An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scriptures That Prove The Trinity

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='Damiano' date='10 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1265865009' post='2055120']
***The one biblical verse that I feel summarizes the truth of the Trinity is: "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His spirit, hath sent me" [Isaiah 48:16].

If we re-phrase it and apply the proper designations we get the following: "Come ye near unto me (JESUS), hear ye this; I (JESUS) have not spoken in secret from the beginning (JESUS was in the beginning...John 1:1); from the time that it was, there am I (JESUS...John 1:1-3;Hebrews 1:2;Revelation 19:13); and now the Lord GOD (the FATHER), and His Spirit (HOLY SPIRIT), hath sent me (JESUS)" [Isaiah 48:16].

Damiano
[/quote]
z0mG Do you agree with Catholics about something? :blink:

*["z0mG Do you agree with Catholics about something? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]"]

***No. I believe the Word of God about everything. The doctrine of the Trinity is NOT a CATHOLIC doctrine...it is a BIBLICAL doctrine known by the prophet Isaiah loooooooooooooooooooooog BEFORE the Church of Rome came into existence. Isaiah knew (through the INSPIRATION of the Holy Spirit) that the Holy One of Israel would come to redeem his people...and he penned that revelation (Isaiah 53:1-12)...and the Trinity (Isaiah 48:16) among others.

Damiano

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Damiano' date='11 February 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1265868409' post='2055167']
*["z0mG Do you agree with Catholics about something? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]"]

***No. I believe the Word of God about everything. The doctrine of the Trinity is NOT a CATHOLIC doctrine...it is a BIBLICAL doctrine known by the prophet Isaiah loooooooooooooooooooooog BEFORE the Church of Rome came into existence. Isaiah knew (through the INSPIRATION of the Holy Spirit) that the Holy One of Israel would come to redeem his people...and he penned that revelation (Isaiah 53:1-12)...and the Trinity (Isaiah 48:16) among others.

Damiano
[/quote]

The Church was established by Christ. But you have still not answered what was asked of you. Why not just answer?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Damiano' date='11 February 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1265868905' post='2055176']
*["Holy overuse of caps lock, Batman!"]

***The Holy overuse of CAPS is for the benefit of DENSE "bottle" blonds.

Damiano
[/quote]

Yes, because when one ignores your hate-mongering, it is entirely appropriate to insult them.

Of course, I have no clue why you would want to insult MY physical appearance, but mmkay.

[quote name='Damiano' date='11 February 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1265868409' post='2055167']

Damiano
[/quote]
Nope. It's ours. You agree with Catholics.

HEY EVERYONE!! DAMIANO AGREES WITH CATHOLICS!!!

Hey Damiano, I'm going to go worship statues tomorrow evening after I'm done my weekly Marian indoctrination class. Wanna join me?

You're basically Catholic now, what with all the AGREEING with us you're doing. Better start sniffing incense and whatnot.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='10 February 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1265869139' post='2055178']
The Church was established by Christ. But you have still not answered what was asked of you. Why not just answer?
[/quote]

***I will not answer you again because we have NO GROUNDS for discussion. You are a papist who believes in the doctrine of SOLA ECCLESIA...and I adhere to the doctrine of SOLA SCRIPTURA. We can NEVER agree on ANYTHING and all contact with you is an exercise in futility.

Damiano

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Damiano' date='11 February 2010 - 02:44 AM' timestamp='1265874279' post='2055216']
***I will not answer you again because we have NO GROUNDS for discussion. You are a papist who believes in the doctrine of SOLA ECCLESIA...and I adhere to the doctrine of SOLA SCRIPTURA. We can NEVER agree on ANYTHING and all contact with you is an exercise in futility.

Damiano
[/quote]

Again? As far as I know you never have answered me at all. At least under your current S/N. And if all contact with me is a exercise in futility why are you here? We are all papist here, it's perfectly fine with me that you CANNOT defend you argument or challenge what rebukes you. This saves all us papist a lot of time, the earlier you are defeated the better.

Also please clear up some confusion are you also know as Storm Stopper? Remember your a Christian and should always reveal truth and be honest. A non-answer would be revealing.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='10 February 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1265869626' post='2055184']
Nope. It's ours. You agree with Catholics.

HEY EVERYONE!! DAMIANO AGREES WITH CATHOLICS!!!

Hey Damiano, I'm going to go worship statues tomorrow evening after I'm done my weekly Marian indoctrination class. Wanna join me?

You're basically Catholic now, what with all the AGREEING with us you're doing. Better start sniffing incense and whatnot.
[/quote]

***You have to stop smoking that stuff...it's making you soft in the head. If you keep it up you'll start to see visions of the Virgin on the cornflakes you have for breakfast.

Damiano

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='11 February 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1265874774' post='2055219']
Again? As far as I know you never have answered me at all. At least under your current S/N. And if all contact with me is a exercise in futility why are you here? We are all papist here, it's perfectly fine with me that you CANNOT defend you argument or challenge what rebukes you. This saves all us papist a lot of time, the earlier you are defeated the better.

Also please clear up some confusion are you also know as Storm Stopper? Remember your a Christian and should always reveal truth and be honest. A non-answer would be revealing.
[/quote]

***Who's storm stopper?

Damiano

KnightofChrist

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to [b]behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. [/b]

Look at that the Holy Bible is as it were 'Sola Ecclesia'

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Damiano' date='11 February 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1265875002' post='2055221']
***Who's storm stopper?

Damiano
[/quote]

*********You?

[quote name='Damiano' date='10 February 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1265865009' post='2055120']
***The one biblical verse that I feel summarizes the truth of the Trinity is: "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His spirit, hath sent me" [Isaiah 48:16].

If we re-phrase it and apply the proper designations we get the following: "Come ye near unto me (JESUS), hear ye this; I (JESUS) have not spoken in secret from the beginning (JESUS was in the beginning...John 1:1); from the time that it was, there am I (JESUS...John 1:1-3;Hebrews 1:2;Revelation 19:13); and now the Lord GOD (the FATHER), and His Spirit (HOLY SPIRIT), hath sent me (JESUS)" [Isaiah 48:16].

Damiano
[/quote]
Nice to see you posting on the actual topic of this thread.

May God grant you many joyful years.

P.S. - If you wish to post on other topics you should create threads for each of them.

[quote name='Damiano' date='11 February 2010 - 01:54 AM' timestamp='1265874853' post='2055220']
***You have to stop smoking that stuff...it's making you soft in the head. If you keep it up you'll start to see visions of the Virgin on the cornflakes you have for breakfast.

Damiano
[/quote]
I'm happy beyond words that you at least have a tiny bit of a sense of humour. :) I was expecting you to take that joke and try to refute it, which would have been tres disappointing. :thumbsup: