An Old School Catholic Message Board

Don't You Realise...

Varg

Prayer does change things. Sometimes, like any good parent, The Father has to say no. That doesn't mean our prayers aren't listened to, or even answered in a way that we can't readily comprehend.

We can't prove it to you Varg, because your heart isn't open. If I gave you an example you'd just say it was a coincidence when I know in my heart it was because I had faith and relied on God to hear me. I know this sounds stupid to you but it's worked out for me for quite a few years now.

[quote name='Varg' date='20 December 2009 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1261349944' post='2023697']
Prove it.
[/quote]

Keep seeking God, Varg. And you will find Him. He loves you and is waiting for you to open your heart.

~Sternhauser

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='CatherineM' date='20 December 2009 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1261349381' post='2023686']
Prayer does change things. Sometimes, like any good parent, The Father has to say no. That doesn't mean our prayers aren't listened to, or even answered in a way that we can't readily comprehend.
[/quote]
I take issue with the fact that "sometimes" = always.

Edited by fidei defensor

[quote name='Varg' date='20 December 2009 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1261348819' post='2023675']
...Prayer does nothing. It's useless and makes no difference to anything. Why bother?
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
varg, i don't know what's going on in your life right now, but i will pray for you.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='20 December 2009 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1261351898' post='2023718']
I take issue with the fact that "sometimes" = always.
[/quote]
If you feel as if every prayer is ignored, perhaps you are praying for the wrong things.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='CatherineM' date='20 December 2009 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1261352202' post='2023722']
If you feel as if every prayer is ignored, perhaps you are praying for the wrong things.
[/quote]
I don't think happiness, health or safety are bad things to pray for.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='20 December 2009 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1261352570' post='2023724']
I don't think happiness, health or safety are bad things to pray for.
[/quote]

There not per-say but one must accept that sometimes the answer to those prayers is, no.