An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cbs Under Pressure From The Pro-Aborts

Happy_Catholic

Happy_Catholic

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about football or the superbowl or anything along those lines. What I do understand is a few pro-abortion groups are getting their panties in a bunch over a pro-life ad that's set to screen.

http://www.lifenews.com/nat5926.html

It really just goes to show that the pro-abortion movement is about silencing the opposition. I mean, nothing's stopping them from making their own baby killing ad.

They support the freedom to kill another human being, but it looks like freedom of speech and expression are just too much.

[quote name='Happy_Catholic' date='26 January 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1264535837' post='2045109']
I'm not going to pretend I know anything about football or the superbowl or anything along those lines. What I do understand is a few pro-abortion groups are getting their panties in a bunch over a pro-life ad that's set to screen.

http://www.lifenews.com/nat5926.html

It really just goes to show that the pro-abortion movement is about silencing the opposition. I mean, nothing's stopping them from making their own baby killing ad.

They support the freedom to kill another human being, but it looks like freedom of speech and expression are just too much.
[/quote]

its because they realize how wrong they are. they know if they put an ad on tv for abortions, people would realize how evil it is. they know they are wrong, so they want to disrupt the message of the good.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='havok579257' date='26 January 2010 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1264541563' post='2045160']
its because they realize how wrong they are. they know if they put an ad on tv for abortions, people would realize how evil it is. they know they are wrong, so they want to disrupt the message of the good.
[/quote]
This is exactly correct. One of my students let me borrow a little plastic model of a baby at 12 weeks fetal development. Looks very similar to a fully grown baby at birth, plus the full umbilical cord.

Not surprisingly, the women in the class who favored abortion kept telling me how disgusting it was and how gross it was for me to have such a thing in my classroom. They couldn't stop making comments about how disturbing they thought it was. It was very telling for me.

Those who are in favor of abortion, especially those adamantly in favor of it, typically describe perfectly natural and beautiful images of babies (born or pre-born) as disgusting, sick, gross, ugly, etc. They also will tell you how much they can't stand kids, how big a responsibility kids are, how much kids will ruin your lives, etc. I'm convinced that they hold these views because they are trying to justify their opinions regarding abortion. If a fetus is a baby and a human person, then they are the ugly, disgusting ones, but if the babies are the disgusting ones that ruin lives, then abortion is somehow magically okay.

People living in sin often hate people living in grace. It's a similar concept. It's a guilt thing.

Happy_Catholic

[quote name='Raphael' date='26 January 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1264542028' post='2045165']
This is exactly correct. One of my students let me borrow a little plastic model of a baby at 12 weeks fetal development. Looks very similar to a fully grown baby at birth, plus the full umbilical cord.

[/quote]

I have a little ten week model I attached to my keyring. It has started many an interesting conversation!

CBS is reportedly selling Super Bowl ads for around $2.5million to $2.8 million. the anti-life people are trying to force CBS to drop the ad because it's controversial?

if this ad really is controversial, What's next? banning ads promoting eating fruits and vegetables?

[quote name='apparently' date='27 January 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1264641679' post='2046130']
CBS is reportedly selling Super Bowl ads for around $2.5million to $2.8 million.
[/quote]

If the ad stops just one woman from aborting her baby, it will have been worth it.

They use to stay away from showing political ads during the Super Bowl.

However, the economy being such, CBS couldn't get enough ads to fill
all the time slots, so they let this ad through.

I understand its going to cost $1 million for 30 seconds.

Jim

[quote name='apparently' date='27 January 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1264641679' post='2046130']
if this ad really is controversial, What's next? banning ads promoting eating fruits and vegetables?
[/quote]

As a carnivore who supplements his diet of pure meat with vitamin pills, I find these fruit and vegetable adds quite disgusting and culturally ignorant. :rolleyes:

Edited by Veridicus

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Happy_Catholic' date='26 January 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1264535837' post='2045109']
...It really just goes to show that the pro-abortion movement is about silencing the opposition. I mean, nothing's stopping them from making their own baby killing ad.

[/quote]

I've seen a Planned Parenthood promo and it explicitly shows itself as a hypocritical group in terms of freedom of speech, debate, etc.

[quote name='Happy_Catholic' date='26 January 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1264544100' post='2045192']
I have a little ten week model I attached to my keyring. It has started many an interesting conversation!
[/quote]
I bet it has!

HisChildForever

Pro-abortion advocates are "allowed" to get offended when someone from the "other side" speaks up, but Heaven forbid Pro-Life advocates get upset at the abortion movement. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Veridicus' date='28 January 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1264712744' post='2046625']
As a carnivore who supplements his diet of pure meat with vitamin pills, I find these fruit and vegetable adds quite disgusting and culturally ignorant. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

on that note, do you support "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals" (PETA) in there quest to replace Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog with a robot?

[quote name='apparently' date='28 January 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1264715058' post='2046660']
on that note, do you support "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals" (PETA) in there quest to replace Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog with a robot?
[/quote]

PETA's statement is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. This groundhog is likely the most luxuriously living groundhog on the planet. He probably has acres of dirt and grubs to eat. Probably bring in female groundhog companions. And once a year everyone stops what they're doing to pay heed to him as the prognosticator of prognosticators. All the celery a hog could want.

That would be like replacing the Prince of Wales with a robot.

Edited by Veridicus

ThePenciledOne

Hey it doesn't really matter, if the pro lifers have the cash then the ad won't drop.

In the end all the corporations want is money.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='28 January 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1264725546' post='2046770']
In the end all the corporations want is money.
[/quote]

I wish it were that simple. In some cases these corporations have even sacrificed money in order not to undermine their progressive liberal agenda makers.