An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is The Virgin Mary Appearing In Egypt?

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

There are strong reports of Mary appearing in Egypt again. Its even hit the media. There are multiple videos availiable on youtube. IMO its true. The local Bishop said it is a real apparition.

[url="http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2009/12/virgin-mary-appearing-in-egypt.html"]Mary in Egypt?[/url]

Its being reported that yesterday DEC. 22 2009 Mary appeared above all the Coptic Churches in Cairo, Egypt and they say there are 20 Million witnesses but I think they mean 200,000 witnesses which are Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike!!

Edited by sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUeW5cS3My4[/media]

This is when the Virgin Mary appeared throughout Egypt in the late 1960's. Here is a link to learn more [url="http://www.zeitun-eg.org/zeitoun1.htm"]Zeitun[/url]

This is a seperate case but striking nonetheless.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYBCVFoxKl4[/media]

dairygirl4u2c

i dont understand why this isn't bigger news. in american media, and even in this forum. it's too easy to say the media just doesn't care, or that people like to avoid the truth etc. i mean, there should be people trying to figure out what it's all about-- is the bishop stopping them? like putting things up to where the light is occurring etc. and why aren't people talking about it here? 'oooh aaaaah' etc etc?

i remember when i was more immature in my faith as a catholic, or just religious folk generally, i would 'just be' with these things, and assume it all meant that it was true, and if i said anything id gincks it- i was that egocentric. i still think that way, too, at least about the assuming it's true part. though now im more willing to talk about it without fear of ginksing it. very psychologically interesting (messed up), i know. but i know im not the only one who'd have or does think that way. and, it's one of the few ways of explaining the stunning silence of all that, here and in general. (id assume skeptics are the same psychologically, not wanting to ginks their disbelief, etc, that it's all not true.)
or is it that obvious to almost everyone, either one way or the other that it's all true, or not true, in their mind... that they dont say anything- or especially do anything? given the millions and billions of people out there, i couldnt believe that.
something doesn't make sense.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

you can do a google news search and get a few results. there's not a lot of hoopla about it. it sounds like that's how the ones a few years ago and in the sixties was too. at least now there's another one, so that i can witness the response by the media and people in general, and verify what my impressions were.

[quote name='elizabeth09' date='24 December 2009 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1261696102' post='2025663']
Thank you. Wow, Mary does get around.
[/quote]
Well like all the saints she participates in God's energy of omnipresence. :)

dairygirl4u2c

per the silence, it's like she's appearing everywhere etc. and everyone is like 'i'll believe it when i see it' or they're all like know what they believe already, or are at least amongst the few prudent ones who weigh the evidence well. it's like, are we at the stage of humanity where it no longer matters when mary is appearing? the common joe just says 'i'll believe it when i see it' or they just dont care any more even if it's true? if that's te case, i very much fear for what lies ahead for us as a people.

I think one of the problems started when we had all the news reports about Mary on toast and trees and wax or whatever they could think of. It just made people think Catholics are crazy and see her everywhere we look. But...notice how the media isnt reporting this convincing story like they would if somebody said "Mary's image is in my soup". The same thing happened when Mary appeared in Zeitun, Egypt. We didnt have any reports about it on American soil. But in Egypt it was a main cause of peace between Muslims and Christians for many years.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='24 December 2009 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1261678354' post='2025566']
i mean, there should be people trying to figure out what it's all about-- is the bishop stopping them? like putting things up to where the light is occurring etc.
[/quote]

No thats not it, the Bishop has already approved of it and said it is a very legit apparition. Even their "pope" has brought it up. The President Nasser of Egypt beleived in the one from the 1960's.