An Old School Catholic Message Board

Third Secret Of Fatima

musturde

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='04 March 2010 - 08:55 AM' timestamp='1267718131' post='2066447']
Its not as if the Vatican hasnt made mistakes in the past. Also I beleive the Consecration should of been by name(Russia). But I do agree with Raphael in so much that we havent responded faithfully yet as the whole people of God and that is why the triumph of Her immaculate heart is still in limbo.
[/quote]
As Cardinal Bertone's letter shows, Sister Lucia held the consecration of 1984 to be what the Theotokos wanted. I see no reason to doubt either her, or Pope John Paul II and the CDF on this issue.

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='04 March 2010 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1267718350' post='2066449']
hehe, this was in the Anglican conversion thread. I was completely at a loss when I read it initially.. :blink:
[/quote]
:) Yes, I placed it in the wrong thread initially.

[quote name='Raphael' date='04 March 2010 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1267718260' post='2066448']
Yes, in that sense, our Lady's request was more of a warning, but nonetheless, some degree of what she warned us about could still occur if we didn't return completely to God. Certainly the consecration was part of it, but there are many other requests of Fatima we have not fully heeded, and so there is still much room for some of these things to happen.
[/quote]
I see Fatima as "over" for lack of a better word, but as I said in my earlier post . . . "I am not really interested in the secrets of Fatima, or any private revelations for that matter."

All the true modern Marian apparitions are in my view preparations in one way or another for the Tribulation or End Times: The sequence of events leading up the the Second Coming of Christ. So Fatima is very important in that Mary is teaching us about some of the events which will come to pass, and that she wants Russia consecrated to her Immaculate Heart for a specific purpose in the sequence of the Tribulation.

The Third Secret is has to be understood in the context of the Tribulation otherwise it wont mean much. It basically predicts that the Holy Father will be fleeing in the midst of a city half in ruins probably Rome during a war. And that the Holy Father together with some bishops, priests and religous accompanying him will be martyred by some enemies. I am not sure if this refers to the first or second part of the Tribulation. It could be the martyrdom of the last Pope during the rise of Antichrist. I'm not sure. What I do know is that it is predicting a future event.

goldenchild17

[quote name='musturde' date='28 February 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1267392646' post='2064422']
I received a phone call from a loved one telling me that she got an e-mail revealing the Third Secret of Fatima (in arabic). She said it involved the death of a huge figure and atomic warfare that would last three days and that the faithful should lock themselves in their houses and pray for forgiveness. After she told me this ridiculously drawn out story, I looked up the Three Secrets of Fatima on Wikipedia to get general knowledge on the subject. I initially was very confused until I researched some other sites (including some threads on Phatmass). However, I would advise someone who is knowledgeable about this topic to edit the Wikipedia page, unless the facts on it are indisputable. Also, if anyone is willing, I would love to read a better explanation for some of the information on the page concerning the controversy surrounding the Third Secret.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Secrets_of_F%C3%A1tima
[/quote]

I have a lot to atone for considering my opinions over the last few years, but while I no longer consider it a 'malicious' cover-up (at least on the part of the Pope, I won't necessarily give the same courtesy to other bishops/cardinals) I do believe there is something going on with the 3rd secret and the consecration of Russia (or lack thereof) and Sr. Lucia. Do I believe it has been revealed, I'm not sure. I'm not convinced it has. Do I know why it hasn't? Not at all, but I do think there is way more to this story than what we have been told. And yes I know fatima is a private revelation, but I do believe it (along with a couple of others such as Akita) are pivotal in our understanding of the last century and the future.

Yes I'm still a conspiracy theorist at heart :smokey:

Edited by goldenchild17

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='04 March 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1267725623' post='2066512']
I have a lot to atone for considering my opinions over the last few years, but while I no longer consider it a 'malicious' cover-up (at least on the part of the Pope, I won't necessarily give the same courtesy to other bishops/cardinals) I do believe there is something going on with the 3rd secret and the consecration of Russia (or lack thereof) and Sr. Lucia. Do I believe it has been revealed, I'm not sure. I'm not convinced it has. Do I know why it hasn't? Not at all, but I do think there is way more to this story than what we have been told. And yes I know fatima is a private revelation, but I do believe it (along with a couple of others such as Akita) are pivotal in our understanding of the last century and the future.

Yes I'm still a conspiracy theorist at heart :smokey:
[/quote]
What specifically leads you to think that there may be more to the story? I'm not up on my private revelations. :P

goldenchild17

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='04 March 2010 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1267726164' post='2066514']
What specifically leads you to think that there may be more to the story? I'm not up on my private revelations. :P
[/quote]

Just a few things I do think I should go into detail about on PM

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='04 March 2010 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1267726569' post='2066520']
[/quote]
Ah, ok. :)

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='04 March 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1267726569' post='2066520']
Just a few things I do [b]not[/b] think I should go into detail about on PM
[/quote]

goldenchild17

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='04 March 2010 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1267726734' post='2066523']
Ah, ok. :)
[/quote]

although as always, you or anyone is free to email me if you wish.

goldenchild17
:rolleyes: Freudian slip perhaps. Meant to say do not, yet I DO believe I should discuss it here, and yet and am not permitted. Take it as you will.

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='04 March 2010 - 11:24 AM' timestamp='1267727064' post='2066528']
:rolleyes: Freudian slip perhaps. Meant to say do not, yet I DO believe I should discuss it here, and yet and am not permitted. Take it as you will.
[/quote]
:)

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='04 March 2010 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1267726569' post='2066520']
[/quote]
Lizard People, Denver Airport, CFR, Bilderberger...

Sternhauser

[quote name='kafka' date='04 March 2010 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1267723834' post='2066502']
I am not sure if this refers to the first or second part of the Tribulation. It could be the martyrdom of the last Pope during the rise of Antichrist. I'm not sure. What I do know is that it is predicting a future event.
[/quote]

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger knew exactly the opposite. Click on the Vatican link Apoutheon put up.

~Sternhauser