An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is The Cause Of The Rapid Decline Of Christianity In Europe?

Guest Daniel Nicholas

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='15 December 2009 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1260935957' post='2021636']
I think the purpose of this thread was to only highlight the decline of Christianity in Europe which actually hasn't happened as there is nothing to compare it too. All we have here are a snapshot of some percentages at one point in time. The assumption made is that Christianity used to have much higher rates in Europe but I wonder where the evidence for that is.

Again we have percentages, not actual numbers so you can't run far with it. Even if we did see actual numbers, the believers still outnumber the nonbelievers by a large number.

Arguing against theism is another subject and should be dealt with in its own thread.
[/quote]
Nah man. The OP's intention was clearly to provoke and gloat. I'd love to hear some actual arguments against theism rather than see some sad statistics. Really who cares about statistics? Let's face it, the vast majority of people are idiots.

Edited by OraProMe

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='15 December 2009 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1260927692' post='2021560']
:hehe: I'm so glad we have an enlightened 13 year old around to disavow us of our antiquated notions.
[/quote]
I'm not thirteen. :P

Edited by Varg

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='15 December 2009 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1260902667' post='2021087']
Semantics aside, its still referred to as the Reformation.

Jim
[/quote]
Only by people who have a biased view of history...

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='16 December 2009 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1260984631' post='2021802']
[/quote]
Thank you. I think I provided an excellent explanation of my usage.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='15 December 2009 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1260915309' post='2021282']
And I still don't understand HOW you know Odin only has one eye, if he was never incarnate.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE"]Was this Odin??[/url]

HisChildForever

[quote name='Staretz' date='16 December 2009 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1260990600' post='2021893']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H_cI_WCnE"]Was this Odin??[/url]
[/quote]

:yes:

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='16 December 2009 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1260984631' post='2021802']
[/quote]
I called it the Deformation as it did more to deform Christianity than reform it. Deformation doesn't sound like a bias. :saint:

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='16 December 2009 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1260911608' post='2021181']

And if you look back, there is not a single institution that has lasted that long and weathered as much as the Catholic Church.
[/quote]

The Jews have the Church beat by about 1500 years. And they've survived all the "love" the Church has subjected them too, as well. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_grin.gif[/img]

[quote name='Antigonos' date='20 December 2009 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1261291825' post='2023384']
The Jews have the Church beat by about 1500 years. And they've survived all the "love" the Church has subjected them too, as well. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol_grin.gif[/img]
[/quote]
But we consider ourselves the Jews, Part II.

[quote name='Antigonos' date='20 December 2009 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1261291825' post='2023384']
[/quote]

The Catholic religion, not Rabbinical Judaism, is the true fulfillment of the religion of the Old Testament.

Chestertonian

In another hundred years or so, Western Europe will be inhabited primarily by Arabic Muslims who are migrating to Western Europe in droves and having lots and lots of children. Secular Europeans just cannot be bothered to start a family.Just last year, the second most popular baby name for boys in England was "Mohammed." But even so, if memory serves, Christianity is on the rise in Africa and China, and last I checked,there's still something like 2 billion Christians throughout the world, so I don't think we're headed the way of "Odinism" or anything like that :)

[quote name='Akalyte' date='20 December 2009 - 02:28 AM' timestamp='1261294112' post='2023390']
Darwinism. The masses are being forced to learn it. Secular School systems worship it. any other view is expelled.
[/quote]
Parents are free to teach their children what they like. In such a multicultural society, secularism is the best way. And if it causes a rise in atheism...Well, that's an added bonus :)

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='20 December 2009 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1261293403' post='2023387']
But we consider ourselves the Jews, Part II.
[/quote]

This reminds me of a story: Three Hindus are passing a Catholic Church, and one of them, curious, decides to go in and see what's happening. Not wanting to be conspicuous, he sits when the congregation sits, stands and kneels when they kneel. At one point he sees most of the people go forward to a kind of bannister stretched across the width of the church, and sees a priest give each one a round, white cracker. The Hindu does the same thing, swallowing it as he sees the others do, and mimicing their behavior.

When he comes out of the church he announces to his friends that he's now a Christian: "I ate their god", he says. "I did Christian puja" His friends are convinced, as he is, that he is now a Christian. They are entirely sincere.

Of course, no Christian would think this Hindu a Christian, because taking communion is not the way to become a member of the Church; baptism is required.

It is the same way when Christians claim to be Jews. According to Jewish Law, Jewishness is determined by the status of the mother, who must herself have been born to a Jewish mother, or have converted [according to Jewish Law]. Further, a Jew accepts upon himself the "yoke of the Commandments" at bar mitzvah, and lives according to Jewish Law. Christians are not Jews by Jewish Law, neither by virtue of their birth nor their observance. Indeed, Christianity has rejected just about all the concepts of Judaism along with the Jewish way of life. For Jews, the very idea of God as a man is the ultimate blasphemy.

So no, you may think you're a Jew, but Jews don't think you're a Jew.