An Old School Catholic Message Board

Now Where Do I Go?

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul

It was never easy coming home from any of my try's at the convents.
I thought I had lost my calling only to find out I never lost it!
Now I keep asking my Lord "Where?"
Just the other day my mother surprised me by saying "You would make such a good Nun!"
My mother has mostly wished me to stay home with her, but always let me try.
I am ready to fight my fears and remove the yellow stripe from my back, pull up my cross and follow Jesus.

Jessica
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:bigclap: :bigclap:
:bigpray: :bigpray: :bigpray:

AccountDeleted

Pray to St Rita - she had a lot of problems before she was able to finally enter the convent and she is good for impossible situations. I am in the same place as you -- wanting so much to be a nun but so fearful now and wondering if it is even what God wants, or just my own self-will. It isn't easy recovering from unsuccesful attempts, but God must be pleased that we love Him so much that we keep trying. The only thing that keeps me sane is prayer, and prayer and then some more prayer, daily Mass, praying the Office and Rosary, and then, oh yeah, prayer. My prayers are with you in your discernment :pray:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' date='18 January 2010 - 10:56 AM' timestamp='1263772592' post='2039339']
Where? The Carmelites :cool:
[/quote]

I saw your post before you edited it :) - it came via email!

But I won't push the Carmelites this time - when one has had a few missteps, then a lot of sensitivity is needed to work things out and to hear God's little whispers. I can't imagine being anything but a Carmelite, but I am still listening to hear if God wants something different for me, and that might be what DiscerningSoul is trying to do too.

DiscerningSoul

I have a feeling of where he may want me, this 'square peg' is ready for the carpenter to do his handy work to make the fit.

[quote name='nunsense' date='17 January 2010 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1263775948' post='2039379']
I saw your post before you edited it :) - it came via email!

But I won't push the Carmelites this time - when one has had a few missteps, then a lot of sensitivity is needed to work things out and to hear God's little whispers. I can't imagine being anything but a Carmelite, but I am still listening to hear if God wants something different for me, and that might be what DiscerningSoul is trying to do too.
[/quote]

lol :saint:

Prayers for you discerning soul, and all on VS, that you may know God`s will and even if you`re afraid you still do it. For me the Carmelites were the order that scared me the most and the last one I ever wanted to consider.

brightsadness

Praying for you. Do you have a Spiritual Director? I was very lost in the confusion of the discernment process without one.

Pray to St. Rita, agree. Also, pray to God for you mom, because she might of wanted to be a sister/nun when she was yough and then been push out of the idea because of her parents though that she should get merried vs. becoming a sister/nun.

DiscerningSoul

"A virgin vowed to Christ will not be overcome by fear or seduced by flattery."

A part of the Divine office for today.
Its neat to see God working in my life.
Please my dear Lord strip me of this yellow line of fear that keeps me from you.

Discerning Soul,

I have lost track over time who people are on the forum, as I myself, have been away for awhile. Had you at one time entered the Lockport Dominicans?

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='17 January 2010 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1263769830' post='2039319']
It was never easy coming home from any of my try's at the convents.
I thought I had lost my calling only to find out I never lost it!
Now I keep asking my Lord "Where?"
Just the other day my mother surprised me by saying "You would make such a good Nun!"
My mother has mostly wished me to stay home with her, but always let me try.
I am ready to fight my fears and remove the yellow stripe from my back, pull up my cross and follow Jesus.

Jessica
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:bigclap: :bigclap:
:bigpray: :bigpray: :bigpray:
[/quote]

Dear Jessica:

I am holding you and your vocation gently in prayer. Coraggio and wait on His time. I too know the pain but it does not last forever.

Tenderly

Indwelling Trinity:turban:

DiscerningSoul

I am putting my full attention to my discernment, something I think in the past I have been lack luster about.

I will be writing today, so please pray for a favorable reply.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='25 January 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1264442554' post='2044240']
I am putting my full attention to my discernment, something I think in the past I have been lack luster about.

I will be writing today, so please pray for a favorable reply.
[/quote]

Praying for you, DiscerningSoul!

:pray:

DiscerningSoul

My letter went out today, :bigpray: for a positive reply.
As a nun they live lives behind closed doors, and as such other then my own feelings and status I am not posting the community.
So please send some :bigpray: :bigpray: :bigpray: this way.

Thank you, :saint: