An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Be-All End-All Muslim Thread

Vincent Vega

Answer the following:  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='07 March 2010 - 04:16 AM' timestamp='1267895783' post='2067536']
No, Jesus was Crucified because He is the TRUTH, the WAY and the LIFE...and to fulfill Holy Scriptures, that the "stone which the builders rejected has become the Cornerstone." I don't care how anyone else sees the reasons for His Crucifixion and death (political, power playing, jealousy, etc.) My Faith has always taught me Jesus died because His message was Life-giving. He brought TRUTH into the world, and the world rejected that TRUTH by hanging Him on a cross...

I can't count how many people I've helped find their way to Jesus, because I was upfront with them about my beliefs, rather than watering down my Faith to somehow appease them...that's not how St. Paul did it. That's not how St. Dominic did it. Evangelization requires you standing up for what you believe in, or else you'll fall for anything...
[/quote]

Although I can't see why people would reject truth and want lies for no reason not based on greed, power or jealousy, the people you have helped find Jesus would have been achieved by the truth that you argue above. Because it is really truth. To tell someone that their belief is false may be a truth.. yet it's also not, because it will most likely lead someone away from Jesus. And anything that leads people from Jesus is a lie and therefore is not a truth. If someone comes to PM looking for Jesus and they read your first paragraph then they may have found what they seek, but if they read hatred and contempt for the beliefs of another, then this will result in that person thinking "Jesus is not here!" And that will be a truth that they will have found, an unfortunate one. No one suggests that you water down your faith. If you want to stand on a street corner shouting about it, then fantastic that would be really showing the courage of conviction. A good sports wo/man defeats their opposition with their skill, not by their opponents weakness.

And I gave 'lounge Daddy' a second point to someone else's because I thought what he wrote was fair comment. Someone took away my right to do that! They think only their friends have a right to pluses. The MM forum doesn't have a minus function. I wonder if this makes them more Christian than PM on this particular aspect. Interesting thought don't you think?