An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going To Adoration With Someone You Are In A Relationship With?

HolyPhoenix

To new couples I'd suggest making sure there are still boundaries on how spiritually close you let one get to you, but otherwise go for it!

Just make sure you're praying apart from the significant other as well. (I.E don't only go to adoration together and pray together, spend your own time in meditation)

[quote name='Slappo' date='12 February 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1266011800' post='2056082']
To new couples I'd suggest making sure there are still boundaries on how spiritually close you let one get to you, but otherwise go for it!

Just make sure you're praying apart from the significant other as well. (I.E don't only go to adoration together and pray together, spend your own time in meditation)
[/quote]

This. Pray together, AND pray on your own.

That was my thought. :P I feel it's important to get prayer both together and separate. When I decided to go to adoration with her, to ask her we have never been) at first she didn't say anything. But today she went crazy with a whole "We can never go to adoration together until at least engagement if not marriage. We'd have to ask a priest. And, the priests I have talked to think it is a good idea to go together as long as their is no distraction. There isn't really a distraction. So I was just sort of confused. I've learned here reasons are quite what they seemed to be at first. She isn't really distracted. I would go into more detail, but I think the rest of this just needs to be handles with someone I can talk to on a private level.

Edited by HolyPhoenix

[quote name='HolyPhoenix' date='13 February 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1266044309' post='2056376']
That was my thought. :P I feel it's important to get prayer both together and separate. When I decided to go to adoration with her, to ask her we have never been) at first she didn't say anything. But today she went crazy with a whole "We can never go to adoration together until at least engagement if not marriage. We'd have to ask a priest. And, the priests I have talked to think it is a good idea to go together as long as their is no distraction. There isn't really a distraction. So I was just sort of confused. I've learned here reasons are quite what they seemed to be at first. She isn't really distracted. I would go into more detail, but I think the rest of this just needs to be handles with someone I can talk to on a private level.
[/quote]
Yea, it does some like something on a personal level. Certainly on a moral and social level there's nothing objectionable about it.

Good luck working that out! :)