An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Is A Muslim

dairygirl4u2c

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='27 February 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1267313084' post='2063965']
(I don't consider a teleprompter to be the same thing as a few cue cards or notes written on a hand.)
[/quote]

there are pros and cons to whether the teleprompter is justified, or the hand writing etc. in a general sense, a few notes are better than written out of an entire speech, cause that's what professionals do. but, when the speeches are more elaborate, writing them out isn't even comparable to a few notes, cause one cannot be elaborate in a systematically organized way anyway, unless one uses a teleprompter. point being, palin's ideas are not elaborate, but usually of a simplton almost variety, plus the topics she lists are things like 'tax cuts' etc, which shouldnt need reminding as they are like saying 'breath' etc.
plus, obama is not dependant on the teleprompter, as has been mentioned- he just likes to use it.
point ultimately being, there's more being said about nihil's desire to defend palin and put down obama here, than about what they are ultimately being critiqued and observed and such for.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='01 March 2010 - 09:21 AM' timestamp='1267456897' post='2064735']

point ultimately being, there's more being said about nihil's desire to defend palin and put down obama here, than about what they are ultimately being critiqued and observed and such for.
[/quote]
Excuse me?
Better read the thread a little more attentively this time.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1267310015' post='2063935']
ahh, but who manufactured the pen? and the ink? and the industrial strength solvent she cleaned it off with later (if it was permanent marker i would be lol ing)?

we arent being serious right now, right?
[/quote]
But the teleprompters also were manufactured. And then supplied with power.

• 5 weeks later...
Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='31 March 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1270070435' post='2084258']
JMJ
Obama is not only a muslim, he is a stinking muslim.
[/quote]
You'd think that the taxpayers could fund some deodorant, eh? I guess the economy must really be in bad shape.

:mellow:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Didacus' date='31 March 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1270078650' post='2084389']
If anyone objects to Obama being a muslim that only means that whoever objects is a racist.

right?
:huh:
[/quote]
Nope.

hoosieranna

Read the post before accusing me of anything.

What's the actual debate here? Whether or not the president is Muslim? Whether a Muslim should be allowed to to president? The perceived disconnect between the president's words and creed? I'm honestly not clear.

If a person chooses to keep their beliefs private, so be it. A particular faith's fitness for office is null. We've had Catholic presidents, Quaker presidents (Nixon-talk about irony), even a Jewish VP candidate. Freedom of religion means that members of any faith can run. Voting against someone because you disagree with their political objectives is understandable. I've done it myself. Voting against someone only because you don't like their faith doesn't forward an alternative, possibly more palatable agenda.

I tend to agree with Apo on this one-the president believes in himself. Racism doesn't apply because Islam is a faith, not a race. The whole idea of race is a different thread for another day. In case it arises, I didn't vote for him. I'm not a Muslim or a extreme leftist. I'm a basic, moderate Midwesterner. That should be known by now.

JoanChittister

Obama is as Christian as I am Catholic!

Obama a Muslim? Please.:rolleyes:

Edited by JoanChittister

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='JoanChittister' date='01 April 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1270146984' post='2084955']
Obama is as Christian as I am Catholic!

Obama a Muslim? Please.:rolleyes:
[/quote]
:lol: Obama may not be Muslim, but he's sure no Christian.

He's Barackist.

[quote name='Nadezhda' date='01 April 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1270135948' post='2084802']
We've had a Catholic president (and he was a crappy Catholic).[/quote]
fxd.