An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Islam A Religion Of Truth, Peace And Love Or Not?

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Islam, true or false?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is one of the sahih hadith that has stuck with me for years, and it's truly abhorrent but we need to realize what type of character Muhammad was.

Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3371:
[color="#0000FF"]Abu Sirma said to Abu Sa'id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): 0 Abu Sa'id, did you hear Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioning al-'azl? He said: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing 'azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid-conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Mes- senger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.[/color]

These companions of Muhammad were licentious men who were so weak they could not restrain themselves from rape. Muhammad could have reprimanded them but instead he tells them not to bother with coitus interruptus. How Muslims could honestly believe this man to be the Seal of Prophets and supreme example for all men is truly beyond me.

Mohammad was not a prophet of God, for his doctrines contradict those of Jesus Christ, Who is the supreme Prophet and absolute Teacher of all humanity.

Islam is not a religion of truth or a religion of peace, for it rejects Jesus, Who is "the Way, and the Truth, and the Life" and "the Prince of Peace".

The Koran is not an inspired book, for it claims to supersede and surpass the teachings of Christ, who is the "Fullness of all God's revelation".

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='10 December 2009 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1260505845' post='2018160']
Mohammad was not a prophet of God, for his doctrines contradict those of Jesus Christ, Who is the supreme Prophet and absolute Teacher of all humanity.

Islam is not a religion of truth or a religion of peace, for it rejects Jesus, Who is "the Way, and the Truth, and the Life" and "Prince of Peace".

The Koran is not an inspired book, for it claims to supersede and surpass the teachings of Christ, who is the "Fullness of all God's revelation".
[/quote]
:yes:

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Man, what a way to welcome our Muslim brothers to Phatmass...

Edited by Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Apo wanted me to start this poll to test phatmassers Faith, in whether we accept Islam or Catholicism......

^ Well at least you accept that there is only the choice between truth and falsehood. :P

Btw OP the second one is not exactly quite right, in Islam God has more attributes and names than the loving, peaceful and truthful.

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' date='11 December 2009 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1260506655' post='2018171']
Man, what a way to welcome our Muslim brothers to Phatmass...
[/quote]

I understand your concern, but being who you truly are is better, and more respectable than being involved in false pretense. And yes, the second choice gave me the parameters of Islam being ONLY Love, truth, and peace.

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='10 December 2009 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1260508102' post='2018198']
Apo wanted me to start this poll to test phatmassers Faith, in whether we accept Islam or Catholicism......
[/quote]
Actually, you are the one who asked the question. I simply suggested this as a way to find the answer, but alas you forgot to make the voting public so there is no way to make anyone accountable for the votes.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='11 December 2009 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1260535346' post='2018307']
Actually, you are the one who asked the question. I simply suggested this as a way to find the answer, but alas you forgot to make the voting public so there is no way to make anyone accountable for the votes.
[/quote]

I guess secret ballot is all the rage these days. :P

"False" to all three, for obvious reasons.

Look, both Christianity and Islam claim to be religions of peace (IIRC, "Islam" means "peace". Sorry if I got that wrong) but both can be very easily manipulated to justify evil things.

"Kill them all! Surely the Lord discerns which are his."

Edited by Varg

[quote name='Pomak' date='11 December 2009 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1260545555' post='2018380']
I guess secret ballot is all the rage these days. :P
[/quote]
Or perhaps Sacredheart did not know how to make the voting public. As it is the poll has little value because there is no way to determine how Catholic Phatmassers are voting, which was the whole purpose of the suggestion for a poll.