An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hell And Raphael

Hassan

[quote name='OraProMe' date='31 December 2009 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1262273739' post='2027813']
Literal death of the soul would actually be pretty nice. Unmitigated freedom with 0 consequences.
[/quote]

More like amoral behavior.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Ziggamafu' date='31 December 2009 - 08:38 AM' timestamp='1262266696' post='2027807']
Weird that you got a -1 on that post. Anyway, I suppose it could be said that Heaven and Hell will eventually be two distinct "places" if the terms are applied to post-resurrection states. Heaven and Hell are not "places", properly speaking, prior to the resurrection since spirits do not occupy space. Maybe your friends rashly assumed you were denying the resurrection or recreation? Raph, what do you think?
[/quote]
Maybe my offence was my saying that I "came to the idea myself", which I meant to articulate that I was "enlightened by the HS through meditation on this subject". :) Nothing I know is from solely my own work, but the grace of God (so feel free to fix my -1? :topsy:)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='OraProMe' date='31 December 2009 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1262273739' post='2027813']
Unmitigated freedom with 0 consequences.
[/quote]
That's sort of possible through insanity. The pinnacle of self-delusion would be the achievement of a catatonic lifestyle involving an absolutely realistic lucid dream state. You could live in a mental institution some place while experiencing whatever life you desire in your own mind. The realization of solipsism and unmitigated freedom with zero "real" consequences. Reality has been pwned! Perhaps psychedelic drugs can help to achieve this. The death of God, the death of the other, the deification of the ego. Make it so.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='31 December 2009 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1262289084' post='2027886']
Because as we know:

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/reality.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
+1 Win.