An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Islam A Religion Of Truth, Peace And Love Or Not?

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Islam, true or false?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='15 December 2009 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1260909439' post='2021154']
Socrates

And had it been left up the Church officials of her day, she would've been silenced and John of the Cross would've died in prison, with neither of them writing a word.

God had other plans however, just as he did in guiding Pope John XXXIII to call Vatican II.
[/quote]

St. Teresa of Avila was canonized in 1622, more than three hundred years before Bl. John XXIII was elected Pope

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='15 December 2009 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1260912917' post='2021209']
St. Teresa of Avila was canonized in 1622, more than three hundred years before Bl. John XXIII was elected Pope
[/quote]

She wasn't made a doctor of the Church until 1970, but I referred to the Church leaders of her day.

Jim

Edited by JimR-OCDS

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='15 December 2009 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1260912917' post='2021209']
[/quote]
Obviously them launching her out of a cannon proves Jim's point.

Edited by Winchester

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='15 December 2009 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1260909439' post='2021154']

Oh, but as long as we have Mass in Latin and Gregorian Chant, all will be fine. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Jim
[/quote]
Despite trying so very hard to the contrary, you got one bit right.
Incomplete, of course (I have low expectations at this point anyway), but still correct.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='15 December 2009 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1260909439' post='2021154']
Socrates

And had it been left up the Church officials of her day, she would've been silenced and John of the Cross would've died in prison, with neither of them writing a word.

God had other plans however, just as he did in guiding Pope John XXXIII to call Vatican II.[/quote]
So, did God guide Pope Benedict XVI to issue the universal indult?

[quote]The scandals are from a minority in the Church, and have always been there, except now in our day and age they weren't able to keep them in the closet.

However, I believe this is bringing a positive thing in the Church, in that the evil is being purged and people of deep spirituality are emerging.

Pope John XXXIII prayed for a 2nd Pentecost, I believe it happened when the Charismatic Movement first came about, which brought many people back to the Church, but also moved them along the spiritual road to contemplative prayer.

Before we had more people attending Mass each Sunday, out of obligation. But today, although we have less, more attend for purer reasons.

[/quote]
Nice that God granted you the ability to judge the motives for those attending mass.

[quote]The problems of neoconservativism in the Catholic Church are only at the beginning stages, and hopefully, will not grow further. When such groups divide instead of unite, when they reflect a rigid self-righteousness that sends people running for their lives, rather than being brought to Christ, we'll have a well disciplined religion, but one that places heavy yokes on people, rather than bringing them love and compassion as Jesus taught. [/quote]
Yet another vague and evasive response.

Funny, I've heard "rad-trads" accuse "neoconservatives" of being too liberal and accepting of change.

And do those "progressives" who dissent from the Church's teachings bear no blame for divisiveness in the Church? (Though unity at all costs was not Christ's goal. Remember, He came not to bring peace but a sword.)
And exactly what "heavy yokes" are you referring to? Following the Church's moral teachings? Sunday Mass obligation?

[quote]Oh, but as long as we have Mass in Latin and Gregorian Chant, all will be fine. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Jim[/quote]
Praise God for the Latin Mass and Gregorian Chant!

eagle_eye222001

Socrates

God had other plans however, just as he did in guiding Pope John XXXIII to call Vatican II.[/quote]

Too bad it was sorely misinterpreted and Mass attendance went steadily downhill. All that spirituality really must have been kicking in. http://cara.georgetown.edu/AttendPR.pdf

[quote]The scandals are from a minority in the Church, and have always been there, except now in our day and age they weren't able to keep them in the closet.

However, I believe this is bringing a positive thing in the Church, in that the evil is being purged and people of deep spirituality are emerging. [/quote]

Socrates and I have already mentioned the vast number of scandals that spiked right after Vatican II. And the people condemning evil according to the teachings of the Catholic Church are the orthodox devout Catholics while the Progressives still advocate for women priests, contraception, non-weekly Mass, etc.

[quote]Pope John XXXIII prayed for a 2nd Pentecost, I believe it happened when the Charismatic Movement first came about, which brought many people back to the Church, but also moved them along the spiritual road to contemplative prayer.

Before we had more people attending Mass each Sunday, out of obligation. But today, although we have less, more attend for purer reasons.[/quote]

I know several ex-Charismatics. The bad thing is that many of them are also ex-Catholics now. I can't see the disposition for those who go to Mass. I guess you can?

[quote]The problems of neoconservativism in the Catholic Church are only at the beginning stages, and hopefully, will not grow further. When such groups divide instead of unite, when they reflect a rigid self-righteousness that sends people running for their lives, rather than being brought to Christ, we'll have a well disciplined religion, but one that places heavy yokes on people, rather than bringing them love and compassion as Jesus taught.

Oh, but as long as we have Mass in Latin and Gregorian Chant, all will be fine. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Jim
[/quote]

Don't we divide Christ's Church when we preach that there are multiple ways to God and that actions such as abortion, homosexuality, contraception, advocate for women priests, don't go to confession, miss Mass, we will really be leading people to Christ, right?

If we love people, we will teach the Truth.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='15 December 2009 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1260917778' post='2021366']
Too bad it was sorely misinterpreted and Mass attendance went steadily downhill. All that spirituality really must have been kicking in. http://cara.georgetown.edu/AttendPR.pdf
[/quote]
Interestingly, contrary to "spiritually evolved" wisdom, parishes and diocese that are orthodox and "conservative" are thriving and growing, and also have more vocations, etc. It's heterodox "liberal" parishes that are dying.

And I can speak from experience on this.

[quote name='Socrates' date='15 December 2009 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1260923834' post='2021517']
Interestingly, contrary to "spiritually evolved" wisdom, parishes and diocese that are orthodox and "conservative" are thriving and growing, and also have more vocations, etc. It's heterodox "liberal" parishes that are dying.

[/quote]
That seems to be the common wisdom right now, eh?

Why does Islam disenfranchise half the people in the world? A great way to show peace and love, isn't it?

Harassment across Arab world drives women inside

Dec. 16, 2009
Associated Press The sexual harassment of women in the streets, schools and work places of the Arab world is driving them to cover up and confine themselves to their homes, said activists at the first-ever regional conference addressing the once taboo topic.

Activists from 17 countries across the region met in Cairo for a two-day conference ending Monday and concluded that harassment was unchecked across the region because laws don't punish it, women don't report it and the authorities ignore it.

The harassment, including groping and verbal abuse, is a daily experience women in the region face and makes them wary of going into public spaces, whether it's the streets or jobs, the participants said. It happens regardless of what women are wearing.

With more and more women in schools, the workplace and politics, roles have changed but often traditional attitudes have not. Experts said in some places, like Egypt, harassment appears sometimes to be out of vengeance, from men blaming women for denied work opportunities.

Amal Madbouli, who wears the conservative face veil or niqab, told The Associated Press that despite her dress, she is harassed and described how a man came after her in the streets of her neighborhood.

"He hissed at me and kept asking me if I wanted to go with him to a quieter area, and to give him my phone number," said Madbouli, a mother of two. "This is a national security issue. I am a mother, and I want to be reassured when my daughters go out on the streets."

Statistics on harassment in the region have until recently been nonexistent, but a series of studies presented at the conference hinted at the widespread nature of the problem.

As many as 90 percent of Yemeni women say they have been harassed, while in Egypt, out of a sample of 1,000, 83 percent reported being verbally or physically abused.

A study in Lebanon reported that more than 30 percent of women said they had been harassed there.

"We are facing a phenomena that is limiting women's right to move ... and is threatening women's participation in all walks of life," said Nehad Abul Komsan, an Egyptian activist who organized the event with funding from the U.N. and the Swedish development agency.

Harassment has long been a problem in Mideast nations. But it was little discussed until three years ago, when blogs gave posted amateur videos showing a crowd of men assaulting women in downtown Cairo during a major Muslim holiday in one of the most shocking harassment incidents in the region.

The public outcry sparked an unprecedented public acknowledgment of the problem in Egypt and elsewhere in the region, and drove the Egyptian government to consider two draft bills addressing sexual harassment.

Sexual harassment, including verbal and physical assault, has been specifically criminalized in only half a dozen Arab countries over the past five years. Most of the 22 Arab states outlaw overtly violent acts like rape or lewd acts in public areas, according to a study by Abul Komsan.

Participants at the conference said men are threatened by an increasingly active female labor force, with conservatives laying the blame for harassment on women's dress and behavior.

In Syria, men from traditional homes go shopping in the market place instead of female family members to spare them harassment, said Sherifa Zuhur, a Lebanese-American academic at the conference.

Abul Komsan described how one of the victims of harassment she interviewed told her she had taken on the full-face veil to stave off the hassle.

"She told me 'I have put on the niqab. By God, what more can I do so they leave me alone,'" she said, quoting the woman. Some even said they were reconsidering going to work or school because of the constant harassment in the streets and on public transpiration.

Where segregation between the sexes is the norm and women are sheltered by religious or tribal customs, cases of sexual harassment are still common at homes and in the times when women must venture out, whether to markets, hospitals or government offices.

In Yemen, where nearly all women are covered from head to toe, activist Amal Basha said 90 percent of women in a published study reported harassment, specifically pinching.

"The religious leaders are always blaming the women, making them live in a constant state of fear because out there, someone is following them," she said.

If a harassment case is reported in Yemen, Basha added, traditional leaders interfere to cover it up, remove the evidence or terrorize the victim.

In Saudi Arabia, another country where women cover themselves completely and are nearly totally segregated from men in public life, women report harassment as well, according to Saudi activist Majid al-Eissa.

His organization, the National Family Safety Program, has been helping draft a law criminalizing violence against women in the conservative kingdom, where flirting can often cross the line into outright assault. Discussion of the law begins Tuesday. "It will take time especially in this part of the world to absorb the gender mixture and the role each gender can play in society," he said. "We are coping with changes (of modern life), except in our minds."

• 1 month later...

Excuse me but i will go back to our topic.

-----------
[quote name='HisChildForever' date='10 December 2009 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1260504948' post='2018142'] I answered "false" to all three. [/quote]

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='10 December 2009 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1260505172' post='2018147'] Me too. [/quote]
-------------------------

Okay let us discuss this...

To all who posted here saying Prophet Muhammad is not a true prophet of God.

I want to present to you an argument.

1. If Prophet Muhammad is not a true prophet of God, you are simply saying he is a false prophet. Am I Correct?

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='10 December 2009 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1260505845' post='2018160']
Mohammad was not a prophet of God, for his doctrines contradict those of Jesus Christ, Who is the supreme Prophet and absolute Teacher of all humanity.

Islam is not a religion of truth or a religion of peace, for it rejects Jesus, Who is "the Way, and the Truth, and the Life" and "the Prince of Peace".

The Koran is not an inspired book, for it claims to supersede and surpass the teachings of Christ, who is the "Fullness of all God's revelation".
[/quote]

Ditto this.

[quote name='Socrates' date='15 December 2009 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1260923834' post='2021517']

[/quote]

The reality is I will outbreed my half-catholic half-agnostic...I've taken enough bio/ecology classes to know how that will play out. The Church IS on the right side of the evolution coin when it comes to openness to life and the survivability of the Church. Orthodoxy has both Truth and openness to life on itside. It will survive.

JMJ
I got started with Robert Spencer and Serge Trivkovic fairly young, so this is a very interesting topic for me. Regarding Mohammed and the Qu'ran, I would like to point out that Mohammed was visited by the Angel of Light in a cave. So, we go to Catholic history, and who was the Angel of Light? Exactly! Next, a study of the Qu'ran takes us to the Satanic verses, or "the dark verses". This is from when Mohammed was under the impression God gave him more surats to write down, and later on he found out that God was mistaken, and apparently the devil had something to do with it. Muslims look down on women because of the view Muhammed past on to them, which is that women are cattle, to be used for breeding only. I have always wondered why, since it was Aisha, his wife, that told him to believe the Angel of Light. I often think of it this way:

Adam+Eva=falling from grace
Jesus+Ave=restoration to grace
Muhammed+Aisha= doom

It is very much history repeating itself to my mind! Regarding Islam as a religion of peace, who wants to talk about jihad+peace camps/terrorism? Truly peace camps are entertaining to talk about. The article about sexual harrasment reminded me in an odd way of when my family went to a very beautiful natural river. A group of Arabs arrived, and the young men and boys promptly stripped to their bathing suits and began swimming. The two women and the few girls sat down on the beach and waited for the men to be done. the women and girls were covered head to toe in veils, robes, and other "protective equipment". And just think, the Bible never said to kill every person that doesn't agree with us and our beliefs. Yet the Qu'ran says to kill Buddhists, Hindus, but give the people fo the book one chance o convert, THEN kill them. Very interesting[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/book.gif[/img]

[quote name='Veridicus' date='21 January 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1264099163' post='2041542']
Ditto this.
[/quote]

Again, therefore he is a false prophet.