An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Be-All End-All Muslim Thread

Vincent Vega

Answer the following:  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='24 February 2010 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1267048155' post='2062600']
You are correct. How astute. Are you a lawyer? maybe you should be!
The answer to the third question is yes. We need to use oppression and violence against criminals and extremists.
[/quote]
I didn't mean it that mean.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Winchester' date='25 February 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1267056470' post='2062646']
I didn't mean it that mean.
[/quote]
I didn't mean it to sound so severe either. What I meant was that police or soldiers will need to use lethal force to enforce the will of the law. (violence) And people who commit crimes should be dealt with by jail terms (oppressing them)

I voted "no" on #3, but what exactly constitutes "abuse and oppression" (especially with the "emotional or otherwise" clause) is very much open to interpretation.

Most modern liberals would call any refusal to condone homosexual behavior, or the state not recognizing "gay marriage," to constitute "emotional or otherwise" abuse and oppression of homosexuals.

In its own way, contemporary liberalism is more perverse and evil than Islam.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Winchester' date='25 February 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1267065584' post='2062704']
We should also oppress anime fans.
[/quote]

Violence would be more fun!

[quote name='Winchester' date='24 February 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1267065584' post='2062704']
We should also oppress anime fans.
[/quote]
[size="1"]Good thing I'm closeted. I'm so ashamed of my weakness.[/size] :weep:

[quote name='Socrates' date='22 February 2010 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1266899339' post='2061636']
The "defending Islam" remark was not directed at you. I kind of used your post as a springboard to address some general issues, sorry if I was unclear.
[/quote]

Ah, my mistake. :) Pax!

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='23 February 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1266903516' post='2061696']
:lol: You're the best!
[/quote]

What can I say, I try. :blush: ^_^

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='25 February 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1267074047' post='2062747']
Violence would be more fun!
[/quote]
Violence could be the means of oppression.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='22 February 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1266888364' post='2061513']
Correct.

I'm also confused as to how you think Islam is a true religion. :unsure:

And as to why Dominican Soul finds oppression, abuse, and/or violence acceptable.
[/quote]

I don't like labeling things a "false religion" just like I don't like tossing about the word "cult." Part of the reason for that is because I don't believe in thinking such Catholicism = truth, therefor everything else = lie.

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='03 March 2010 - 08:04 AM' timestamp='1267621488' post='2065863']
I don't like labeling things a "false religion" just like I don't like tossing about the word "cult." Part of the reason for that is because I don't believe in thinking such Catholicism = truth, therefor everything else = lie.
[/quote]
A religion can only be true if it was established by God. We believe in one church. The Church has more than once called other religions false. You needn't do it--it's been done for you, already.

I have no problem opposing a dead thing, which is what a false religion is. The truth in a false religion can be argued as not a member of that religion, just as we in mortal sin cut ourselves off from the Body of Christ and die, so a religion that is false is dead and those living members which it acknowledges are not really its members.

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='03 March 2010 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1267632947' post='2065924']
Okay, who voted yes to question number three??
[/quote]
This is a public poll, which means that you can click on the links and see who voted on each question.