An Old School Catholic Message Board

Keys Of Enoch

Cow of Shame

Cow of Shame

Been looking for some good, logical sites to refute this ridiculous book & coming up empty. Any good leads out there?

Thanks

-Cow

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='07 January 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1262841677' post='2031567']
Been looking for some good, logical sites to refute this ridiculous book & coming up empty. Any good leads out there?

Thanks

-Cow
[/quote]

A priest was asked a question: "How do we refute Dan Brown's [i]Da Vinci Code." [/i]The response? "It's a ridiculous work of fiction. Why do you feel the need?" Sounds applicable in this case, too.

~Sternhauser

Cow of Shame

Not terribly helpful reply. I have a family member who is reading it in seriousness. I can't just say "It's full of bullsheit. Man, are you a loser for reading that cr@p."

Cow of Shame

Plus, the Keys of Enoch aren't written as a fiction piece...even if it IS.

I don't have the time to read something like this (honestly, those sorts of books make me feel physically ill) and then try to logically come up with arguments against it....thus my request for a link to someone who already *has*.

Edited by Cow of Shame

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='07 January 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1262895378' post='2031902']
Not terribly helpful reply. I have a family member who is reading it in seriousness. I can't just say "It's full of bullsheit. Man, are you a loser for reading that cr@p."
[/quote]

I'm here to tell you, if you're going to try to argue against it strictly from a third party's critique, you're not going to be very convincing.

~Sternhauser

One refutation: I just took a look at their website. It looks like some four year old made it with Microsoft Frontpage, version 1995. Surely an organization claiming to possess "The Book of Knowledge" would have figured out how to make a more attractive web page that didn't scream "Scam! Cheap and horribly contrived scam!".

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='07 January 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1262895378' post='2031902']
[/quote]
True. You need to follow it up with a punch in the stomach.

Try saying this:
"My Fist of Anger(r) will teach you that your levels of conciousness are asinine(r)."

Maybe make a little (r) out of cardboard and hold it up to look official.

Seriously, I don't think there's a way to combat stuff like this. You cannot reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into. I'm at a loss.

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='07 January 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1262841677' post='2031567']

Thanks

-Cow
[/quote]
How do you logically refute the blatantly illogical and irrational?

(I'd never heard of this book, but looked it up - looks like basic new-age garbage, on a level of idiocy with Scientology.)

Might ask him, since the book was written thirty-some years ago, if that guy found all these vast, huge, technologically-advanced underground structures, why there's been no archaeological follow up over the past decades? Though I'm sure that will be blamed on a massive cover-up by the Vast Conspiracy which doesn't want us to know The Truth, of course.

But, yeah, I'll second Winchester's recommendations.

[quote name='Socrates' date='08 January 2010 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1262968598' post='2032502']
(I'd never heard of this book, but looked it up - looks like basic new-age garbage, on a level of idiocy with Scientology.)
[/quote]
Likewise. If anything, even sillier.

[quote name='Socrates' date='08 January 2010 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1262968598' post='2032502']
How do you logically refute the blatantly illogical and irrational?
[/quote]
I have that problem with the Bible, too.

...P.S. Hello

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='philbo' date='08 January 2010 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1262969875' post='2032510']
Likewise. If anything, even sillier.

I have that problem with the Bible, too.

...P.S. Hello
[/quote]
Good introduction. I'm already inclined to afford you enormous amounts of respect. :mellow:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 January 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1262981239' post='2032572']
Good introduction. I'm already inclined to afford you enormous amounts of respect. :mellow:
[/quote]
:)

Thank you

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 January 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1262981239' post='2032572']
[/quote]
pushover

• 2 weeks later...
Groo the Wanderer

Thou shouldst duct tape him to a comfy chair and force him to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail three times. Three is the number of the viewings and the number of the viewings shall be three. One viewing shall not do, nor shall two, unless it is immediately followed by a third viewing. Four viewings is right out. If after the third viewing, he still believes in that carp then thou shall lob at him thy holy hand grenade of Antioch, and he being found naughty in thine sight, shall snuff it.