An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cbs Under Pressure From The Pro-Aborts

Happy_Catholic

The monetary cost of a Superbowl commercial for soda/cola,for example is superficial compared to the sales generated by the airing of said.

Likewise if this super-advertising convinces just [u]one[/u] mother to reconsider the termination of her non-viable tissue mass affliction, then the super-monetary advertising cost is justifiable, as is or was the soda/cola ad

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Veridicus' date='28 January 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1264726814' post='2046792']
I wish it were that simple. In some cases these corporations have even sacrificed money in order not to undermine their progressive liberal agenda makers.
[/quote]

Maybe, but I still wouldn't necessarily go that far either.

[quote name='Veridicus' date='28 January 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1264725052' post='2046759']
That would be like replacing the Prince of Wales with a robot.
[/quote]
The Prince of Wales [i]is [/i]a robot.

[quote name='Winchester' date='29 January 2010 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1264777088' post='2047235']
The Prince of Wales [i]is [/i]a robot.
[/quote]
so is Tim Tebow

CBS has come under fire in recent weeks from nasty little heartless evil hate groups for allowing a conservative Christian group to air an anti-abortion ad

NBC eventually sold out all the spots for a record $206 million.

Not everything has been smooth for CBS. U.S. women's groups urged the network not to air an ad by Focus on the Family,claiming it has a strident anti-abortion rights message. CBS has approved the ad.

cmotherofpirl

THe New York Times and the Washington Post have both come out against the pro-death NOW types and support the rights of free speech.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='01 February 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1265070062' post='2049246']
THe New York Times and the Washington Post have both come out against the pro-death NOW types and support the rights of free speech.
[/quote]

Thats amazing for a liberal rag like that.

Tim Tebow must be a robot, at least he plays the game like he has bionic abilities.

ed

Well interesting enough, I heard on a radio talk show, that CBS is now considering whether or not to
run an ad by an on-line gay dating service company. I believe the site is, Crunch.com.

If CBS does chose to run the ad, will pro-life people protest against it?

You see the can of worms being opened here?

Jim

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='02 February 2010 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1265125697' post='2049697']
Well interesting enough, I heard on a radio talk show, that CBS is now considering whether or not to
run an ad by an on-line gay dating service company. I believe the site is, Crunch.com.

Jim
[/quote]
Didn't they reject that ad last week?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='02 February 2010 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1265125697' post='2049697']

Jim
[/quote]
It was rejected becuase it portrays two men making out, hardly an appropriate topic for Superbowl Sunday [ or any other day of the week]. The other ad doesn't say a word about abortion, it talks about family and choice and love. People who protest this "choice" are just showing their true colors, they could care less about choice, they are prodeath all the way.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='02 February 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1265129096' post='2049718']
Didn't they reject that ad last week?
[/quote]

I only heard they were still considering it, which probably means,
consulting with lawyers on what would happen if they refuse to
air it.

Jim

Edited by JimR-OCDS

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='02 February 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1265132858' post='2049756']
It was rejected becuase it portrays two men making out, hardly an appropriate topic for Superbowl Sunday [ or any other day of the week]. The other ad doesn't say a word about abortion, it talks about family and choice and love. People who protest this "choice" are just showing their true colors, they could care less about choice, they are prodeath all the way.
[/quote]

Good.

Jim

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='02 February 2010 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1265125697' post='2049697']

Jim
[/quote]
I get your point, but I think perhaps the real issue is what it says about us as a society when an ad urging mothers to let their babies live is deemed by many unacceptably "controversial," while an ad promoting a website for sodomitic hook-ups is even considered for running during a "mainstream" event with many families watching.

Oh well, I guess that's just "spiritual evolution."