An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Said This?

vee

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='10 February 2010 - 10:36 AM' timestamp='1265812562' post='2054678']
This thread makes me happy -- I love all you Carmelites!

:grouphug:
[/quote]

Laughing you forgot your popcorn! If you think this is bad wait until you get a look inside the monastery!:P

love,

:grouphug: Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' date='09 February 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1265769862' post='2054486']
Laughing... so you are into polishing stones too?:P
[/quote]

Mother Angelica said something like if we arent a thorn in someone`s side we arent doing Christianity right. Im nowhere near her level of thorniness though but Im sure I irritate those around me whether or not I intend it. Sometimes I intend it lol :))

[quote name='nunsense' date='10 February 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1265780358' post='2054602']
Actually I think it was from his unpublished work, "We gotta get out of this place!"
[/quote]

:lol: Now Ive got a list of unpublished books by saints rattling around in my head.

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' date='10 February 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1265817008' post='2054717']
Laughing you forgot your popcorn! If you think this is bad wait until you get a look inside the monastery!:P

love,

:grouphug: Indwelling Trinity
[/quote]

Its probably the last place she wants to look being on Team Dominican and all. Oh heck a Carmelite monastery is the last place I want to see as well but Gods will and my will are not the same :sweat:

Edited by vee8

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='10 February 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1265848104' post='2054971']
Its probably the last place she wants to look being on Team Dominican and all. Oh heck a Carmelite monastery is the last place I want to see as well but Gods will and my will are not the same :sweat:
[/quote]

:lol:

To be honest, I am in [i]awe [/i]of any Carmelite vocation -- what a calling!!! :notworthy:

I must admit, the thought of being a Carmelite has passed my mind here and there, but I guess I should thank God for some kind of infused grace of knowing -- truly [i]knowing[/i] without a doubt -- that I am not called to be a Carmelite, especially not a contemplative Carmelite. :saint: At first, I was a little sad about that (particularly when considering all those amazing canonized Carmelite contemplatives, or after having read the works of St. Teresa, St. John of the Cross, and St. Therese!), but soon recovered since the Body of Christ has many parts and I will be happy to serve Him even as little eyelash. :sword: I remain in awe (and maybe even have a bit of holy envy) of those called to this sublime vocation -- powerhouses of prayer, penance, and sacrifice!

I thank God for all that are called to that vocation. Truly a blessing for the entire Church!!! :yahoo:

Oh, and I must not forget this time: :popcorn:

[sub]I've always heard contemplatives are the most entertaining people to be around. :hehehe:[/sub]

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='10 February 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1265852945' post='2054996']

To be honest, I am in [i]awe [/i]of any Carmelite vocation -- what a calling!!! :notworthy:

I must admit, the thought of being a Carmelite has passed my mind here and there, but I guess I should thank God for some kind of infused grace of knowing -- truly [i]knowing[/i] without a doubt -- that I am not called to be a Carmelite, especially not a contemplative Carmelite. :saint: At first, I was a little sad about that (particularly when considering all those amazing canonized Carmelite contemplatives, or after having read the works of St. Teresa, St. John of the Cross, and St. Therese!), but soon recovered since the Body of Christ has many parts and I will be happy to serve Him even as little eyelash. :sword: I remain in awe (and maybe even have a bit of holy envy) of those called to this sublime vocation -- powerhouses of prayer, penance, and sacrifice!

I thank God for all that are called to that vocation. Truly a blessing for the entire Church!!! :yahoo:

[sub]I've always heard contemplatives are the most entertaining people to be around. :hehehe:[/sub]
[/quote]

Laughing hard here... we put our sandals on the same way as anyone! But i beg you please do not call us powerhouses of prayer... i feel like the local electric company!

No one vocation is better than the other. I would make a terrible Dominican or benedictine etc... Carmel just happens to fit me. simple and no complications. Holiness is found in being in God's will wherever that may lead. Pedestals only lead to pride and eventual spiritual downfall!

