An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Praises Man Who Says God Is Homophobic

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='12 January 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1263326692' post='2035531']
This guy in the article doesn't have much of a vocabulary, eh?

"Sinful, homophobic, bigot, sinful bigot sinful, forgiveness pain sinful, bigot homophobic sinful, blah blah blah blah sinful homophobic bigot.
[/quote]

He's a liberal. He probably learned whole language.

It's funny that this goofball denies the existence of God, but not of sin. Whatever he's smoking, he can feel free to mail me some.

Happy_Catholic

Wow. That guys got some bowling balls on him, telling God what to do and how to act and to "repent".

I hope I'm no where near that judgement.

[quote name='Hilde' date='12 January 2010 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1263327298' post='2035539']
Homophobic. I don't really like that word. It's used too much and looses it's power.
[/quote]
It's also an inaccurate word, coined by homosexuals in order to label their opposition. The "phobia" part means "fear" and it's based on the assumption that we hate what we fear. While it may be true that we can hate what we fear (snakes), we can also fear things we don't hate (final exams in our favorite classes), and we can hate things we don't fear (homosexuality). There ought to be - there probably is - a Greek word part that means "hate" or "dislike" or "disapprove" that could be joined to "homo-" to coin a word that more accurately reflects the the majority opinion toward homosexuality.

And by the way, if a person does indeed fear homosexuals, it might be the result of some pretty fear-inducing encounters with them.

[quote name='Happy_Catholic' date='12 January 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1263354553' post='2035804']
Wow. That guys got some bowling balls on him...[/quote]

Which is probably why he's so popular in the gay community. [Did I really just say that?]

Does anyone else find it odd that Komeny can actually believe that 4000 years of human history, in almost every culture on earth, is wrong on this issue, and that only we here in the US have figured out the real truth in the last several decades?

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Luigi' date='13 January 2010 - 04:03 PM' timestamp='1263359005' post='2035864']
Does anyone else find it odd that Komeny can actually believe that 4000 years of human history, in almost every culture on earth, is wrong on this issue, and that only we here in the US have figured out the real truth in the last several decades?
[/quote]

Look, little Komeny is the only one marching in step!

Happy_Catholic

[quote name='Luigi' date='13 January 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1263359005' post='2035864']
[/quote]

Not to mention evolution.

Seriously, if homosexuality was natural, then Adam and Steve could have kids without borrowing the ovum/uterus of another woman for a few months, or pulling an Angelena.