://www.montfort.org.uk/Writings/MSR.html"]Frames[/url] || [url="http://www.montfort.org.uk/Writings/MFTE_MSR.html"]No Frames[/url]
[/quote]
I did not know that, but there you have it. It is an interpretation that some Catholics share, it is not merely my interpretation. Catholics are immersed in a living Tradition and a living Scripture.

Edited by kafka

• 2 weeks later...
brandelynmarie

[quote name='tinytherese' date='04 March 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1267678416' post='2066354']
What ever you do, don't make the mistake I did of getting involved with Fr. Nicholas Gruner and his Fatima Center. They insist that the third secret hasn't been released yet and that Russia wasn't properly consecrated as Our Lady desired. None of this is true and Fr. Gruner isn't in good standing with the Church (yet he denies it.)
[/quote]

Ah ha! :bigshock: Someone has been leaving booklets from the Fatima Center in waiting rooms where I work & I was reading them & getting a little confused from it all...(not that it takes much :topsy: ). Some of the articles reference a supposed discussion a priest had with Sr.Lucia in 1957 (?)...Would even that be true?

tinytherese

[quote name='brandelynmarie' date='20 March 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1269126627' post='2076472']
Ah ha! :bigshock: Someone has been leaving booklets from the Fatima Center in waiting rooms where I work & I was reading them & getting a little confused from it all...(not that it takes much :topsy: ). Some of the articles reference a supposed discussion a priest had with Sr.Lucia in 1957 (?)...Would even that be true?
[/quote]

I'm not sure, but considering their reputation I wouldn't be surprised if that was a lie.