Keeping my feet on the ground where they belong :plankton::grouphug:

Edited by Indwelling Trinity

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='10 February 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1265852945' post='2054996']

[/quote]

BTW.... I got an eyelash stuck in my right eye... Might that be you? I hate to be rude to visitors and friends! :P

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' date='11 February 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1265866017' post='2055139']
BTW.... I got an eyelash stuck in my right eye... Might that be you? I hate to be rude to visitors and friends! :P
[/quote]

:blush: It WAS!! :shock

[sub]How did you know...? :unsure:[/sub]

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='10 February 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1265852945' post='2054996']

I must admit, the thought of being a Carmelite has passed my mind here and there, but I guess I should thank God for some kind of infused grace of knowing -- truly [i]knowing[/i] without a doubt -- that I am not called to be a Carmelite, especially not a contemplative Carmelite. :saint:

[/quote]

I remember saying to God [i]anything[/i] but [i]them[/i], and if you think you`re calling me to [i]that[/i] you must have the wrong number! As if God ever gets the wrong number.<_<

[quote] At first, I was a little sad about that (particularly when considering all those amazing canonized Carmelite contemplatives, or after having read the works of St. Teresa, St. John of the Cross, and St. Therese!),[/quote]

Heh I tried using them as examples to God on why I could never do such a thing [size="1"]because they`re all nuts[/size] but that backfired as well.

[sub][/sub][quote][sub]I've always heard contemplatives are the most entertaining people to be around. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/hehehe.gif[/img][/sub][/quote]

Basically every time we meet my spiritual director will be going along all objectively etc then will ask if Ive ever met a Carmelite to which I always say no while thinking [size="1"][size="2"]nor do I want to lol[/size][/size]! He then goes on to say how happy, joyful, and magnificent the ones he has met are. Im sitting there thinking um you`re supposed to say they`re horrible mean and evil so I can rule them out not make them sound good!:weep: Im a bit slow sometimes but I think the fact that he says something like that every meeting might mean he`s trying to tell me something.:unsure:

I have a vow profession question after I came across [url="http://dominicansisterswanganui.blogspot.com/"]these[/url] Dominicans. They write [quote]As is customary in the Dominican ceremony, the new novices are offereda choice to be crowned either by a crown of roses or a crown of thorns.In imitation of their Crucified Beloved, and also of their DominicanPatroness, St. Catherine - the three novices each chose and were giventhe crown of thorns, as the choir chanted the Jesu corona virginum...

"Receive dear sister the crown of thorns in memory of the crown of OurLord, and through this know that it is not fitting that those membersbe delicate, who are under the thorn crowned head, which is Christ, andif you wear the crown of thorns of tribulation in this life you will berewarded by your Spouse with a crown of glory for evermore in the lifeto come."

[/quote]

So beautiful but why then do the Carmelites crown with flowers?

Each order has their own nuances and rubrics. I can't even begin to guess why the Dominicans crown thorns vs. flowers... I would imagine the crown of flowers (for the Carmelites) is a symbol of the crown of thorns.

That Dominican community looks so peaceful set there in NZ. Too bad they're not in communion with Rome.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='11 February 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1265938277' post='2055571']
I have a vow profession question after I came across [url="http://dominicansisterswanganui.blogspot.com/"]these[/url] Dominicans. They write

So beautiful but why then do the Carmelites crown with flowers?
[/quote]

They can have THORNS??? :woot: That's AWESOME!

So... is this common for ALL Dominican communities? I always thought this tradition was limited to the Franciscans.

The [url="http://marymediatrix.com"]Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate[/url] receive a white crown of flowers (I think roses?) for their investiture, then for the their First Vows they receive a crown of red and white flowers (or roses? -- like St. Maximilian's crowns). Hmm.. or it could be the other way around, but I think that's right... :scratchhead: ... :idontknow: Anyhoo -- for their Final Profession they receive a crown of thorns. Ah... the beauty.

I'd totally want the crown of thorns ANY day. :cupidhit:

I remember when I went to the visit the CFRs a few years ago, they had crown of thorns sitting out on one of their tables... I was so tempted to pick it up and try it on when no one was around... it was really nice and pointy. (Sharper than I expected at least. :lol: )

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' date='10 February 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1265853756' post='2055010']
Laughing hard here... we put our sandals on the same way as anyone! But i beg you please do not call us powerhouses of prayer... i feel like the local electric company!

No one vocation is better than the other. I would make a terrible Dominican or benedictine etc... Carmel just happens to fit me. simple and no complications. Holiness is found in being in God's will wherever that may lead. Pedestals only lead to pride and eventual spiritual downfall!

Keeping my feet on the ground where they belong :plankton::grouphug:
[/quote]

:lol: Dearest Sister, I promise not to call you (or any others) a "powerhouse of prayer" any more -- however, once I get to heaven (God willing) and see you all there, all radiant from your contemplative lives on earth, I might not be able to keep that promise. ;) Especially when I'll be searching for some sunglasses. :cool: Tee hee. :D

:idea: <-- that little flickering light bulb could be me one day. :hehe:

:saint: :blowkiss: