An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nuclear Power

Varg

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess I don't have a problem with them. I had a problem with the one they were building in Cuba. First it was a graphite one, and second, they were putting it together with cardboard tubes and tape.

Archaeology cat

Yeah, provided there's a viable option for storing the waste (or, better yet, converting it somehow), I'm all for it. I do not think people should be like the Malon and dump antimatter waste in other territories. :mellow:

It would be cool to save up nuclear waste for a few hundred years, then launch it in a rocket to smash into an asteroid. It would be expensive in the short term, but spread out over enough time it may be feasible. :)

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='12 December 2009 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1260656082' post='2019309']
Billy Bass disagrees.
[/quote]
Billy Bass
Can kiss my [mod]extempers:silence, Infidel![/mod]

[quote name='Archaeology cat' date='13 December 2009 - 06:30 AM' timestamp='1260703847' post='2019617']
Yeah, provided there's a viable option for storing the waste (or, better yet, converting it somehow), I'm all for it. I do not think people should be like the Malon and dump antimatter waste in other territories. :mellow:
[/quote]
There is

ThePenciledOne

Sure let's give the CEOs of the power companies the power of a warhead. They were pretty dependable right? Even during the bailout right? Oh wait.....

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='17 December 2009 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1261104042' post='2022550']
Sure let's give the CEOs of the power companies the power of a warhead. They were pretty dependable right? Even during the bailout right? Oh wait.....
[/quote]
What kind of anarchist are you? :lol:

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='17 December 2009 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1261105622' post='2022567']
What kind of anarchist are you? :lol:
[/quote]

What is that supposed to mean. :P

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' date='17 December 2009 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1261106139' post='2022577']
What is that supposed to mean. :P
[/quote]
Better the CEOs have the power than the big bad government, eh? :D

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='18 December 2009 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1261112479' post='2022646']
[/quote]

Sure, if that's what you say. I mean, CEOs just sit on everythinganyway including their salaries. But hey I am just a peon in all ofthis, what do I know?

And if the CEOs really did have the power rather than the government, they would be gone sooner than you could say Frannie May Freddie Mac.

I'm actually more for nuclear power then bio fuels., mostly because i think that the stuff used for bio fuel should be eaten :mellow:
But i'm against it because of the waste problem. after all, the stuff can't be stored underground or dumped in the ocean forever

Edited by Christie_M

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='18 December 2009 - 04:01 PM' timestamp='1261112479' post='2022646']
[/quote]

There's some sort of difference? :D