An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help!

SstrAli

Okay dear phatmass phamily,

I need your help! What do I say (or what has been your response) when people ask why am I wearing a chapel veil?

Thanks for your help!

Allie

DiscerningSoul

You can tell them you are honoring our Lord and Lady and following the Bible.

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=81087&st=0
I posted alot of things in that thread, there are some great links too.

Edited by DiscerningSoul

I just say that personally, I feel that God wants me to take to heart the exhortation in scripture for a woman to cover her head in church... and sometimes I will also mention that in ancient times, a woman's hair was considered her glory, so to veil her hair is a testimony that she wants God to be glorified...

One could also point out that in scripture, that which is sacred and set apart for God is always veiled... like the tabernacle, the holy of holies... and that because femininity is particularly sacred because it is mysterious, in the way that a woman's body particularly participates in bearing life, uniquely sharing in God's creativity, it is proper for a woman to be veiled as a reminder of her being set apart for God, particularly in her time at prayer.

JMJT

Well said ^ :)

I usually say (depending on the person), it's my way of respecting Our Lord in modesty and it helps me focus on prayer during the Holy Mass.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='CatherineM' date='27 January 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1264646543' post='2046160']
How about, "I guess I'm just kind of old school."
[/quote]

That was my first thought as well, "I'm just kickin' it old school, ya know?" Then I'd give a big smile. Like this: :)) or :D

I also really like zunshynn's answer. :yes: *takes notes*

brightsadness

[quote name='SstrAli' date='27 January 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1264638462' post='2046104']
Okay dear phatmass phamily,

I need your help! What do I say (or what has been your response) when people ask why am I wearing a chapel veil?

Thanks for your help!

Allie
[/quote]

It is my way of showing revernce for God and modesty before Him.

[quote name='CatherineM' date='27 January 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1264646543' post='2046160']
[/quote]

I like this one haha :)

[quote name='CatherineM' date='27 January 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1264646543' post='2046160']
[/quote]

Agreeable

[quote name='CatherineM' date='27 January 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1264657123' post='2046254']
You could tell them that your head gets cold.
[/quote]

Good! I might say that myself.

You could also say that you are trying to get back to the old Mass back (which it is).

Edited by elizabeth09

[quote name='elizabeth09' date='29 January 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1264805013' post='2047478']
Agreeable

Good! I might say that myself.

You could also say that you are trying to get back to the old Mass back (which it is).
[/quote]

I like that one. . . very true!