An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tea Party

Resurrexi

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='06 April 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1270601651' post='2088047']
this looks like it is shaping up to another thread on anarchy...
[spoiler][img]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/diablo_man/abandonthread.gif[/img][/spoiler]
[/quote]

Funny that others always bring it up....

I was just pointing out a potential flaw in his argument, which is valid in my own opinion.

But please if you feel the need to abandon ship then please do.

Marie-Therese

I have only a simple statement to contribute. I really, really wish that those in opposition to the Tea Party movement would cease and desist from calling those in favor "tea baggers" because of the horrid connotation. I am sure that they are well aware of the pejorative, but it's just wrong to have that image tossed at you from the telly all day long.

If it was a tea bagger movement, I can assure you, things would be looking WAY worse than they are right now. :shock:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='06 April 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1270619328' post='2088266']
I have only a simple statement to contribute. I really, really wish that those in opposition to the Tea Party movement would cease and desist from calling those in favor "tea baggers" because of the horrid connotation. I am sure that they are well aware of the pejorative, but it's just wrong to have that image tossed at you from the telly all day long.

If it was a tea bagger movement, I can assure you, things would be looking WAY worse than they are right now. :shock:
[/quote]

i can think of plenty offensive thing the Tea Partiers yell at everyone else... but you are right. name calling, while fun doesnt really get anywhere. and there are plenty clever-er names to call.

the actual hilarious part is that some of them refer to them selves as teabaggers. whether or not they know what it means, thats just dumb. (lets be honest, if i had a band/political party/ bowling league named the Skidmarks, me being ignorant of the actual meaning of the word wouldnt make me any less of an idiot when i name myself that.)

Edited by Jesus_lol

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 April 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1270619709' post='2088268']
i can think of plenty offensive thing the Tea Partiers yell at everyone else... but you are right. name calling, while fun doesnt really get anywhere. and there are plenty clever-er names to call.

the actual hilarious part is that some of them refer to them selves as teabaggers. whether or not they know what it means, thats just dumb. (lets be honest, if i had a band/political party/ bowling league named the Skidmarks, me being ignorant of the actual meaning of the word wouldnt make me any less of an idiot when i name myself that.)
[/quote]

If I heard someone who was in the Tea Party Movement refer to themselves as a tea bagger, I would laugh in their face and call them an idiot. :lol: It just makes me cringe every time I hear someone say it. *shivers*

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='06 April 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1270620561' post='2088272']
If I heard someone who was in the Tea Party Movement refer to themselves as a tea bagger, I would laugh in their face and call them an idiot. :lol: It just makes me cringe every time I hear someone say it. *shivers*
[/quote]

the very first references to it i heard of were the Partiers calling themselves Teabaggers. and holding it up on signs etc.

i thought it was hilarious. its not often your opponents do you a favour and insult themselves for you.

Nihil Obstat

I wonder if anti-Tea Partiers ever go to those protests and events and such and call themselves teabaggers when the media comes by. :P I wouldn't put it past them.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='06 April 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1270621571' post='2088278']
I wonder if anti-Tea Partiers ever go to those protests and events and such and call themselves teabaggers when the media comes by. :P I wouldn't put it past them.
[/quote]

hey , Trolling is an artform ok? :P

at least they dont bring guns to presidential speeches....

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 April 2010 - 02:30 AM' timestamp='1270621806' post='2088280']
at least they dont bring guns to presidential speeches....
[/quote]
What's wrong with that?

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='06 April 2010 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1270578647' post='2087769']
note: i base my opinion on these sorts of factual things, and independent thinking, i realize most here would be either for or against on principle, no matter what, no matter the issue, due to 'cookie cutter' political reasons.[/quote]

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='06 April 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1270577561' post='2087757']
my source for the tea partier's is mostly [b]news media[/b]. [/quote]
Now that is a real independent thinker!

By the way . . . projections on spending and the deficit issued by the CBO are not facts.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='notardillacid' date='07 April 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1270654197' post='2088393']
I'd vote, but I find it creepy that any CF or mod can see the way I voted :annoyed:
[/quote]
as if anyone cares :topsy:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='07 April 2010 - 07:48 AM' timestamp='1270651720' post='2088373']
Who does that?
[/quote]

bout a dozen people brought guns to one of Obama's speeches, one was a AR15 semiautomatic assault rifle.

[quote name='notardillacid' date='07 April 2010 - 08:10 AM' timestamp='1270653052' post='2088383']
What's wrong with that?
[/quote]

because it makes you insane. seriously. im surprised the bodyguards didnt shoot them right there.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='07 April 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1270659443' post='2088461']

because it makes you insane. seriously. im surprised the bodyguards didnt shoot them right there.
[/quote]
Do you think anyone had weapons at any of George Washington's speeches? John Adams? Jefferson?

[quote name='notardillacid' date='07 April 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1270671139' post='2088638']
Do you think anyone had weapons at any of George Washington's speeches? John Adams? Jefferson?
[/quote]

Lincoln and Kennedy come to mind...