An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Nun (2007 -- Swedish Film)

laetitia crucis

laetitia crucis

My parish usually has those EWTN television program schedule sitting out, and even though I don't have cable I grabbed one this Sunday. (Sometimes I try to catch things online.) Anyhoo -- this month and next month, EWTN will be showing "[url="http://www.sfi.se/en-gb/Swedish-film-database/Item/?itemid=62471&type=MOVIE&iv=Basic"]The Nun[/url]".

It's one hour in duration and will be airing in the U.S. on Feb. 28 at 2AM (ET) and 11PM on Sat. (PT). It's airing again in March at a more a decent time, but I left the program schedule in my mom's car yesterday.

Here's a bit of info that I could find on it:

[quote]A documentary about a young Swedish woman’s decision to devote her life entirely to God.

Completely closed to the mass media and all outsiders, the Carmelite Convent in Glumslöv in the south of Sweden granted an exception for Maud Nycander to meet and interview Marta at the end of her novitiate. Nycander has followed Marta and her family since 1996 when Marta graduated from high school and made her radical decision. The film is an extraordinary meeting with a deeply religious family.[/quote]

And from EWTN's site:

[quote]This unique documentary follows the real life story of Marta, her desire to be a nun, and the fervent Catholic family that nurtured her vocation.[/quote]

Sounds like a good film! I'm looking forward to watching it! Has anyone else seen this before? If so, what did you think?

Thank you! I checked the EWTN program schedule, but it only goes up to March 6th and only shows this scheduled for Feb 28th. Hope I can remember to check again when the March schedule is posted on the website, then I can program it on my tv so I will not forget to watch.

Thanks again - God bless!

In His Heart...

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Two Hearts' date='18 February 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1266518798' post='2058845']
Thank you! I checked the EWTN program schedule, but it only goes up to March 6th and only shows this scheduled for Feb 28th. Hope I can remember to check again when the March schedule is posted on the website, then I can program it on my tv so I will not forget to watch.

Thanks again - God bless!

In His Heart...
[/quote]

:clap: You're welcome, Two Hearts! Can't wait to see it!

I might have to ask one of my friends with a DVR to record it for me, too... just in case I forget or fall asleep too early when it's showing! :lol:

LilyofSaintMaria

I think this is the same one I saw last year. EWTN aired it sometime last year. It was quite good! Very interesting and devoted Catholic family.

brandelynmarie

I'm always up for nun movies...I love DVR! Thanks for the heads up... ^_^

(hey...why isn't there a nun smilie? I've always wondered.... :think: )

laetitia crucis

[quote name='brandelynmarie' date='18 February 2010 - 06:46 PM' timestamp='1266533193' post='2058989']
I'm always up for nun movies...I love DVR! Thanks for the heads up... ^_^

(hey...why isn't there a nun smilie? I've always wondered.... :think: )
[/quote]

I've always wanted a nun-smiley here, too!

I mean, we have a priest one (TWO, actually! :priest: :priest_halo: ) -- a nun/sister one would only be fair, right? :D

Edited by laetitia crucis

[quote name='carmelite15' date='18 February 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1266544370' post='2059080']
I have it on tape.
[/quote]

How did you get it so quickly?

Also - does anyone know when & what time in March it will be playing? I'm going to a youth conference as a chaperone next weekend so I won't be able to see it or record it, unless my friends time it somehow on their TIVO ...

In The Arms of The Lord

Through research, I came upon a very nice few minute clip of the Documentary; if your interested:

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=77247&a=935761

Edited by In The Arms of The Lord

laetitia crucis

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' date='21 February 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1266781247' post='2060570']
Through research, I came upon a very nice few minute clip of the Documentary; if your interested:

[/quote]

Thanks -- I am very interested!! :tvhappy:

This is most excellent.

[quote]We were created for somebody else. We are [i]half[/i] persons in a sense... We leave that space for God to fill.[/quote]

And beautiful.

sistersintigo

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' date='21 February 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1266781247' post='2060570']

[/quote]
And what is more...
the above is the television network website. They have a WebStore (webbutiken?) and here is the page
in which they OFFER this very film:
http://butiken.svt.se/system/search/product.asp?id=580

...but I don't know Swedish and the whole site is in Swedish. Good luck.

[quote name='sistersintigo' date='21 February 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1266784675' post='2060600']
And what is more...
the above is the television network website. They have a WebStore (webbutiken?) and here is the page
in which they OFFER this very film:
http://butiken.svt.se/system/search/product.asp?id=580

...but I don't know Swedish and the whole site is in Swedish. Good luck.
[/quote]

How to tell if it is US DVD compatible? And is it subtitled? Thanks! :)

In His Heart.....