An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Church Dogmatically Teaches The Muslims Worship The One True God

Winchester

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='15 December 2009 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1260924014' post='2021521']
Did you read the quotation I posted from Pope Paul VI? Vatican II was not [i]directly[/i] dogmatic, which means that none of the formulations that are unique to that council have dogmatic status. Nevertheless, when a Vatican II document reaffirms something that is already dogmatically declared, it follows that the statement made is dogmatic, but the authority for the dogma does not come from the Second Vatican Council itself, instead it comes from the source that the bishops at Vatican II were quoting or referencing.

Look, even you and I can say things that are dogmatic and infallible, i.e., as long as we restate the [i]de fide[/i] doctrine of the Church accurately. So, for example, if you were to say that Jesus Christ is one divine person in two natures, your statement would be dogmatic, and - yes - even infallible, not - of course - because you by yourself are an authority in the Church, but because you are restating the Church's faith as it has been established by Tradition.
[/quote]
Apo,
I don't think he should get responses from you until he posts something worthwhile or makes an actual argument.

Can you be quicker? I need to get off pm for the night. I have a chance to write and enjoy some time alone in the house while my mom and that strumpet go bowling.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Winchester' date='15 December 2009 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1260928529' post='2021568']
tick tock
[/quote]

If he takes any less than 30 seconds to respond to your posts, I vote him off the island.

I hope he's not cutting and pasting, again. I hate that. It's gauche.

He might be responding to Apo, who would require time. Of course, Apo's right so it's not really an issue. I think it's the desparation in his posts that bothers me. He's incredibly agitated.

Edited by Winchester

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='15 December 2009 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1260928805' post='2021572']
It says he's posting in the topic now.
[/quote]
It's been saying that for [i]years[/i].

HisChildForever

[quote name='Winchester' date='15 December 2009 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1260928923' post='2021574']
It's been saying that for [i]years[/i].
[/quote]

Well maybe he has a lot to say.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='15 December 2009 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1260929108' post='2021580']
Well maybe he has a lot to say.
[/quote]
More like somebody else has a lot to say. And he might be entering text tags manually.