An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tea Party

Resurrexi

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Hilde' date='27 February 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1267315884' post='2063990']
I'm not even sure what this is about.
[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement"]This[/url].

I said "no", but I guess as a Canadian, I have no right to vote in this one :mellow: besides, I thought with the music video, it was referring to something else :)

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='27 February 2010 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1267316675' post='2064002']
I said "no", but I guess as a Canadian, I have no right to vote in this one :mellow: besides, I thought with the music video, it was referring to something else :)
[/quote]

The music video doesn't really have much to do with the movement. I just posted it because I thought it was a cool video and because I didn't have anything to say in the first post.

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='27 February 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1267316892' post='2064003']
The music video doesn't really have much to do with the movement. I just posted it because I thought it was a cool video and because I didn't have anything to say in the first post.
[/quote]

I like your new avatar. Where's it from?

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='27 February 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1267322440' post='2064030']
I like your new avatar. Where's it from?
[/quote]

It's from the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Basilica of [url="http://romanchurches.wikia.com/wiki/Santa_Sofia_a_Via_Boccea"]Santa Sofia a Via Boccea[/url] in Rome.

Edited by Resurrexi

if you ever want a conservative in the white house, you probably shouldnt support the Tea Party movement.

as soon as it decides its a political movement, its gonna steal a huge chuck of the voter base away from the republicans(im not too unhappy about this personally) and then say hello to a liberal president! forever!

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1267329158' post='2064089']
if you ever want a conservative in the white house, you probably shouldnt support the Tea Party movement.

as soon as it decides its a political movement, its gonna steal a huge chuck of the voter base away from the republicans(im not too unhappy about this personally) and then say hello to a liberal president! forever!
[/quote]
Stranger things have worked better than anyone might have imagined in politics. It's an odd game.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1267329158' post='2064089']
[/quote]

The dying Whig party probably said the same thing about the nascent Republicans in the mid-19th century.

[quote name='CatherineM' date='27 February 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1267318308' post='2064012']
Not a fan, no. I consider it a privilege to live in a democracy and pay taxes.
[/quote]

Thats great then you agree with the tea party people, they consider paying taxes is commendable, they just do not beleive in unfair taxes.

ed

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1267329158' post='2064089']
if you ever want a conservative in the white house, you probably should[s]nt[/s] support the Tea Party movement.

as soon as it decides its a political movement, its gonna steal a huge chuck of the voter base away from the republicans([s]im not too unhappy[/s] ecstatic about this personally) and then say hello to a [s]liberal president! forever![/s] multi-party system.
[/quote]

Fixed it.

Edited by aalpha1989

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='27 February 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1267343790' post='2064172']
Fixed it.
[/quote]

hmm, personally if it wasnt for the abortion thing, i wouldnt mind if the GOP never won another election. the way the party is currently anyways.

and the teaparty being a political party would pretty much ensure that. no liberals would join it, it would cut out enough support from the republicans so they wouldnt win, and not enough so that the tea party could beat the liberals. not to mention, the remaining conservatives might just jump ship to liberal s and other third parties.

it would be a weird system for an election or two.