An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lying To Ourselves

Lil Red

+JMJ+
[url="http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/lying_to_ourselves_sjQTP9OuIQIrjE0oaYch2K"]Article from the NY Post[/url]
How did we help Umar Abdulmutallab, a wealthy Muslim university graduate who decided that Allah wanted him to slaughter Christians on their most joyous holiday?

By continuing to lie to ourselves. Although willing -- at last -- to briefly use the word "terror," yesterday President Obama still refused to make a connection between the action, the date and Islam.

Was it just a ticketing accident that led to a bombing attempt on Christmas? Was it all about blackout dates and frequent-flyer miles?

It wasn't. You know it. And I know it. But our government refuses to know it. Despite vast databases crammed with evidence, our leaders -- of both parties -- still refuse to connect Islamist terrorism with Islam.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/lying_to_ourselves_sjQTP9OuIQIrjE0oaYch2K#ixzz0bD7HVFTF

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='30 December 2009 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1262209831' post='2027591']
Fair. Wake up, America!
[/quote]
Ah, awake! the cry of the prophets, the Word Himself, and His Church. It disturbs me how few people listen. We can try though!

Saint Therese

This goes way beyond political correctness. Even a moron knows when a cigar is a cigar and a muslim man screaming "Allahu Akbar" as he sprays machine gun fire on people ( or attempts to blow up a plane) is terrorism and has to do with his being muslim.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='31 December 2009 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1262286641' post='2027867']
This goes way beyond political correctness. Even a moron knows when a cigar is a cigar and a muslim man screaming "Allahu Akbar" as he sprays machine gun fire on people ( or attempts to blow up a plane) is terrorism and has to do with his being muslim.
[/quote]

Oh we all know it has nothing to do with Islam, the man is just mentally disturbed! /sarcasm

Good post.

dominicansoul

...i don't understand it...what exactly do these islamic terrorists want? is it really just killing in the name of their god? or is there something else? sometimes I think we should just give them their own area of the world to live in...far away from civilized people and let them lead the barbaric existence they live and die for...

...if you don't like the west...quit coming over here!

HisChildForever

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='31 December 2009 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1262287755' post='2027878']
...i don't understand it...what exactly do these islamic terrorists want? is it really just killing in the name of their god? or is there something else? sometimes I think we should just give them their own area of the world to live in...far away from civilized people and let them lead the barbaric existence they live and die for...

...if you don't like the west...quit coming over here!
[/quote]

They WANT the world. Sequestering them will do nothing. You remember what one of our Muslim friends said: "Islam will dominate the world."

Yes, I remember that. And he still insisted it wouldn't be by force. I wouldn't come quietly. So they'd have to force me right? Sheesh.

I ain't scared. Bring it on.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Moosey' date='31 December 2009 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1262288331' post='2027881']
And he still insisted it wouldn't be by force.
[/quote]

He was being PC.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='31 December 2009 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1262288451' post='2027883']
He was being PC.
[/quote]
Macintosh ftw.

Happy_Catholic

Its the funny thing about Islam, I know quite a few Muslims and they are good peaceful people, however, none of them ever denounced those who were behind the 9/11 attacks or behind any of the terrorism. On one hand they talk about peace and being liberal and open minded, but on the other hand they won't speak out against those terrorists who harm.

As a Pro-Lifer, I can tell you when some idiot decides to blow up a clinic or snipe on an abortionist I get so mad and riled up God help the internet! Same with the sex scandals that rock the church on occasion. Being disgusted and chastising those who shoot abortionists does not make me any less Pro-Life. Demanding that paedophile priests be charged in the court system and sent to jail does not make me any less Catholic. So, really, it shouldn't make someone any less Muslim if they denounce what a terrorist does. If I was Muslim, I'd be doing everythign I coudl to distance myself and the faith I claim from those homicidal morons.

As a side note, I can't stand terrorists, they ruin it for everyone! I hate airport security, this talk of full body scanners and scanners that can see through your clothes, as a modest type that just makes me angry. I swear to God, if I was on a plane and some idiot pulled that muck, screw my Pro-Life convictions, I'd pummel his Koran ranting jackseat into the ground!!! :numchucks:

Anyone who thinks they can take me from my faith, by peaceful means or otherwise, is going to be in for a nasty surprise. God's on our side, remember!