An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tea Party

Resurrexi

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='05 April 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1270486504' post='2086996']
LOL I love how the Chicken Little's switch from party to party depending on who is in control.

I remember all the democrats complaining about the gorvernment take over during the NSA/phone taps/google stuff etc.

Now conservatives are tooting that same horn.

Oh and writers always overestimate their importance. Sorry you guys aren't significant enough to be of any real threat to the government, especially now that "everyone" is a writer with blogs and such.
[/quote]
I love when new members go out of their way to make a good impression on everyone. :grouphug: Just warms my heart to see the camaraderie.

Semper Catholic

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='05 April 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1270486634' post='2086999']
I love when new members go out of their way to make a good impression on everyone. :grouphug: Just warms my heart to see the camaraderie.
[/quote]
Sorry brah just keeping it real

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='05 April 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1270487017' post='2087006']
Sorry brah just keeping it real
[/quote]
That -1 wasn't mine though.

Semper Catholic

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='05 April 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1270487208' post='2087009']
That -1 wasn't mine though.
[/quote]
no worries mate

Sternhauser

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='05 April 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1270486504' post='2086996']
LOL I love how the Chicken Little's switch from party to party depending on who is in control.

I remember all the democrats complaining about the gorvernment take over during the NSA/phone taps/google stuff etc.

Now conservatives are tooting that same horn.[/quote]

Chicken Littles? Yes, there are a few. How can one not expect the black cloud of hypocrisy to hang over the violent mechanations of the State while both factions are fighting for the Ring of Power? I assure you that neither The Penciled One nor I are biased toward either wing of the same violent bird. You might as well ask us which of Cerberus's heads is our favorite. Choosing one of them is a pointless exercise, because they all belong to the same loathsome entity.

People who love them some politics, on the other hand, will certainly swing from side to side on any issue depending on if "their side" is currently in power. I condemned Bush's act of signing the "PATRIOT" Act, and I condemn Obama's renewal of the same. Republicrats and Demopublicans. A term to describe almost any member of either faction is "power-loving crook." There is no difference in their root: both factions use violence or the threat of violence to force other people to fund the policies they want. They both do violence against innocents. The only difference between the two main factions is which societal sub-groups tend to have injustice done against them.

[quote]Oh and writers always overestimate their importance. Sorry you guys aren't significant enough to be of any real threat to the government, especially now that "everyone" is a writer with blogs and such.
[/quote]

Writers often overestimate their importance. I wouldn't say "always." You can be sure, however, that the internet is going to become a less-than-welcoming place for independent thought in the next few years, thanks to the State. (Not the Republicrats, not the Demopublicans. Just the State.)

A good, simple and solid Catholic who is unafraid to speak truths about important moral issues will accomplish more good in one year than a 99% of politicians will achieve in a lifetime.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='05 April 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1270486504' post='2086996']

Oh and writers always overestimate their importance. Sorry you guys aren't significant enough to be of any real threat to the government, especially now that "everyone" is a writer with blogs and such.
[/quote]

Um, people that blog are bloggers.

And sure everyone can write, but few people [i]write[/i]. Different connotation there.

Please, I know you are using a generalization, but have some sensitivity here. If you are 'always' Catholic then please show some real compassion.

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='05 April 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1270486504' post='2086996']
LOL I love how the Chicken Little[s]'[/s]s switch from party to party depending on who is in control.

Now conservatives are tooting that same horn.[/quote]
I love how nattering CNN fans with one tenth of the story pretend they know everything.

[quote]Oh and writers always overestimate their importance. Sorry you guys aren't significant enough to be of any real threat to the government, especially now that "everyone" is a writer with blogs and such.
[/quote]
Apology accepted.

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='05 April 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1270486504' post='2086996']

Now conservatives are tooting that same horn.

[/quote]
I know plenty of conservatives who were "tooting that same horn" under Bush.

It's a good thing the American Founding Fathers didn't share your attitude, are we'd all be singing hymns to the Queen.

But it's nice to know you're a good little lap dog of the state, who's learned to love Big Brother.

[quote]Brooks is a cynical man -- grasping for straws -- as he tries to compare a true grassroots movement made up of college students, environmentalists, peace-nicks, women, Gays, Blacks and other minorities, with a few corporate sponsored rallies full of old, white, ignorant and angry wing-nuts[/quote]
Wow! What intellectually hard-hitting arguments!

Obviously, the wisdom of "college students, environmentalists, peace-nicks, women, Gays, Blacks and other minorities" must be trusted over "old, white, ignorant and angry wing-nuts."

If they're old and white, it follows that they're ignorant and don't know what they're talking about (unless, of course, they happen to be old white liberals). Nothing like the age and race card to clinch an argument. And what about the many conservative women?

What I don't understand is how anyone can think our government's wild, uncontrolled tax-and-spend policies which have created a three trillion dollar deficit can possibly "improve their lives as well as the lives of their children and grandchildren."

It's their children and grandchildren that will be paying for our government's obscene policies.

But what do I know, I'm just an ignorant white guy.
I need to learn to love Big Brother.

Semper Catholic

[quote name='Socrates' date='06 April 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1270571682' post='2087698']
I know plenty of conservatives who were "tooting that same horn" under Bush.

It's a good thing the American Founding Fathers didn't share your attitude, are we'd all be singing hymns to the Queen.

But it's nice to know you're a good little lap dog of the state, who's learned to love Big Brother.
[/quote]

[img]http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/you_mad.jpg[/img]

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='06 April 2010 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1270572686' post='2087703']
[img]http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/you_mad.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
That was a truly stunning defense of the liberal party line.
I'm doing a slow clap, even though you can't hear me.

(That time the -1 was mine.)

Edited by Nihil Obstat

Semper Catholic

>doesn't agree with your political party
>He must be a member of the other one!

Sorry I didn't give a serious response to Mr. Overreact Socrates over there. Talk about jumping to "Big Brother and lap dog" comments apparently Socrates is the conservative Bill Maher.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='06 April 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1270574275' post='2087717']
>doesn't agree with your political party
>He must be a member of the other one!

Sorry I didn't give a serious response to Mr. Overreact Socrates over there. Talk about jumping to "Big Brother and lap dog" comments apparently Socrates is the conservative Bill Maher.
[/quote]
In this case the hyperbolic rhetoric started with your chicken little comment. Don't make yourself a victim- that's another thing lefties like to do. :mellow:

Semper Catholic

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='06 April 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1270574396' post='2087718']
In this case the hyperbolic rhetoric started with your chicken little comment. Don't make yourself a victim- that's another thing lefties like to do. :mellow:
[/quote]

>make generic comment referencing no one in particular
>get attacked and accused of being an evil lefty.
Cool Story Bro! Doesn't matter that I voted for McCain, me and Noam Chomsky conspire together on a daily basis apparently.

Jumping to conclusions and making baseless accusations? That's something all people who are overzealous about politics do.

Politics=SRS BSNS

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Semper Catholic' date='06 April 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1270574750' post='2087722']
>make generic comment referencing no one in particular
>get attacked and accused of being an evil lefty.
Cool Story Bro! Doesn't matter that I voted for McCain, me and Noam Chomsky conspire together on a daily basis apparently.

Jumping to conclusions and making baseless accusations? That's something all people who are overzealous about politics do.

Politics=SRS BSNS
[/quote]
Dude, you're really freakin' annoying. :mellow:

If you want to be annoying, go to the Lame Board. We won't like you there either, but at least you won't be ruining legitimate threads over there.