An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Is A Muslim

dairygirl4u2c

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1267315204' post='2063982']
except that mcCain was bringing up the campaigning and past issues from before the election by himself, fairly unneccessary to what point he was making. to which Obama then replied that the election was actually over. and then McCain got really awkward. "yeah i know, im reminded of that fact every day *sob*"

but then later in the debate/meeting he was nice.

McCain "why should we carve out 800,000 people cause they live in florida to keep the medicare advantage program and then want to do away with it?"

Obama "i think you make a legitimate point."

McCain "well, uh, maybe, we uh" [*wow, he agreed with me*]

Obama "Thank you very much"

McCain "thanks"

from what i saw of that meeting it was a good step away from party line axe grinding towards working together to get something done.
[/quote]

[b]Democrats emerged from the meetingsaying they have bipartisanship without the Republicans [/b]

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1267315204' post='2063982']
. . . from what i saw of that meeting it was a good step away from party line axe grinding towards working together to get something done.
[/quote]
Ramming through an agenda through a process of parliamentary reconciliation is hardly bi-partisan. I can only hope and pray that the Democrats are unable to cooperate with each other - which so far has been the case - and that the present healthcare bill dies, so that - when the fall election alters the make up of Congress - Obama is unable to federalize the healthcare system during what will hopefully be his one and only term as President.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 February 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1267316368' post='2063998']
Ramming through an agenda through a process of parliamentary reconciliation is hardly bi-partisan. I can only hope and pray that the Democrats are unable to cooperate with each other - which so far has been the case - and that the present healthcare bill dies, so that - when the fall election alters the make up of Congress - Obama is unable to federalize the healthcare system during what will hopefully be his one and only term as President.
[/quote]

Amen and +1 well stated!

ed

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 February 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1267316368' post='2063998']
[/quote]

considering that the bill now contains something like 190 out of 210(cant remember exactly) of the republicans demands/requested changes and has been severely neutered, without ANY support whatsoever from the repucblicans, i think its high time the democrats stopped caring what the republicans want, until they stop acting like stubborn children

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='27 February 2010 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1267284238' post='2063698']
I didn't vote in the poll, because I already believed Obama is a Muslim.
[/quote]

Muslim theologians condemn abortion, Muslim teachings do allow for abortion, therefore Obama is not a Muslim

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='28 February 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1267340926' post='2064159']
considering that the bill now contains something like 190 out of 210(cant remember exactly) of the republicans demands/requested changes and has been severely neutered, without ANY support whatsoever from the repucblicans, i think its high time the democrats stopped caring what the republicans want, until they stop acting like stubborn children
[/quote]
The senate bill does not conform even to the differences required by pro-life Democrats in the House. I do not know what bill you are talking about, but the reconciliation process in Congress must use either the House bill or the Senate bill. You cannot do an act of reconciliation with the monstrosity that Obama has posted on the White House website, because the Congress has never voted on that proposal.

[quote name='apparently' date='28 February 2010 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1267367850' post='2064213']
Muslim theologians condemn abortion, Muslim teachings do allow for abortion, therefore Obama is not a Muslim
[/quote]

Huh? Catholic theologians condemn abortion, Catholic teaching does not allow for abortions, does this mean that Nancy Pelosi and Ted Kennedy, to name a few, are not catholics either, and would that include all who voted for them?

ed

Obama should keep his campaign promises on healthcare and scrap both the existing House and Senate bills and start from scratch with open hearings on C-SPAN. That is what he promised.

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='28 February 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1267378301' post='2064274']
Huh? Catholic theologians condemn abortion, Catholic teaching does not allow for abortions, does this mean that Nancy Pelosi and Ted Kennedy, to name a few, are not catholics either, and would that include all who voted for them?[/quote]
I agree with the proposition that Pelosi and Ted Kennedy are not Catholics. One cannot be Catholic and support abortion, or any other position contrary to the moral law. By their own stated positions they have separated themselves from full communion with the Catholic Church, and it does not require a canonical act by their respective bishops to know that this is the case.

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='28 February 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1267378301' post='2064274']
Huh? Catholic theologians condemn abortion, Catholic teaching does not allow for abortions, does this mean that Nancy Pelosi and Ted Kennedy, to name a few, are not catholics either, and would that include all who voted for them?

ed
[/quote]

we have BINGO

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='28 February 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1267378301' post='2064274']

ed
[/quote]
I'm with Apo on this one, as far as my understanding of the subject takes me.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='28 February 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1267378344' post='2064275']
Obama should keep his campaign promises on healthcare and scrap both the existing House and Senate bills and start from scratch with open hearings on C-SPAN. That is what he promised.
[/quote]

on this we agree completely. the current bill has been neutereda and compromised into complete croutons. what should have been something tokeep the corrupt insurance companies in check or remove them entirely has morphed ito something that plays right into their hands.

starting over would be nice, and considering how many people in america want a public option i am totally hornswoggled(awesome word of the day) that it was taken out.