An Old School Catholic Message Board

Photo Show Of My Vestiture

toservelove

[quote name='toservelove' date='16 February 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1266349802' post='2057973']
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share this photo show one of the sisters made for me. This is my clothing or vestiture. I am now officially part of the Dominican novitiate! For all of you discerning, my prayers are with you. For all who prayed for me and helped me on my journey, thank you. Please continue to pray that I persevere in doing God's will.

God bless,
Sr. Eve-Marie of the Seven Sorrows
[/quote]

Beautiful ceremony! This wouldn't happen to be the Dominican Monastery in Farmington Hills, MI?

Nevermind! LOL! I looked on your profile and it is. :topsy:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

AccountDeleted

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='17 February 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1266376965' post='2058168']
Beautiful ceremony! This wouldn't happen to be the Dominican Monastery in Farmington Hills, MI?

Nevermind! LOL! I looked on your profile and it is. :topsy:
[/quote]

Omigosh! I thought it looked familiar but wasn't sure. I think I have met you Sister! I was at the Farmington monastery in January last year (2009) with Sister Judie Ann (I was dressed in a black and white postulant outfit) and I think I met you there at a confirmation ceremony? We had all tea afterwards in that downstairs area. The photos where the dolls are - that looks like where I was. I was only there for a few hours so I can't be sure, but you look familiar and so do some of the other sisters! Anyway, it all looks wonderful.

[quote name='DameAgnes' date='17 February 2010 - 09:41 AM' timestamp='1266417689' post='2058302']
Beautiful name; lovely ceremony. Congrats! Which community is this?
[/quote]

Dominican Nuns, Farmington Hills, Michigan! Hope they continue to attract more vocations :saint: .

Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers--posted and unposted! My feast day is Sept. 15, Our Lady of Sorrows, and yes this is Farmington Hills. www.opnuns-fh.org if you're interested. It is a wonderful, orthodox group of sisters. I do pray for all of you. Again, thanks.

[quote name='nunsense' date='16 February 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1266377481' post='2058173']
Omigosh! I thought it looked familiar but wasn't sure. I think I have met you Sister! I was at the Farmington monastery in January last year (2009) with Sister Judie Ann (I was dressed in a black and white postulant outfit) and I think I met you there at a confirmation ceremony? We had all tea afterwards in that downstairs area. The photos where the dolls are - that looks like where I was. I was only there for a few hours so I can't be sure, but you look familiar and so do some of the other sisters! Anyway, it all looks wonderful.
[/quote]
I didn't enter until Feb. 2009, so it was not me you met, but I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit. The dolls are in the hallway, way at the end (uh...blocking a fire escape I just realized...ooops.) It's near both the infirmary and the novitiate, if you were in that area.

By the way, the doll on the swing is me! :))

AccountDeleted

[quote name='toservelove' date='19 February 2010 - 09:29 AM' timestamp='1266532142' post='2058979']
I didn't enter until Feb. 2009, so it was not me you met, but I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit. The dolls are in the hallway, way at the end (uh...blocking a fire escape I just realized...ooops.) It's near both the infirmary and the novitiate, if you were in that area.

By the way, the doll on the swing is me! :))
[/quote]

Oh well, all you Dominicans look alike to me! :pound_lol: and I was only in Detroit for ten days and only spent one morning at your monastery, so I don't remember much of anything about that visit, just visions in white! Everyone was very nice and I am so glad that you are happy there. You make a very cute doll! :)

Ok - I don't exactly cry at the drop of a hat, but this had me in tears! I was so touched by the expressions of love on the sisters' faces (especially Mother) and the absolute joy at welcoming you during the kiss of peace. It is really wonderful that everyone is able to share in your joy - even the sister confined to her bed. Nothing short of death could keep me from an investiture of a new sister - and even then, I might try to find a way! (Just bring my ashes... you can put me back after the ceremony!)

I wish you peace, and the grace of perseverance, dear Sister! (Lovely name, too! Do you get to choose, suggest, or is it decided for you?)

Pray for us Franciscans...

SMM