An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Is A Muslim

dairygirl4u2c

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Chestertonian' date='27 February 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1267300670' post='2063822']
I really hope you're not equating jotting down subjects you want to address on your hand, to reading, word for word, from a teleprompter.
[/quote]
tbh, being a politician and needing notes to remember to talk about "taxes" and "uplifting american spirit" is like a normal people writing "breath in then out" or "chew before swallowing" on their hand.

and that reading from her palm was mid interview.
claiming it is elitist to use a teleprompter or speech notes is fairly asinine.

[quote name='apparently' date='27 February 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1267300932' post='2063824']
Staged, scripted, or teleprompter is the order of the day.

Generally articulate?

[/quote]

yeah actually. he was articulate and quick to respond, without much in the way of logical fallacies. the fact that you dont like what he says, does not mean he wasnt saying it well.

The Comrade is quite articulate. He's like a pop song--catchy but shallow. His ideas are those of a fifteen year old idealist.

He does come across as arrogant to me, but I happen to view him as a tyrant and enemy of freedom so I'm willing to admit some bias. He is a leftist, he does ignore reality and he apparently believes that citizens' rights are issued by the government.

I cannot wait until he is out of office and I am [s]ashamed [/s] pissed that the Electoral system failed to protect us from the MTV vote.

Edited by Winchester

dairygirl4u2c

"claiming it is elitist to use a teleprompter or speech notes is fairly asinine. "

people who get hung up on these things, that any normal even superhuman would do (and all politicians, often), are just making themselves look silly. that obama does it,a nd then someone flaws him for it, shows more about the person who flaws him, than about obama. the same people who would say it, are the same people who usually based their opinions on party line or gut (what i call, cookie cutters), instead of clearer independant thinking.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='27 February 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1267305281' post='2063871']
"claiming it is elitist to use a teleprompter or speech notes is fairly asinine. "
[/quote]

where did or how did elitist/teleprompter use come from, i missed something :scratchhead:

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1267299212' post='2063808']
considering how many recent speeches and long involved debates and q&A sessions Obama has given without a teleprompter recently (you might not have seen them, fox news hasnt covered them at all), and how generally articulate he was in them, i find that a little weird to assume he needs one.

at least he doesnt need to write notes on his hand :P
[img]http://sarahpalintruthsquad.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/palinhandcloseup.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

the telepromter issue came up when this person, quoted another person making a comment about a teleprompter.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1267299212' post='2063808']
at least he doesnt need to write notes on his hand :P
[img]http://sarahpalintruthsquad.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/palinhandcloseup.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

At least notes in the hand use less energy than teleprompters.

Now who's being green?

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='27 February 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1267309220' post='2063921']
the telepromter issue came up when this person, quoted another person making a comment about a teleprompter.
[/quote]

o humor, haha

[quote name='Norseman82' date='27 February 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1267309377' post='2063924']
At least notes in the hand use less energy than teleprompters.

Now who's being green?
[/quote]

ahh, but who manufactured the pen? and the ink? and the industrial strength solvent she cleaned it off with later (if it was permanent marker i would be lol ing)?

we arent being serious right now, right?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1267302954' post='2063845']
tbh, being a politician and needing notes to remember to talk about "taxes" and "uplifting american spirit" is like a normal people writing "breath in then out" or "chew before swallowing" on their hand.

and that reading from her palm was mid interview.

claiming it is elitist to use a teleprompter or speech notes is fairly asinine. [/quote]
I have given speeches in front of crowds ranging in size from 10 people to over 500 people, and I normally list out a series of points that I want to address, and then speak extemporaneously on those subjects. I rarely have written out a formal speech when giving an address, and simply use the list of points to make sure that I do not forget to address a particular topic.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 February 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1267311311' post='2063952']
I have given speeches in front of crowds ranging in size from 10 people to over 500 people, and I normally list out a series of points that I want to address, and then speak extemporaneously on those subjects. I rarely have written out a formal speech when giving an address, and simply use the list of points to make sure that I do not forget to address a particular topic.
[/quote]

yeah i know, i have done the same myself. im not really dissing Sarah Palin for writing notes on her hand, though the video of her sneaking peaks at them is increbly obvious and funny, but dissing her for being a hypocrite, in repeatedly making fun of Obama and others for needing teleprompters/notes/etc

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1267312025' post='2063957']
yeah i know, i have done the same myself. im not really dissing Sarah Palin for writing notes on her hand, though the video of her sneaking peaks at them is increbly obvious and funny, but dissing her for being a hypocrite, in repeatedly making fun of Obama and others for needing teleprompters/notes/etc
[/quote]
Obama, just on the issue of healthcare reform, has not only been a hypocrite but a liar, and I saw him belittle Senator McCain yesterday by saying that the election is over, NO DUH. Obama is not as good a speaker as his is given credit for being.

Of course the topic of this thread is not whether Obama is a good speaker (clearly I do not think that he is a good speaker, but then I do not like people who openly lie with impunity), but the topic is about his religious faith, and - as far as that topic is concerned - I believe that Obama worships Obama.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='27 February 2010 - 03:13 PM' timestamp='1267312394' post='2063958']
saw him belittle Senator McCain yesterday by saying that the election is over, NO DUH.
[/quote]

except that mcCain was bringing up the campaigning and past issues from before the election by himself, fairly unneccessary to what point he was making. to which Obama then replied that the election was actually over. and then McCain got really awkward. "yeah i know, im reminded of that fact every day *sob*"

but then later in the debate/meeting he was nice.

McCain "why should we carve out 800,000 people cause they live in florida to keep the medicare advantage program and then want to do away with it?"

Obama "i think you make a legitimate point."

McCain "well, uh, maybe, we uh" [*wow, he agreed with me*]

Obama "Thank you very much"

McCain "thanks"

from what i saw of that meeting it was a good step away from party line axe grinding towards working together to get something done.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 February 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1267315204' post='2063982']
except that mcCain was bringing up the campaigning and past issues from before the election by himself, fairly unneccessary to what point he was making. to which Obama then replied that the election was actually over. and then McCain got really awkward. "yeah i know, im reminded of that fact every day *sob*"

but then later in the debate/meeting he was nice.

McCain "why should we carve out 800,000 people cause they live in florida to keep the medicare advantage program and then want to do away with it?"

Obama "i think you make a legitimate point."

McCain "well, uh, maybe, we uh" [*wow, he agreed with me*]

Obama "Thank you very much"

McCain "thanks"

from what i saw of that meeting it was a good step away from party line axe grinding towards working together to get something done.
[/quote]
I watched the whole talk, not just the quoted exchange, and you did not quote the references by McCain to Obama's campaign promises of open debate, which of course never occurred, in connection with healthcare reform. I found Obama rude and aggressive, but he always gets aggressive when someone disagrees with him.

That said, I believe the topic of this thread is Obama's religious faith, and I stand by what I have said; I believe that Obama worships himself. He is clearly - based on his moral stands on various issues - neither a Christian nor a Muslim.

Edited by Apotheoun