An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bra Colors As Facebook Statuses For Breast Cancer Awareness

Tony

I am sure some of you have noticed this in the past couple days but a lot of female are posting one word statuses on their facebook walls , that word being the color of their undergarments, and just about everyone knows the meaning behind it by now, even though it started out as a secret.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for breast cancer awareness (minus Susan G. Gomen foundation) but is this really such a good idea? Chances are, if a guy knows what the colors mean, they are going to think about something else besides breast cancer. If I had a 14-15 year old daughter, I don't even want to think about her posting such things on her FB wall.

So most guys don't know that 75% of our undergarments are white? Oh right, I forgot that guys don't do laundry.

I didn't know about it, but noticed that nearly all my friends (not just females haha) were posting colours...so i posted a random colour. silly me :rolleyes:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='08 January 2010 - 08:21 PM' timestamp='1263003699' post='2032800']
my status reads "it's none of your business what color my bra is..."
[/quote]
Are we allowed to guess?

My first guess will be salmon.

rhetoricfemme

I can't begin to fathom how this is supposed to raise breast cancer awareness. I think I'd honestly have less of a problem with it if the message I got just wanted me to post the color of my undergarments just to confuse boys. Even though we should all know better than to think anyone would be in the dark on what was going on...

Just. ::shrug::

dominicansoul

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 January 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1263003733' post='2032801']
Are we allowed to guess?

My first guess will be salmon.
[/quote]
nooooope....

actually, I don't understand this whole "awareness" thing? Aware of what? that breast cancer exist? who doesn't know that?

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='08 January 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1263005111' post='2032852']
nooooope....

actually, I don't understand this whole "awareness" thing? Aware of what? that breast cancer exist? who doesn't know that?
[/quote]
Yeah it is a common awareness, but not everyone takes the initiative to test themselves. So i think that it does remind some people and passes the word along.

ThePenciledOne

If nothing else this comes as no surprise to the road that soceity has gone down.

So, honestly as much as it should distrub me that girls are actually comforable with it, it doesn't, which is honestly sad.

Of course, I say this while putting the cancer issue aside. I think there are better ways to become "aware". Because, I was very aware of it before I had to know what my female peers were wearing.