An Old School Catholic Message Board

We Can Disagree And Still Be Respectful

Nihil Obstat

Word. I may disagree with you, but I will still sit down and have some tea with you and I welcome the Muslim posters to phatmass.

I guess cause I have family who are Muslim, I see things differently and have a different perspective of things. I see all human beings as fallen creatures that only through God's grace and mercy are we saved.

I've also learned that its way harder to love instead of hating, and me being the overachieving nerd that I am... my heart goes out to you. May God soften our hearts so that we will have fruitful discourse and may God be glorified through it all.

[quote name='desertwoman' date='10 December 2009 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1260487790' post='2017953']

I've also learned that its way harder to love instead of hating, and me being the overachieving nerd that I am... my heart goes out to you. May God soften our hearts so that we will have fruitful discourse and may God be glorified through it all.
[/quote]
Lawl, I accidentally read that as "we will have fruity discourse..." :lol:

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='desertwoman' date='10 December 2009 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1260487790' post='2017953']
Word. I may disagree with you, but I will still sit down and have some tea with you and I welcome the Muslim posters to phatmass.

I guess cause I have family who are Muslim, I see things differently and have a different perspective of things. I see all human beings as fallen creatures that only through God's grace and mercy are we saved.

[/quote]

A very beautiful Christ-like post.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='10 December 2009 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1260488059' post='2017955']
Lawl, I accidentally read that as "we will have fruity discourse..." :lol:
[/quote]

:))

Wow I was going to say the last part was very Muslim. We constantly talk about softening our hardened hearts.

That's really cool you have Muslim family. Are you African American?

I don't think there is any ethnicity that, as a whole, is connected to Islam as African Americans.
The Latino community comes a close 2nd because of Andalus, but that's another story :)

One non-Muslim professor was telling me (if I remember correctly), Islam is an African religion :)

KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='10 December 2009 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1260483653' post='2017878']
I repeat the words of Saint Paul "A faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into this world to save sinners, of whom I am the chief."
[/quote]

Forgive me my sins, O Lord, forgive me my sins;
the sins of my youth, the sins of my age, the sins of my soul,
the sins of my body; my idle sins, my serious voluntary sins;
the sins I know, the sins I do not know; the sins I have concealed
for so long, and which are now hidden from my memory.

I am truly sorry for every sin, mortal and venial,
for all the sins of my childhood up to the present hour.

I know my sins have wounded Thy Tender Heart,
O My Savior, let me be freed from the bonds of evil through
the most bitter Passion of My Redeemer. Amen.

O My Jesus, forget and forgive what I have been. [b]Amen.[/b]

[quote name='extempers' date='10 December 2009 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1260488903' post='2017968']
Wow I was going to say the last part was very Muslim. We constantly talk about softening our hardened hearts.

That's really cool you have Muslim family. Are you African American?

I don't think there is any ethnicity that, as a whole, is connected to Islam as African Americans.
The Latino community comes a close 2nd because of Andalus, but that's another story :)

One non-Muslim professor was telling me (if I remember correctly), Islam is an African religion :)
[/quote]

Yes I am, but I prefer Black American though. Tis just a personal preference of mine. I was raised in the bible belt (and I'm still here) and I am use to hearing a preacher preach from the scriptures on the corner, and on the other side of town I was use to hearing the congregation from the mosque sing their songs on the corner. People would actually stop their cars and listen to them sing for about an hour or so. But both the corner preacher and the singers were later forced to move from their locations though. I don't know what happened to them, but I kinda miss that.

I'm also working with a community elder Mr. Mohammad Idris with trying to have civil discord in our communities. So far its working.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='10 December 2009 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1260484136' post='2017888']
That is sad for them, but it is a sin to lie and so I cannot do that.
[/quote]

it may be a sin to lie, but it is not a sin to keep quiet. The whole forum already knows your position on islam (its a false religion, false prophet, etc), so it is hardly necessary to repeat post that all the time.

Starting fights isnt exactly a good thing, and if it means not telling somebody "you have an ugly face" (though it may be true) to avoid a pointless battle, then restraint would be a good thing to practise.

i mean no offense, i respect that you hold that opinion on Islam, but i am a little tired of reading it with slightly varied wording as a canned one liner response to criticism multiple times in a thread.

while i tend not to agree on all the points, i much prefer your more detailed responses.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='10 December 2009 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1260498323' post='2018046']
but i am a little tired of reading it with
[/quote]

Then don't read his posts.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='10 December 2009 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1260482967' post='2017855']
I have never had any one of the priests at my parish preach about hell. Your priest is rare, and a blessing many are too afraid or for whatever reason only preach happy happy joy joys, some are even forbidden by their bishop to teach fire and brimstone.

Over all far too many today want a Christ without a Cross. Happy Jesus is just easier to handle. I am not stating the joys and goodness of the Gospel should be put aside only that the Cross and the hard facts that come with it are not forgotten.
[/quote]

Oh, it is a blessing? No, I am sorry I disagree with you there. Once in a while it is needed. Not every time. I think you missed me saying that. There is such thing as balance: Cross and Gospel joys and goodness. That is all I am saying. There is need for a balance.

[quote name='Lil Red' date='10 December 2009 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1260504502' post='2018135']
+J.M.J.+
wow, this thread is schizophrenic. :blink:
[/quote]
Tell me about it. :(

KnightofChrist

[quote name='picchick' date='10 December 2009 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1260504858' post='2018140']
Oh, it is a blessing? No, I am sorry I disagree with you there. Once in a while it is needed. Not every time. I think you missed me saying that. There is such thing as balance: Cross and Gospel joys and goodness. That is all I am saying. There is need for a balance.
[/quote]

Is he your only priest?

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='10 December 2009 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1260485069' post='2017915']
7 days. How long were you gone for?
[/quote]
Seven also.