An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Are You A Muslim?

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

For all the Muslims on Phatmass I would be interested in knowing why you are a Muslim and.....oh, of course in one or two sentences.

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='21 December 2009 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1261428154' post='2024106']
For all the Muslims on Phatmass I would be interested in knowing why you are a Muslim and.....oh, of course in one or two sentences.
[/quote]

I'd venture to guess for the same general bad reasons most here are Christian.

[quote name='Winchester' date='21 December 2009 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1261429208' post='2024116']
Or skeptics.
[/quote]

Yes.

Well, actually a different set of bad reasons.

Edited by Hassan

I am Muslim because it is God's will and I stayed a Muslim because I have certainty.

PS. (real)reasons for belief are inherently personal and make little sense to others.

[quote name='Pomak' date='22 December 2009 - 01:46 AM' timestamp='1261464406' post='2024303']
I am Muslim because it is God's will and I stayed a Muslim because I have certainty.

PS. (real)reasons for belief are inherently personal and make little sense to others.
[/quote]

Then we cant go off of any personal experiences of Mohammed.

[quote name='Pomak' date='22 December 2009 - 01:46 AM' timestamp='1261464406' post='2024303']

[/quote]

And killers could say Im a mass murderer because its Gods will and I have certainty. Yeh but how do you know its Gods will?? And whats your certainty based off of.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='22 December 2009 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1261468507' post='2024316']
And killers could say Im a mass murderer because its Gods will and I have certainty. Yeh but how do you know its Gods will?? And whats your certainty based off of.
[/quote]
Er, that's the same response a lot of people used for why they are Catholic. "Because God loves me and wants me to love him" how do you know that?

Wow, I would have thought that all the Muslims stopped posting here. I gotta say, there was some rudeness and lack of charity in many of the threads.

Muslims wear He-jobs, not burquas. They are worn under the Taliban. Anyhow, some He-jobs are very nice, covered in beads and bells and beautiful.

[quote name='Selah' date='01 January 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1262381509' post='2028178']
Muslims wear He-jobs, not burquas. They are worn under the Taliban. Anyhow, some He-jobs are very nice, covered in beads and bells and beautiful.
[/quote]

Selah, i think you mean [i]hijabs[/i].

Happy_Catholic

[quote name='Selah' date='01 January 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1262381509' post='2028178']
[/quote]

As another posted pointed out there are the hijabs, but there's also those long gowns that almost look nun like. A lot of the Somalian Muslim women that live around here wear them. I feel kind of sorry for them, it can get up to 36 degrees with horrid humidity down here and black attracts the sun!

I have a Muslim friend who wears the hijab, she has them in all sorts of colours and shades and patterns and I feel kind of jealous at times because I hate my hair and if I wouldn't look like a racist I'd shave it all of.

I found the responses to this question somewhat vague, but I have two Muslim friends and I would never dare ask them this question in the first place. I guess that's the beauty of communicating on line; it can make us brave (or foolhardy). I bought a copy of the Koran a couple months ago to better educate myself in what Muslims believe. However, I suspect that there is much they are taught in their training in Islam that might be the equivalent of what we in Catholicism call Tradition (we have big "T" and little "t" tradition). In other words, probably not everything they believe comes from the Koran but also from their schooling, their parents, their culture. I find it fascinating that there are Muslims out there on Phatmass atall. If there is an equivalent kind of website on Islam, I'd beinterested in looking at it (unless, of course, it is restricted orrequires I speak Arabic, which, unfortunately I do not). In conclusion, I would be more interested in seeing if what I've said here sounds accurate to any Muslims out there.