An Old School Catholic Message Board

Unborn Baby Not A Person?

tinytherese

Winnie I think you are right. He is more interesting in critiquing our position rather than offering and defending any argument of his own. Fulton Sheen was right, "The hardest thing to find in the world these days is an argument. There is prejudice in abundance and sentiment too..."

[quote name='Veridicus' date='26 January 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1264530683' post='2045007']
Winnie I think you are right. He is more interesting in critiquing our position rather than offering and defending any argument of his own. Fulton Sheen was right, "The hardest thing to find in the world these days is an argument. There is prejudice in abundance and sentiment too..."
[/quote]
Now let's go get drunk!

[quote name='tinytherese' date='22 January 2010 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1264142034' post='2042129']
[size="2"]Unborn Baby Not A Person?[/size] This seems to be a popular argument among pro-choicers. :mellow:
[/quote]

How would I reply?

I'd retrieve an egg from the nest of an endangered Ivory-billed woodpecker. I would then place it on the ground, and say "Because it's not really an Ivory-billed woodpecker, nobody would mind if I crushed it." I would then lift up my boot to stomp on it, and say, "Right?"

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='26 January 2010 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1264555290' post='2045333']
How would I reply?

I'd retrieve an egg from the nest of an endangered Ivory-billed woodpecker. I would then place it on the ground, and say "Because it's not really an Ivory-billed woodpecker, nobody would mind if I crushed it." I would then lift up my boot to stomp on it, and say, "Right?"

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

I heard somewhere that there are fines for the destruction of endangered Bald Eagle eggs. Not sure if its true tho.

[quote name='Veridicus' date='26 January 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1264555454' post='2045337']
I heard somewhere that there are fines for the destruction of endangered Bald Eagle eggs. Not sure if its true tho.
[/quote]

Up to $250,000 and two years in prison.

~Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='26 January 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1264555764' post='2045340']

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

You mean even small Bald Eagle eggs whose embryonic "tissue mass's" neural tubes haven't sealed anteriorly and posteriorly?!?!?!??!?!?! They aren't even chordates yet and we're charging for the murder of an Eagle....WHAAAAAAA? :sadder:

Edited by Veridicus

[quote name='Veridicus' date='26 January 2010 - 08:33 PM' timestamp='1264556003' post='2045343']
You mean even small Bald Eagle eggs whose embryonic "tissue mass's" neural tubes haven't sealed anteriorly and posteriorly?!?!?!??!?!?! They aren't even chordates yet and we're charging for the murder of an Eagle....WHAAAAAAA? :sadder:
[/quote]

The statute is just, because if you don't like it, there's a process for changing it. Or so I'm told.

~Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='26 January 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1264556126' post='2045345']
The statute is just, because if you don't like it, there's a process for changing it. Or so I'm told.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

So draft an amendment supported by 2/3 of the states and then get 3/4 of the states to agree to it and bypass the Congress in DC altogether? :smokey:

Edited by Veridicus

[quote name='Veridicus' date='26 January 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1264556504' post='2045347']
So draft an amendment supported by 2/3 of the states and then get 3/4 of the states to agree to it and bypass the Congress in DC altogether? :smokey:
[/quote]

State nullification or a constitutional amendment are two of the only ways to do it through "the system." Alternately, people could suddenly start paying attention to the already-extant Amendments IX and X.

You could also have an annual march in D.C. and blow shofar kazoos until the blackrobes and politicians take you seriously. It may take a few decades.

I choose plan X: Ignore irrational and immoral statutes and encourage others to do the same. Part B of plan X is to spread the Gospel of Life to each individual, so that the only law needed to prevent people from committing abortions is the law already written in mens' hearts.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

Hmm. A bird is given more worth than a human life :ohno:
Let's not forget this hypothetical ...
A pregnant woman is on her way to have her baby aborted. Currently,this would be legally acceptable but if she was murdered on the way in,it would be considered a double homicide. Ugh

[quote name='muzikal4life' date='26 January 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1264557092' post='2045355']
Hmm. A bird is given more worth than a human life :ohno:
Let's not forget this hypothetical ...
A pregnant woman is on her way to have her baby aborted. Currently,this would be legally acceptable but if she was murdered on the way in,it would be considered a double homicide. Ugh
[/quote]

It is a sad thing that our legal system is in many cases a collection of temporal sentiments bereft of a uniting moral principle.

Happy_Catholic

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='26 January 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1264555764' post='2045340']

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

There's a native snail in my country. If you squish it its a $300,000 fine and up to ten years in prison.

For a SNAIL!

[quote name='Happy_Catholic' date='26 January 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1264562089' post='2045499']
There's a native snail in my country. If you squish it its a $300,000 fine and up to ten years in prison.

For a SNAIL!
[/quote]

I'm glad your country protects the most vulnerable among you.

~Sternhauser

Happy_Catholic

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='26 January 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1264562180' post='2045502']
I'm glad your country protects the most vulnerable among you.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]

Animals yes, though lately there's been some awful animal abuse cases.

As for humans... well... our law's protection doesn't start till you're out of the womb, and even then its pretty dodgey, given some of the cases there's been in previous years where people have literally gotten away with [born] baby murder. -_-

But yeah, snails.