An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tea Party

Resurrexi

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='07 April 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1270691948' post='2088871']
In America people have a constitutional right to carry weapons. Were there any arrests? No, because nothing illegal was done.
[/quote]

you mistake my point. im not saying anything was illegal. just stupid, and in bad taste. neither of those things have been outlawed. reasonable people tend to avoid them regardless.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='07 April 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1270692043' post='2088872']
Since you're a mind reader could you read the mind of my teacher? I forgot what page my homework was on, thanks!
[/quote]

Your highschool teacher is wondering why you keep calling her about homework, especially since you graduated like 10 years ago.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='07 April 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1270692163' post='2088876']
And if I remember correctly the person carrying the firearm was Black, Democrat and the gun was unloaded.
[/quote]

i believe that guy was the one with the AR15. there were a couple other people there with firearms. not sure what his race has to do with anything?
i was also referring to those who brought firearms to the healthcare town hall meetings, specifically when i referred to intimidation.

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='07 April 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1270692998' post='2088900']
Anyone can see who voted for what if the it is a public poll.
[/quote]
Thanks! :)

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 April 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1270693402' post='2088903']
i believe that guy was the one with the AR15. there were a couple other people there with firearms. not sure what his race has to do with anything?

[/quote]
It means it wasn't just some white racist.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 April 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1270693402' post='2088903']Your highschool teacher is wondering why you keep calling her about homework, especially since you graduated like 10 years ago.[/quote]

College 'instructor' actually, but you should have known that.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 April 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1270693402' post='2088903']i believe that guy was the one with the AR15. there were a couple other people there with firearms. not sure what his race has to do with anything?
i was also referring to those who brought firearms to the healthcare town hall meetings, specifically when i referred to intimidation.
[/quote]

His race was important to the MSM when they all attempted to make out that he was a White Supremacist. Namely MSNBC, later when it was shown that he was Black this news bit was unimportant afterward.

As for the rest welcome to America, we have rights here and we're not pansies.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='notardillacid' date='07 April 2010 - 07:26 PM' timestamp='1270693602' post='2088907']
Thanks! :)

It means it wasn't just some white racist.
[/quote]

didnt say he was.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='07 April 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1270693740' post='2088911']
College 'instructor' actually, but you should have known that.
[/quote]

you were very nonspecific. i can read minds, but im not a psychic! :P

[quote]
His race was important to the MSM when they all attempted to make out that he was a White Supremacist. Namely MSNBC, later when it was shown that he was Black this news bit was unimportant afterward.

As for the rest welcome to America, we have rights here and we're not pansies.
[/quote]
race and political affiliation didnt figure in when i said i disliked their actions.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 April 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1270693402' post='2088903']
you mistake my point. im not saying anything was illegal. just stupid, and in bad taste. neither of those things have been outlawed. reasonable people tend to avoid them regardless.[/quote]
Well, you have a right to your opinion even if I do not share it.

As far as I am concerned the people carrying guns acted perfectly reasonably, and within their rights under the law.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='07 April 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1270694179' post='2088922']
Well, you have a right to your opinion even if I do not share it.
[/quote]

Thanks, the feeling is mutual.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 April 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1270694268' post='2088924']
Thanks, the feeling is mutual.
[/quote]
Thank God in America the constitution trumps a person's feelings. :)

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 April 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1270659443' post='2088461']
bout a dozen people brought guns to one of Obama's speeches, one was a AR15 semiautomatic assault rifle.

[/quote]
Assault rifles are capable of full auto. So he wasn't carrying an assault rifle.

Let's all pretend that citizens have never carried weapons to presidential speeches until the Tea Party showed up. Let's all pretend that believing in the personal moral agency of man is utter lunacy.

Semper Catholic

[quote name='Winchester' date='08 April 2010 - 08:33 AM' timestamp='1270733614' post='2089165']
Assault rifles are capable of full auto. So he wasn't carrying an assault rifle.

Let's all pretend that citizens have never carried weapons to presidential speeches until the Tea Party showed up. Let's all pretend that believing in the personal moral agency of man is utter lunacy.
[/quote]

The AR-15 is a semi automatic rifle capable of switching to three round burst. It is the civilian form of the M-16. It is DEFINITELY NOT a full auto rifle, and DEFINITELY IS an assault rifle.

Also I find it hard to believe that ordinary citizens would bring a gun to a presidential rally. It goes against basic common sense. Same reason you don't take guns into bars, and sporting events.

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='08 April 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1270744576' post='2089240']
The AR-15 is a semi automatic rifle capable of switching to three round burst. It is the civilian form of the M-16. It is DEFINITELY NOT a full auto rifle, and DEFINITELY IS an assault rifle.[/quote]

Civilians cannot own any weapon capable of firing more than one round with a single pull of the trigger. Three-round burst isn't an option, either. To be an assault rifle, the rifle must be capable of full-auto and must not fire a full-size rifle round.

If I were going to assassinate a politician, I wouldn't march in with a bulky assault rifle, but would want something inauspicious and concealable. Or preferably, be hiding away perched somewhere with a sniper rifle.

Semper Catholic

[quote name='Socrates' date='08 April 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1270749911' post='2089316']
If I were going to assassinate a politician, I wouldn't march in with a bulky assault rifle, but would want something inauspicious and concealable. Or preferably, be hiding away perched somewhere with a sniper rifle.
[/quote]

That's nice to know, but maybe Jim Bob and the rest of the Tea Party-ers aren't as smart as you.

Even so, this kind of obvious INTIMIDATION reeks of century old Jim Crow.

Oh hey guys here's me and my enormous gun, I'm not gonna use it, just want you to know I have it and anything could happen.

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='08 April 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1270752022' post='2089359']
That's nice to know, but maybe Jim Bob and the rest of the Tea Party-ers aren't as smart as you.[/quote]
Don't forget Leroy and Hop Sing.

[quote]
Even so, this kind of obvious INTIMIDATION reeks of century old Jim Crow.[/quote]
How better to protest a man who thinks we do not have the right to arm ourselves? You're judging based on personal bias, not available information.
[quote]
Oh hey guys here's me and my enormous gun, I'm not gonna use it, just want you to know I have it and anything could happen.
[/quote]
Assault rifles are actually rather small.

Edited by Winchester

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='08 April 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1270753042' post='2089372']
No one did anything illegal . . . end of story.
[/quote]
or immoral

oh yeah, end of story.