An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is The End Near

infinitelord1

infinitelord1

do you think the end is near? ive been reading the news lately and it seems like there is a lot of chaos around the world. i am currently in iraq...is this babylon? if not, where is it?

this place seems like hell to me.

goldenchild17

The end is near, at least as much as the end was near according to the New Testament. We are in the final covenant with God. So in that sense we are in the last stage. But who knows how long it will last, I have a feeling things will get far worse than they are now before the end (although I personally tend believe in a reign of peace by Mary after the worst is over).

Happy_Catholic

A second to God could be millions of years to us. So while we're in the last days, the last days could last thousands of years.

I'm a follower of the Chastisement prophecies. And as it stands, in both those words and others from Catholic mystics and in some people's opinions the Bible, the final days will only begin to progress once the gospel has been spread to every corner of the globe and accepted in China in particular.

But regardless, its not our business. Its up to the Lord to decide when He does His thing.

Frankly, I pray for the hastening of His hand.

There has always been chaos in the world, because we bring the chaos. Comes with original sin. There have always been disasters, earthquakes and floods and fires and famines and plagues. We do get better news coverage of incidents now than we did 1000 years ago, so it seems worse.

There's a reason why Jesus told us that we can't know the time of the second coming.

infinitelord1

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='01 January 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1262402905' post='2028325']
im gonna really go out on a limb here by saying this...

i think i have met the whore of babylon.
[/quote]

i dont want to jump to conclusions here...is the whore of babylon an actual person? or is it a kingdom or what?

Happy_Catholic

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='01 January 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1262405165' post='2028374']
i dont want to jump to conclusions here...is the whore of babylon an actual person? or is it a kingdom or what?
[/quote]

Well, a seventh day adventist I know called the Catholic Church the whore of Babylon.

I think its a metaphor for an organisation or mindset that will herald the end of sin, by someone or something or a group of people being "in bed with sin" for lack of a better word. Of course, I could be wrong.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='01 January 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1262402905' post='2028325']

[/quote]
Hey, be nice to your mother-in-law!

A sedevacantist I know calls the post-V2 Church the Whore of babylon and insists that John Paul II was the anti-Christ....despite him being dead and the world not ending.

goldenchild17

[quote name='OraProMe' date='02 January 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1262417812' post='2028503']
A sedevacantist I know calls the post-V2 Church the Whore of babylon and insists that John Paul II was the anti-Christ....despite him being dead and the world not ending.
[/quote]

Some of them do believe that. Didn't really add up for me though, the JPII part that is.

Edited by goldenchild17

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='02 January 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1262409728' post='2028439']
Hey, be nice to your mother-in-law!
[/quote]

:hehe:

[/quote]
Sarah Palin!? Sheesh...I feel sorry for you :(