An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bra Colors As Facebook Statuses For Breast Cancer Awareness

Tony

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='08 January 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1263005111' post='2032852']
nooooope....

actually, I don't understand this whole "awareness" thing? Aware of what? that breast cancer exist? who doesn't know that?
[/quote]

my thoughts exactly.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='08 January 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1263009822' post='2033000']
I think when we (as a society) asked a certain presidential candidate whether he was wearing boxers or briefs-- AND HE ANSWERED-- we lost any shred of decency we had left.
[/quote]

agreed.

[quote name='nunsense' date='08 January 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1263010785' post='2033018']
Well, to me it is a little like when I am asked for my birthdate to sign up for something - I always make one up. I am not giving out my real birthdate to anyone (one reason is identity theft), and I am not posting my real underclothes color either, so I just said white. And the reason I bothered to post a color at all, is because the woman who sent me the invite to do this has been deeply affected by breat cancer in her family, and she asked her friends to do this to show support. I did it more to please her than anything else.

As for guys getting all excited at knowing someone's bra color (and lots of them might be made up ones like mine anyway) -- well, really, a little maturity wouldn't go astray here. There are a lot of things in life that can be viewed through carnal eyes, but a little will power over thoughts is possible too. I am not saying whether this is a smart thing to raise breast cancer awareness, but it has gotten people talking about - so I guess it worked in some way!
[/quote]

While maturity goes a long way, it also helps if we are modest. Guys are just wired differently.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='09 January 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1263015702' post='2033069']
And it is people like you that put so much stock in such things and miss the big picture.
[/quote]

Nope I catch the big picture and I care enough about explaining it to use proper language. I think if I want to get my point across to someone, I want to make sure they understand what I'm saying. As opposed to you that puts the onus on the person reading. "They'll just have to figure it out"

(I would have stuck with "English is my second language")

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='hot stuff' date='09 January 2010 - 01:44 AM' timestamp='1263015860' post='2033071']
Nope I catch the big picture and I care enough about explaining it to use proper language. I think if I want to get my point across to someone, I want to make sure they understand what I'm saying. As opposed to you that puts the onus on the person reading. "They'll just have to figure it out"

(I would have stuck with "English is my second language")
[/quote]

Ok, that is fine. But correcting another isn't exactly a choice thing to do. I do apologize since I am allowing my emotions to get the better of me, but it has not been the best of days.

As far as to your second statement, please keep that sort of thing to yourself, I am not a kid to be 'talked down too'. I think I have had enough of that by now.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='09 January 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1263016171' post='2033074']
Ok, that is fine. But correcting another isn't exactly a choice thing to do. I do apologize since I am allowing my emotions to get the better of me, but it has not been the best of days.

As far as to your second statement, please keep that sort of thing to yourself, I am not a kid to be 'talked down too'. I think I have had enough of that by now.
[/quote]

Look all I did was correct a couple of words that are generally misspelled and often misused. I didn't get snarky. I didn't give attitude. I wasn't trying to embarrass you. I simply pointed it out and left it at that. Language is the most powerful tool one can have (and have control over) in their arsenal.

When you started pulling attitude, then fine, I can play all day.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='09 January 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1263016171' post='2033074']As far as to your second statement, please keep that sort of thing to yourself, I am not a kid to be 'talked down too'.
[/quote]
Talked down to.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

:mellow:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='hot stuff' date='08 January 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1263014614' post='2033049']
prescribe

per se
[/quote]
[u]Sub[/u]scribe. :mellow:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='09 January 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1263016648' post='2033080']
[u]Sub[/u]scribe. :mellow:
[/quote]

Stop messing up my hair!!!!!

*runs away*

I think that instead of this random "what might be the color of your bra unless you just like posting random things" this one is more of an issue. i just got it from a friend.

[quote]The color thing got the boys so riled up, we thought we'd try this again... This will get them thinking. Let's see how dirty their minds are. Ok, so this is the game - It's about how you have your hair styled.
If its up, write ON TOP
If its down and at either side of the face, write SIDE BY SIDE
If it's long & straight, write GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT
If its just a complete mess, write EVERYWHERE N MESSY
You get the picture!... [/quote]

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='hot stuff' date='08 January 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1263016742' post='2033083']
Stop messing up my hair!!!!!

*runs away*
[/quote]
No comment. ^_^

[quote name='Christie_M' date='09 January 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1263016863' post='2033087']
I think that instead of this random "what might be the color of your bra unless you just like posting random things" this one is more of an issue. i just got it from a friend.
[/quote]

gross!!!!

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Moosey' date='09 January 2010 - 04:02 AM' timestamp='1263009732' post='2032997']
I don't like people making me feel like some sort of trollop who doesn't respect herself. I thought it was harmless and I didn't think the guys would care to look it up. I only posted it because it was vague and I didn't say "HEY EVERYONE! MY BRA COLOR IS BLACK!"

I do like L_D's status a lot though.

Okay I'm done :mellow:
[/quote]
I do know what you mean, though I also think it wasn't a good idea, even though I did do this as well (and have since deleted it). Had I been thinking (note to self: don't update status when tired), I wouldn't have done it, because, even though I wasn't saying "my bra colour is x", it still wasn't a modest thing to post. I personally feel rather ashamed/embarrassed by it now and am glad one of my friends called me out. I've since changed the status to what L_D and Adam have, which is much more my style anyway as a lactivist. ;)

[quote name='nunsense' date='08 January 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1263010785' post='2033018']
As for guys getting all excited at knowing someone's bra color (and lots of them might be made up ones like mine anyway) -- well, really, a little maturity wouldn't go astray here.
[/quote]

[quote]Romans 14:13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.[/quote]

[quote]Ephesians 5:3 "But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people."[/quote]

just saying, if knowing the colour of someones bra is an occasion of sin for you, maybe you should be living in a hut on a remote beach. otherwise you are gonna have some serious problems.