An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tea Party

Resurrexi

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='06 April 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1270572686' post='2087703']
[img]http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/you_mad.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
+1 :lol:

[spoiler]
I was expecting a flame war so it is cool to see a joke response. My favorite kind anyway since interweb debates often make me laugh when they're super serious. Like we're all sitting around in a board room right now deciding the future of humanity. :sweat:
[/spoiler]

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Socrates' date='06 April 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1270571682' post='2087698']
I know plenty of conservatives who were "tooting that same horn" under Bush.

It's a good thing the American Founding Fathers didn't share your attitude, are we'd all be singing hymns to the Queen.

But it's nice to know you're a good little lap dog of the state, who's learned to love Big Brother.
[/quote]
[quote name='Socrates' date='06 April 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1270572405' post='2087701']
Wow! What intellectually hard-hitting arguments!

Obviously, the wisdom of "college students, environmentalists, peace-nicks, women, Gays, Blacks and other minorities" must be trusted over "old, white, ignorant and angry wing-nuts."

If they're old and white, it follows that they're ignorant and don't know what they're talking about (unless, of course, they happen to be old white liberals). Nothing like the age and race card to clinch an argument. And what about the many conservative women?

What I don't understand is how anyone can think our government's wild, uncontrolled tax-and-spend policies which have created a three trillion dollar deficit can possibly "improve their lives as well as the lives of their children and grandchildren."

It's their children and grandchildren that will be paying for our government's obscene policies.

But what do I know, I'm just an ignorant white guy.
I need to learn to love Big Brother.
[/quote]

Werd. Big Brother is total cr[s][/s]ap.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Socrates' date='06 April 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1270572405' post='2087701']
...Obviously, the wisdom of "college students, environmentalists, peace-nicks, women, Gays, Blacks and other minorities" must be trusted over "old, white, ignorant and angry wing-nuts."

If they're old and white, it follows that they're ignorant and don't know what they're talking about (unless, of course, they happen to be old white liberals). Nothing like the age and race card to clinch an argument. And what about the many conservative women?

What I don't understand is how anyone can think our government's wild, uncontrolled tax-and-spend policies which have created a three trillion dollar deficit can possibly "improve their lives as well as the lives of their children and grandchildren."

It's their children and grandchildren that will be paying for our government's obscene policies.

But what do I know, I'm just an ignorant white guy.
I need to learn to love Big Brother.
[/quote]
+1 btw. hehe

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='03 April 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1270305821' post='2086003']
Tea Party=Code Pink

Both groups are tremendously uneducated about the topics they so fervently protest about
[/quote]

that usually seems to be teh case for both hippies, and tea party'ers too

dairygirl4u2c

im giving an example of our government isnt necessarily good, even if it's accomplishingsomething, at a certain point, the good it might provide is overshadowed by the bad. like sending a swat team to change a light bulb. i know they say 40000 people die per year because they have no health insurance. im not sure the basis for this number etc. but if that's true, and it costs 300 billion to fund obamacare per year, what are the numbers? it's like seven million per person actually spent. obscene. regular health insurance limits would be like a few hundred thousand at most.
edit: "ON Thursday, the Congressional Budget Office reported that, if enacted, the latest health care reform legislation would, over the next 10 years, cost about $950 billion" from the NY times. so that comes to a hundred billion per year instead of 300 billion. that means it's 700,000 per person who'd otherwise not die, per year. still too much, but more plausible. i do know, they say the tax cuts they're letting expire per year are 300 billion, though, soif you look at that as a cost, which you should, then i dont know how it's not more like seven million per person per year.
at a certain point, i wouldnt be opposed ot saying 'it just costs too much'. even as 'liberal' as i am for those who are innocent bystanders dying because of no health care. eg, you see a mom dying, with a relatively easy procedure and care could take care of, and you think "even in our ountry?" well, if it's going to cost that much, yes, even in this country.
they need to do it, but do it right.

my source for the tea partier's is mostly news media. i dont see a lot of mish mash of people, like the hippie days had. i see old white people. i know there's lots of libertarians, ron paul types etc, who believe in the same stuff, and that might count as a mish mash of people, but i dont see it. i concede my experience is limited.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

here's the math for the obama care
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/opinion/21holtz-eakin.html

i was dissing some people talking about civil war, and just dissin the tea baggers... but lookin at what they are doing, it's completely unjustifable.
note: i base my opinion on these sorts of factual things, and independent thinking, i realize most here would be either for or against on principle, no matter what, no matter the issue, due to 'cookie cutter' political reasons.

edit:
"Removing the unrealistic annual Medicare savings ($463 billion) and the stolen annual revenues from Social Security and long-term care insurance ($123 billion), and adding in the annual spending that so far is not accounted for ($114 billion) quickly generates additional deficits of $562 billion in the first 10 years. And the nation would be on the hook for two more entitlement programs rapidly expanding as far as the eye can see."

so if that's true, and id tend to believe it given it's NYT and well done piece... that's 14 millino per person who doesn't die. place reputable source "Douglas Holtz-Eakin, who was the director of the Congressional Budget Office from 2003 to 2005, is the president of the American Action Forum, a policy institute." (i remember giving deference to CBO numbers, cause as they said "if we cant trust our numbers, it's going to be a real food fight"-- but apparently we can't trust their numbers)
way too much

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Semper Catholic

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='06 April 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1270574945' post='2087724']
Dude, you're really freakin' annoying. :mellow:

If you want to be annoying, go to the Lame Board. We won't like you there either, but at least you won't be ruining legitimate threads over there.
[/quote]

Broseph you guys ruined the thread when you started throwing around Big Brother accusations.
[img]http://a613.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/72/l_86efede18989cb0d11c4054cfc09b85c.jpg[/img]

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='06 April 2010 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1270578935' post='2087772']
Broseph you guys ruined the thread when you started throwing around Big Brother accusations.
[img]http://a613.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/72/l_86efede18989cb0d11c4054cfc09b85c.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
<_<

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showforum=42"]The Place Where You Can Be Really Annoying and Lame and People Still Dislike You But At Least You Aren't Ruining Legitimate Threads.[/url]

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='06 April 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1270578647' post='2087769']
i was dissing some people talking about civil war, and just dissin the tea baggers... but lookin at what they are doing, it's completely unjustifable.
note: i base my opinion on these sorts of factual things, and independent thinking, i realize most here would be either for or against on principle, no matter what, no matter the issue, due to 'cookie cutter' political reasons.
[/quote]
Yes. It's either or.

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='06 April 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1270574750' post='2087722']
... I voted for McCain...[/quote]
You vote [i]for[/i] candidates?

Semper Catholic

[quote name='Winchester' date='06 April 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1270580464' post='2087787']
You vote [i]for[/i] candidates?
[/quote]
You don't?

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='06 April 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1270581064' post='2087792']
You don't?
[/quote]
I voted [i]against [/i]Obama.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='03 April 2010 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1270305821' post='2086003']
Tea Party=Code Pink

Both groups are tremendously uneducated about the topics they so fervently protest about
[/quote]
Right...

40% of tea partyers are registered democrats and independents, thank God some people were not indoctrinated into the "change we can puke from" group...

Semper Catholic

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='06 April 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1270590522' post='2087923']
Right...

[b]40% of tea partyers are registered democrats and independents,[/b] thank God some people were not indoctrinated into the "change we can puke from" group...
[/quote]

In other words Tea Party-ers are worse off then I thought.