An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Novus Ordo Missae

OraProMe

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='23 December 2009 - 01:04 AM' timestamp='1261548258' post='2024906']
It is my opinion and hope that the Benedictine liturgical renewal will soon drip down to the average parish.
[/quote]

I'm not sure it will happen soon, but it is also my hope.

• 2 weeks later...
:popcorn: I'm glad this thread was started. It has been a boon for me to read all of these opinions. I've been reading Alcuin Reid's "The Organic Development of the Liturgy" and am forming my own opinions more concretely on this topic. I voted "worried" on Mortify's other thread about the current state of the Roman Church. I agree with many of the things that the people on this thread have said. While the NO Mass is valid and in some ways more accessible to modern man, I cannot deny that some of the changes implemented are impovrished of doctrinal emphasis and seem bereft of solid connections with the missal that proceded it. It is unfortunate that it seems that the individuals who implemented Sacrosanctum Concilium considered many of the liturgical developments between 400AD and 1600AD to be decadent and unnecessarily rubrical and thus in need of deletion. My own experience with Catholics who have a completely heterodox understanding of the True Presence is proof in many ways of the failure of the NO Liturgy (and modern Catechetics) to instill belief in the transubstantiation; there is ABSOLUTELY NO confusion about the sacredness of the Blessed Sacrament in the EF Liturgy. Despite my own frustrations, I am quite hopeful for the future of the Latin Rite liturgy.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Veridicus' date='01 January 2010 - 02:48 AM' timestamp='1262332138' post='2028040']
I've been reading Alcuin Reid's "The Organic Development of the Liturgy" ...
[/quote]
Good book! Alcuin Reid is pretty cool imo. :smokey: