An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tea Party

Resurrexi

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Socrates' date='08 April 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1270775941' post='2089671']
John Adams, whom you're paraphrasing, was definitely a founding father. We looked this up last time, and the vast majority of the American Founding Fathers (signers of the Declaration of Independence) were indeed Christian. Only a small handful (notably Jefferson and Franklin) were Deists. But that's getting way off-topic.
[/quote]

he was also a unitarian, i.e. not Christian.

[quote]
I'm not seeing how scrapping the Constitution, with its limitations of federal power, is making our country or its governance any more Christian.
[/quote]

Scrapping the Constitution is exactly what politicians have done for the last 150 years (if not longer). There is not one direction away from the Constitution. One can easily become more Christian while dismissing the Constitution, but one can just as easily become anti-Christian while dismissing the Constitution. You just need the right people in power. Democracy only works if people use their well-informed consciences, and Protestant denominations inform their own consciences increasingly poorly. In a non-Catholic America Democracy cannot be successful very much longer.

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='08 April 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1270776328' post='2089675']
he was also a unitarian, i.e. not Christian.

Scrapping the Constitution is exactly what politicians have done for the last 150 years (if not longer). There is not one direction away from the Constitution. One can easily become more Christian while dismissing the Constitution, but one can just as easily become anti-Christian while dismissing the Constitution. You just need the right people in power. Democracy only works if people use their well-informed consciences, [b]and Protestant denominations inform their own consciences increasingly poorly.[/b] In a non-Catholic America Democracy cannot be successful very much longer.
[/quote]

Please... if anything Catholic's are worse and this last election proved this. Over 50% of Catholic's voted for Obama and that was after our Bishops stuck their necks out on this issue. I don't know if any Catholic in America can say in good faith their consciences were not well informed on the issues after what the Church did in the last election.

Edited by rkwright

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='09 April 2010 - 08:52 AM' timestamp='1270821131' post='2089905']
I like how we are still pointing fingers on this issue....
[/quote]
[img]http://www.evacommentary.org/images_capdoc/reichu_wotaku-gaku-cosplay_no-u.jpg[/img]

[quote name='rkwright' date='09 April 2010 - 08:41 AM' timestamp='1270816884' post='2089867']
Please... if anything Catholic's are worse and this last election proved this. Over 50% of Catholic's voted for Obama and that was after our Bishops stuck their necks out on this issue. [b]I don't know if any Catholic in America can say in good faith their consciences were not well informed on the issues after what the Church did in the last election.[/b]
[/quote]

So you agree that Catholics' consciences are well formed? The Church has done her part. Everything I said was true. Protestant denominations are moving more and more to the left away from true Orthodoxy. I don't really see how you were disagreeing with me at all.

After much thought, I will throw in a yes vote. Because the enemy of my enemy is my friend and the Tea Party movement does not seek to violate my right to life, which Obama and the Democrats do seek to remove.

Attempting to disarm or curtail my right to defend myself is a violation of my right to life.

[quote name='Winchester' date='10 April 2010 - 05:55 AM' timestamp='1270904126' post='2090373']
After much thought, I will throw in a yes vote. Because the enemy of my enemy is my friend and the Tea Party movement does not seek to violate my right to life, which Obama and the Democrats do seek to remove.

Attempting to disarm or curtail my right to defend myself is a violation of my right to life.
[/quote]

question. has Obama done anything like gun control yet? was it a campaign promise? what, other than "he is a democrat" makes that so certain? i dont remmber if he did promise anything so, enlighten me :)

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='10 April 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1270905049' post='2090375']
question. has Obama done anything like gun control yet? was it a campaign promise? what, other than "he is a democrat" makes that so certain? i dont remmber if he did promise anything so, enlighten me :)
[/quote]
Obama's record is one of gun control. He hasn't done this as president yet, but he's stated he believes in gun control. He belongs to a party that supports gun control, has indicated disdain fro gun owners.