An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Does The Pope Support Genocide?

what the heavens!

[quote name='notardillacid' date='10 December 2009 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1260473628' post='2017700']
Apparently senses of humor do not come standard in the Italian homo sapien
[/quote]

Let me jot this down on my list.

[u]Catholics:

[/u]-Islamophobes
-Racists

anything else I'm missing out on?

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 01:35 PM' timestamp='1260473705' post='2017702']

[u]Catholics:

[/u]-Islamophobes
-Racists

[/quote]
Yea, apparently we hate gays too. :mellow:

...but then again, so do you, right?

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1260473705' post='2017702']

[u]Catholics:

[/u]-Islamophobes
-Racists

[/quote]
Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty other meaningless and empty names you can call us.

Name-calling isn't much of a refutation.

And I'm not sure what all this "racist" nonsense refers to. Last I checked, Islam was a religion, not a race.

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1260473705' post='2017702']

[u]Catholics:

[/u]-Islamophobes
-Racists

[/quote]
lol. Generally I don't talk to Catholiphobes. However, I make exceptions for the special ones who can read hearts :turban:

[quote name='Socrates' date='10 December 2009 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1260473956' post='2017708']
Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty other meaningless and empty names you can call us.

And I'm not sure what all this "racist" nonsense refers to. Last I checked, Islam was a religion, not a race.
[/quote]
He meant Italians. :D We hate Italians now.

[quote name='Socrates' date='10 December 2009 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1260473956' post='2017708']

[/quote]
Well I think he was referring to my undying hatred of 'WithOut PaperS' :hehehe:

Edited by notardillacid

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='10 December 2009 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1260473986' post='2017710']
He meant Italians. :D We hate Italians now.
[/quote]
Catholics are anti-Italian?

Mama Mia!

rizz_loves_jesus

Viruses are TINY and can easily slip through condom pores... throwing condoms at AIDS victims isn't going to help anything.

[quote name='Socrates' date='10 December 2009 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1260473956' post='2017708']

[/quote]

Italian remark by your Catholic friend.
What ever made you think Islam was a race? Silly boy.

Islam doesn't hate gays. It hates the actions of homosexuality.

notardillacid: I'm not a Catholophobic. Otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Edited by bhrhrahraa

[quote name='Socrates' date='10 December 2009 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1260474074' post='2017713']
Catholics are anti-Italian?

Mama Mia!
[/quote]
I found it ironic. :)

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1260474126' post='2017717']
Italian remark by your Catholic friend.
What ever made you think Islam was a race? Silly boy.

Islam doesn't hate gays. It hates the actions of homosexuality.

notardillacid: I'm not a Catholophobic. Otherwise I wouldn't be here.
[/quote]
lol

quit making up words you silly goose you!

[quote name='Socrates' date='10 December 2009 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1260471857' post='2017653']
Because most AIDS is spread by sexual promiscuity.
No sexual promiscuity = much less AIDS.

It's not rocket science.
[/quote]
Statements beginning with "If everyone followed the chruch's teachings..." can't be proven.

[quote name='Varg' date='10 December 2009 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1260474436' post='2017730']
Statements beginning with "If everyone followed the chruch's teachings..." can't be proven.
[/quote]
Well obviously they cannot, because we're operating within a very clearly defined model, which IS NOT supposed to be the real world. Economists do it every single day.
It's not supposed to be proven; it's self evident based on the assumptions, which we know are not the way the world actually is.

[quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' date='10 December 2009 - 02:41 PM' timestamp='1260474091' post='2017715']
Viruses are TINY and can easily slip through condom pores... throwing condoms at AIDS victims isn't going to help anything.
[/quote]

One cannot judge condom efficacy on pore size. Yes, viruses may be smaller, and so theoretically would be able to slip through. However, this neglects the fact that condom efficacy is not so much about the ability for the virus to slip through, as it is for the medium that is suspended in to slip through. If semen cannot get through a condom, the virus, which is suspended in the semen, will not be able to get through.

Try this as an (albeit imperfect) example: take a kitchen strainer, and run water through it. You will notice that some of the water will be "held" by the strainer's holes. The holes of a condom are much smaller, and the viscosity of semen much higher.

Condom inefficacy at preventing HIV transmission is instead due to tearing, slipping, and improper or inconsistent use. It should also be noted that temperature extremes negatively effect the structural integrity of the latex. The CDC had a graph at one point that illustrated that under ideal conditions, standard use condom efficacy was only 95% at preventing HIV transmission, for every form of sex. This means that there's a 1 in 20 shot ... Sounds like a game of Russian Roulette with a 20-shooter!

Someone from Planned Parenthood was mandated to come into my class last year and teach condoms. She gave each boy 5 condoms. At the end, I grabbed four boys, and asked them to loan their condoms to me. Then I told them of the stats. And gave the condoms back to them, and pointed out that one out of those 20 condoms would fail, which means that one of the four boys would experience condom failure. That opened their eyes quite a bit.