An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christian Witchcraft?

Happy_Catholic

AccountDeleted

Not everyone who claims to be a witch is evil, even if the actual practice itself is. This is because most people who get involved with it these days don't actually practice the real and original version of witchcraft, but a stylized, homogenized and synthesized version that comes from today's media through such TV shows as 'Charmed' and 'Bewitched' and many other movies and TV shows and books. I know that my own daughter was in love with the Charmed witches when that show was on TV, and yet she was attending a Catholic school at the time. The fantasy picture painted in that show was that the witches were the good guys and the demons were the bad guys, and the witches saved 'innocents' from evil. The witches were never allowed to use their 'powers' (or spells) for evil or for personal gain, so of course, they were appealing and romantic, just as Harry Potter is to this generation.

We have to hate the evil but not the person who doesn't understand what they are doing. This person who claim to be a Christian witch, can be saved by Jesus, but not if we drive her away with our hostility (which comes from fear). Even Jesus said about those who were casting out demons in His name; if they weren't against Him, they were for Him. What strikes me about Christian witches is that they need a little help to come closer to Jesus and farther away from the witchcraft.... but for that to happen, we need to be more helpful in what we post. I have seen phatmassers debate Muslims and Protestants better than we have done with this witch who claims to be a Christian. Where are all our apologists here?? A little more loving and a little less condemning, and maybe this witch will want to come home? Just a thought. Jesus loves her, and she isn't totally closed to Him either, good beginning.

By the way, this is a personal issue for me, because one of my foster daughters, who lived with me for two years, is now a professional fortune teller, and this distresses me a lot but I won't win her for Jesus if I push her away. Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Edited by nunsense

Here's the deal: Marie and all the other newagers [i]don't[/i] practice witchcraft. They practice [i]pretend[/i]. It's not some ancient religion, it's just an amalgam of what some doofus decided was an "olde waye" (they love adding in letters and misspelling things, then pretending it's Old English).

So this performance masquerading as a religion doesn't inspire any anger in me. Frustration and contempt, yes. But all the little peace and love and that talk is garbage. Push them a little and you'll find their tolerance highly limited, so ghandi quotes and all that are meaningless.

And as for people being offended by Monty Python clips: tough. Get over it. There are children somewhere getting their limbs hacked off with machetes who would love the luxury of being offended by the Pythons. If you're a real witch, ride over here on a broom or in a mortar and pestle and lay some smack down on me. Hell, you're a psychic, you should be able to figure out who I am and that I'm typing this from my toilet.

Of course, google would probably work, too.

A couple (laughably misinterpreted) Bible passages, followed by a spiel on how we can't believe what the Bible says (to discredit the rest of it), and a lot of long-winded cliched liberal pc drivel. . .

Modern "witchcraft"'s practical agenda seems to be a mix of feminism/lesbianism, abortion "rights," and some radical environmentalism. It's basically the Democratic Party Platform wrapped in a bunch of "Magyckal" mumbo-jumbo stolen from b-grade fantasy movies.

[quote name='Winchester' date='17 March 2010 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1268830676' post='2074522']
Here's the deal: Marie and all the other newagers [i]don't[/i] practice witchcraft. They practice [i]pretend[/i]. It's not some ancient religion, it's just an amalgam of what some doofus decided was an "olde waye" (they love adding in letters and misspelling things, then pretending it's Old English).

So this performance masquerading as a religion doesn't inspire any anger in me. Frustration and contempt, yes. But all the little peace and love and that talk is garbage. Push them a little and you'll find their tolerance highly limited, so [u]ghandi[/u] quotes and all that are meaningless.

And as for people being offended by Monty Python clips: tough. Get over it. There are children somewhere getting their limbs hacked off with machetes who would love the luxury of being offended by the Pythons. If you're a real witch, ride over here on a broom or in a mortar and pestle and lay some smack down on me. Hell, you're a psychic, you should be able to figure out who I am and that I'm typing this from my toilet.

[/quote]

As I pointed out in another thread, it's [i]Gandhi[/i]. Carry on. Don't forget to flush... lol.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Seven77' date='17 March 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1268851613' post='2074694']
As I pointed out in another thread, it's [i]Gandhi[/i]. Carry on. Don't forget to flush... lol.
[/quote]
[size="3"]गाँधी[/size] :annoyed:

Thy Geekdom Come

Conversation I once witnessed:

Forum Member #1: "I'm a Catholic Wiccan."

Forum Member #2: "That's not possible."

Forum Member #1: "Yes it is. When we're running the country, you'll be sorry!"

Forum Member #2: "Fortunately, 16-year-old girls can't vote."

[quote name='Seven77' date='17 March 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1268851613' post='2074694']
[/quote]
It's whatever I say it is, him being my enemy.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='17 March 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1268852097' post='2074701']
[size="3"]गाँधी[/size] :annoyed:
[/quote]

[b]गाँधी[/b]
that's what i said...

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Seven77' date='17 March 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1268857235' post='2074783']
[b]गाँधी[/b]
that's what i said...
[/quote]
oh, haz cheezbergur u can. :yoda:

p.s. I wish there was a yoda smiley. :woot:

[quote name='Winchester' date='17 March 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1268854778' post='2074747']
It's whatever I say it is, him being my enemy.
[/quote]

That's your opinion.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='17 March 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1268857590' post='2074789']
oh, haz cheezbergur u can. :yoda:

p.s. I wish there was a yoda smiley. :woot:
[/quote]

<(-.-)>

that how is?

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Seven77' date='17 March 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1268858052' post='2074792']
<(-.-)>

that how is?
[/quote]
:lol: +1

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Winchester' date='17 March 2010 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1268830676' post='2074522']

So this performance masquerading as a religion doesn't inspire any anger in me. Frustration and contempt, yes. But all the little peace and love and that talk is garbage. Push them a little and you'll find their tolerance highly limited, so ghandi quotes and all that are meaningless.

[/quote]
+1.

[quote name='Seven77' date='17 March 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1268858052' post='2074792']
<(-.-)>

that how is?
[/quote]

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='17 March 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1268860462' post='2074804']
:lol: +1
[/quote]
Epic.

Happy_Catholic

[quote name='Winchester' date='15 March 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1268703594' post='2073763']
Those people are idiots.
[/quote]

Absolutely. Though, I'm more inclined to pity them then question their intellect.

I've seen first hand the damage witchcraft can do. It destorys lives and souls and real Christians don't do it, ever.