An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Nun (2007 -- Swedish Film)

laetitia crucis

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Hilde' date='24 February 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1267023300' post='2062382']
Well, all you have to do then is learn finnish or swedish. :P
[/quote]

'Tis true. :sadder:

I think my brain would explode.

:sadwalk:

:lol:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='24 February 2010 - 11:11 AM' timestamp='1267024284' post='2062387']
lol Oh dear God please let it have English subtitles! :pray:
[/quote]

Since it's showing in the U.S., I'm PRAYING for the English subtitles, as well!

Surely, the EWTN schedule planners are merciful to us one-language speakin' 'mercans... :hehehe: :unsure:

:bigpray:

Marie-Therese

I watched it when it aired last night, and yes, it was in English subtitles. :lol:

It was lovely...my only complaint is that I wish they had included more on her life in cloister, because there was very little film aside from a few scenes of her in solitary prayer, and of her in the parlour with her family. However, I know it was a great dispensation to be able to film at all.

It was amazing to learn about her life at home. Wow, what a blessing to be raised in such a devout family!

melporcristo

JMJT

My friends recorded it for me since they have a TiVO :) Now THAT'S using technology for the right reasons!

I saw that documentary a few years ago. The young nun was not interviewed by a Catholic, or a believer for that matter, so the interviewer's questions and the way she edited the video clearly show it from a "secular" (read: "OMGoodness this is SOO weird") perspective, which is something I never like in a video about religious.

However, I think it showed some good points and was fairly good, overall. I'm not sure where the Sisters got it from (that's where I watched it) but I'll see if I can find it available anywhere. :)

Edited by CherieMadame

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='24 February 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1267025473' post='2062392']
Since it's showing in the U.S., I'm PRAYING for the English subtitles, as well!

Surely, the EWTN schedule planners are merciful to us one-language speakin' 'mercans... :hehehe: :unsure:

:bigpray:
[/quote]
Just watched the 2:00 airing on EWTN. And yes, sub-titles were included. Enjoyed it a lot. Her little brother...sweet...he loved his sister, Marta, so much. Heart-wrenching separation for all when Marta left. What a family!
An amazing vocation...so beautiful to watch.
Thanks for the reminders to tune in.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Kathgirl' date='06 March 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1267905945' post='2067583']
Just watched the 2:00 airing on EWTN. And yes, sub-titles were included. Enjoyed it a lot. Her little brother...sweet...he loved his sister, Marta, so much. Heart-wrenching separation for all when Marta left. What a family!
An amazing vocation...so beautiful to watch.
Thanks for the reminders to tune in.
[/quote]

Reminds me of the scene in the movie about St Teresa of the Andes where she enters Carmel and her non-believing brother breaks down. So sad. :(

melporcristo

JMJT

I just watched it today! Turns out a parishoner is related to this family somehow! Now I can ask him questions on the follow-up with the family.

But WOW ... the movie was so beautiful! It left me so convicted & even more in love with religious life!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='melporcristo' date='08 March 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1268094054' post='2069174']
JMJT

I just watched it today! Turns out a parishoner is related to this family somehow! Now I can ask him questions on the follow-up with the family.

But WOW ... the movie was so beautiful! It left me so convicted & even more in love with religious life!
[/quote]

Oh wow! That is really cool! Perhaps you'd be able to share a bit on your follow-up? :whistle: ;)

I'll be watching it tomorrow! :tvhappy: (Thank God for DVR and a generous friend that recorded the film for me! :lol: )

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='melporcristo' date='08 March 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1268105543' post='2069348']
:yes:

Will send an update soon!
[/quote]

drats! I missed it!:ohno:

oooo looking forward to any follow up info! I watched it and thought it was well done for a secular film. She certainly is blessed to have such a good family, and her little brother... aaaw.