An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Are You A Muslim?

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='23 December 2009 - 06:51 AM' timestamp='1261511460' post='2024551']
Er, that's the same response a lot of people used for why they are Catholic. "Because God loves me and wants me to love him" how do you know that?
[/quote]
Believe me you will know it! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Happy_Catholic' date='02 January 2010 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1262386470' post='2028211']
As another posted pointed out there are the hijabs, but there's also those long gowns that almost look nun like. A lot of the Somalian Muslim women that live around here wear them. I feel kind of sorry for them,it can get up to 36 degrees with horrid humidity down here and black attracts the sun!

[/quote]

:shock: It gets to 36 degrees in New Zealand?

[quote name='Rosedelima' date='04 January 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1262564118' post='2029163']
I found the responses to this question somewhat vague, but I have two Muslim friends and I would never dare ask them this question in the first place.
[/quote]
If I got agro every time someone took the name of the Lord in vane, I would be in a punch up everyday! Many Muslims are just as tolerant of the rudeness of others.

Edited by Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Happy_Catholic' date='01 January 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1262386470' post='2028211']
As another posted pointed out there are the hijabs, but there's also those long gowns that almost look nun like. A lot of the Somalian Muslim women that live around here wear them. I feel kind of sorry for them, it can get up to 36 degrees with horrid humidity down here and black attracts the sun!

I have a Muslim friend who wears the hijab, she has them in all sorts of colours and shades and patterns and I feel kind of jealous at times because I hate my hair and if I wouldn't look like a racist I'd shave it all of.
[/quote]

They are probably not that hot... I used to belong to an order that wears a dark brown habit, and it's actually cooler than having your skin exposed directly to the humidity.