An Old School Catholic Message Board

Photo Show Of My Vestiture

toservelove

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share this photo show one of the sisters made for me. This is my clothing or vestiture. I am now officially part of the Dominican novitiate! For all of you discerning, my prayers are with you. For all who prayed for me and helped me on my journey, thank you. Please continue to pray that I persevere in doing God's will.

God bless,
Sr. Eve-Marie of the Seven Sorrows

laetitia crucis

Blessed be God, Sr. Eve-Marie of the Seven Sorrows! :clap:

What a beautiful name, and a beautiful investiture! (If you don't mind my asking, what day do you celebrate as your feast day?)

I am particularly fond of the tradition for Dominicans to lay prostrate before receiving their habits, and before their Professions. ;)

Congratulations!

And might I say, Matt Maher's "Set a Seal" is one of my favorite songs and is just perfect for this most grace-filled occasion. :love:

Thank you so much for sharing your special day with us.

P.S. -- I absolutely adore the little Dominican dolls! And the decorations - so sweet!

Wow!!
Congratulations!!
You are really SO beautiful!!
I will pray for you before the grave of saint father Dominic!!
God bless you.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='organwerke' date='16 February 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1266352196' post='2057987']
Wow!!
Congratulations!!
You are really SO beautiful!!
[b]I will pray for you before the grave of saint father Dominic!!
[/b]God bless you.
[/quote]

:woot: This is so great, organwerke!!! -- When will you be going to the grave of St. Dominic?

Maybe you could say a little prayer for all of us discerners here on Vocation Station, too? :saint: ;)

And of course, take all the rosaries you have and touch them to his grave... that makes them 3rd Class relics, right? :evil: :hehe:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='16 February 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1266352575' post='2057991']
:woot: This is so great, organwerke!!! -- When will you be going to the grave of St. Dominic?

Maybe you could say a little prayer for all of us discerners here on Vocation Station, too? :saint: ;)

And of course, take all the rosaries you have and touch them to his grave... that makes them 3rd Class relics, right? :evil: :hehe:
[/quote]

I live in the city where there is saint Dominic's grave!!
So I can go there whenever I want! :)
It is my favourite church, I have a lot of very important memories of my life connected with this holy place!
I can't say how much I'm fond of this church: it really means TOO MUCH for me!

Of course I will say a prayer for all you discerners, especially for those who are discerning the dominican charism!
God bless you

Edited by organwerke

AccountDeleted

Dear Sr. Eve-Marie of the Seven Sorrows - thank you so much for sharing your beautiful clothing day with us all. It is so inspiring to see such joy and love and the habit is just such a grace. Speaking as a Carmelite myself, I have such a love for the Dominican habit - it is just so pure with all that white! And those long veils? Delicious! :)

You look so very happy, especially near the end of the photos with that really big smile.
Your name is lovely too.... thank you again. Many prayers for you during your Novitiate. :pray:

[quote name='toservelove' date='16 February 2010 - 03:51 PM' timestamp='1266349863' post='2057975']
Ooops, here's the link!

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/tQ8as2fD
[/quote]

Absolutely lovely! Thank You. God bless you. Congratulations.

Pax,
Osap

In The Arms of The Lord

How beautiful! Thank you for sharing this with us. The lyrics of the song are so sweet.

May Our Lord bring you ever closer to Himself; providing you always with the graces to do His Will in all things.

Many blessings.