An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Church Dogmatically Teaches The Muslims Worship The One True God

Winchester

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='16 December 2009 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1260940371' post='2021664']
who makes outright falsehoods of me cutting and pasting "LOADS" of stuff, with no proof WHATSOEVER!
[/quote]
Proof? You want proof!?
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PROOF!

HisChildForever

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='16 December 2009 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1260940564' post='2021667']
Maybe-His-Child,

I'll stop the insults when I see you tell Winchester to stop the lies.
But we both know you'll never do it, so you've got quite the nerve to criticize ME!
[/quote]

Dear Stormstarter,

When did Winchester lie?

Edited by HisChildForever

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='16 December 2009 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1260939910' post='2021661']
I can do that too. Watch me. Your reply was nothing but rambling, angry nonsense.
Gee that felt good. Now I know what it feels like to be a Catholic.
[/quote]
Being Christian means emulating Jesus to the best of our ability. Your uncalled for attacks on members here as well as as attacking Catholics could not be considered as something Jesus would do or condone. You need to learn charity before you enter in Christian debates.

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='16 December 2009 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1260940789' post='2021671']
Being Christian means emulating Jesus to the best of our ability. Your uncalled for attacks on members here as well as as attacking Catholics could not be considered as something Jesus would do or condone. You need to learn charity before you enter in Christian debates.
[/quote]
To be fair, I have not been the model of Christian charity either. It's not just our verbose and raucous friend who has failed to live up to Jesus's example.

I like how Stormstopper is OUTRAGED at absolutely everything.

First he works himself into a towering fury because Winchester accused him of being a copypasta chef, then he is astounded and thunderstruck at how "lacking in integrity" Apotheoun's opinions are. Not his arguments mind you, but his actual opinions. If that's not ad hominem, by the way..... ah, well I won't get into that just now.

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='16 December 2009 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1260940789' post='2021671']
[/quote]

Criss-Cross

You don't know what you're talking about it! I have been accused of cutting and pasting and not using my own words by someone on this thread, and THAT, sir, is the issue! As ususal, you hold no condemnation for the perpetrator, because all Catholics in your eyes have halos around their heads.
The hypocrisy on this thread simply knows no bounds, including your obnoxious pious platitude to "emulate Jesus". Funny, I don't recall the Savior being interested in judging people guilty without even an investigation! And yet there you stand, guilty of this very thing. It's pathetic.
I'm leaving this thread right now as it is a complete waste of time.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='16 December 2009 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1260941264' post='2021675']
To be fair, I have not been the model of Christian charity either. It's not just our verbose and raucous friend who has failed to live up to Jesus's example.
[/quote]

Let he who is free of sin cast the first stone. As Mark puts his stone back on the ground. :)

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='15 December 2009 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1260940371' post='2021664']
There you go again---instead of admitting the Roman Catholic Church has ipso facto, said Muslims worship the SAME God as the Bible---you do as those who persecuted Christ---just gnash your teeth. You know the words of the popes and V-2 are SO clear and so antagonistic to the exclusivistic claims of Christ--- you have no way out but to hide behind smoke and MIRRORS!
You will do anything to justify those outrageous statements at all costs, and you will do everything you can to protect people like Winchester who makes outright falsehoods of me cutting and pasting "LOADS" of stuff, with no proof WHATSOEVER! But who cares, right? None of you appear to have the slightest interest in truth. It is pitiful.
[/quote]
[size="7"]NON SEQUITUR!!! [/size]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol_roll:
:lol_pound:

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='16 December 2009 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1260941358' post='2021677']
Criss-Cross

You don't know what you're talking about it! I have been accused of cutting and pasting and not using my own words by someone on this thread, and THAT, sir, is the issue! As ususal, you hold no condemnation for the perpetrator, because all Catholics in your eyes have halos around their heads.
The hypocrisy on this thread simply knows no bounds, including your obnoxious pious platitude to "emulate Jesus". Funny, I don't recall the Savior being interested in judging people guilty without even an investigation! And yet there you stand, guilty of this very thing. It's pathetic.
I'm leaving this thread right now as it is a complete waste of time.
[/quote]

One does not justify ones actions by the actions of others. Charity starts with you. I was pointing out that by the use of the word Catholic you were attacking peaceful Catholics as well as those who insulted you. And very few Catholics would would have halos.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='16 December 2009 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1260941346' post='2021676']
I like how Stormstopper is OUTRAGED at absolutely everything.

First he works himself into a towering fury because Winchester accused him of being a copypasta chef, then he is astounded and thunderstruck at how "lacking in integrity" Apotheoun's opinions are. Not his arguments mind you, but his actual opinions. If that's not ad hominem, by the way..... ah, well I won't get into that just now.
[/quote]

Storm is pretty dishonest with the way he quotes others, too. My Post #66 was in response to Winchester, a good-natured reply about Apo. Storm, however, quoted and responded to it as if the reply was meant to criticize him.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='15 December 2009 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1260940564' post='2021667']Maybe-His-Child
[/quote]

Really now? and criss cross? I understand that internet debate often crosses over into elementary playground war before long, but, srsly?

where's the chill pill when you need one?

Have a good night everybody :)

p.s. Aside from the juvenility I think both sides have made both some good points and really bad and/or useless points. Would be an interesting discussion to read should anybody decide to return to them.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='15 December 2009 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1260933341' post='2021614']
[b]'Baptism' without the Trinity is not baptism, and therefor worthless[/b]. However sincere the act would have been without it being said in name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, ie the Trinity, it is not baptism. Worship without the Trinity, it is not worship, and therefor of no avail, for the same reason as baptism is not Baptism without the Blessed Trinity. A thing can not be true and false. Jesus Christ is fully God. If you reject God do you believe in God? A thing cannot be true and false at the same time.
[/quote]
Baptism by blood? Baptism by desire? :detective:

[quote name='kamiller42' date='16 December 2009 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1260946067' post='2021707']
Baptism by blood? Baptism by desire? :detective:
[/quote]

If something can truly be termed "baptism" the Trinity is there implicitly. If the Trinity is not there no baptism has occurred.

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='16 December 2009 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1260946257' post='2021708']
If something can truly be termed "baptism" the Trinity is there implicitly. If the Trinity is not there no baptism has occurred.
[/quote]
Okay. I took his post as saying a baptism without the words of the Trinity being said, then it's not a baptism. In these two extraordinary cases, the Church says you reap the fruits of baptism without the sacrament. If you want to say the Trinity is present implicitly, okay.

Appropriate response:

[quote]Winnie, I do formulate arguments. You're full of it. I use lots of cut and paste because Catholics have given me a complex about evidence. They sound like baby birds "evidence, evidence, evidence!" It's your fault, now read my posts.[/quote]
Inappropriate response:

[quote]How dare you accuse me of being nothing but cut and paste but provide no proof! How dare you! Cutting and pasting direct quotes from your own church is not allowed.???? Get a life! After writing this, I will promptly report you to the moderator, for whatever it's worth. This is the typical, baseless Catholic response---when they have nothing relevent to say, go for your opponent's character. This was exactly what they tried to do with Jesus, trying to find false accusations. It is inexcusable and I won't tolerate your worthless comments a moment longer.
CUT and PASTE? You betcha buddy boy. I'm cutting AND pasting your baseless and unsubstantiated accusations of cutting and pasting, as well as "dishonesty", to the moderator this minute. [/quote]

Also, you accused Apo of creating doctrine--prior to my allegation that you are a cop paste fanatic. As I said, you can dish it out but can't take it.