An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Does The Pope Support Genocide?

what the heavens!

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='10 December 2009 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1260471365' post='2017638']
You must not ever go to a Catholic Church and meet with the community that goes to Mass daily.
[/quote]

Actually, I have 2 Churches only a few feet from my house. One is right in front of me and the other is to the left side. I barely see anyone go in or out except on Sundays.
And I'm very well aware that people who are into Catholicism or whatever exist, just that I have never met one face to face.

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1260471667' post='2017647']
And I'm very well aware that people who are into Catholicism or whatever exist, just that I have never met one face to face.
[/quote]
I don't know all that many, and I'm not exactly uninvolved with my Faith.

On the other hand, I know a heck of a lot of people about whom I could not say "that person does not practice our faith the way they should", simple because I don't know them well enough.

[quote name='Socrates' date='10 December 2009 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1260471513' post='2017642']
If everyone followed the Church's moral teachings regarding chastity, there would be very few deaths from AIDS or other such stds.
Providing condoms has done very little to alleviate the scourge of AIDs.
[/quote]
Prove it.

[quote name='Varg' date='10 December 2009 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1260471776' post='2017651']
Prove it.
[/quote]
Because most AIDS is spread by sexual promiscuity.
No sexual promiscuity = much less AIDS.

It's not rocket science.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='10 December 2009 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1260471761' post='2017650']
I don't know all that many, and I'm not exactly uninvolved with my Faith.

On the other hand, I know a heck of a lot of people about whom I could not say "that person does not practice our faith the way they should", simple because I don't know them well enough.
[/quote]

But you know, there are always false followers... those who observe every part of their faith out of fear/family pressure and then do the exact opposite in secrecy. But, of course, this is not bound to just one faith.

Well, I hope to meet a devout Catholic/Christian in real life soon[i] Insha-Allah {If God Wills}.[/i]

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1260471870' post='2017654']
But you know, there are always false followers... those who observe every part of their faith out of fear/family pressure and then do the exact opposite in secrecy. But, of course, this is not bound to just one faith.

Well, I hope to meet a devout Catholic/Christian in real life soon[i] Insha-Allah {If God Wills}.[/i]
[/quote]
You're (apparently) in Italy. I hear that there are some down in the middle of Rome. They call it Vatican City. It's this wacky place that's almost entirely inhabited by priests, and they're actually a separate country in the middle of a normal sized country. Just crazy stuff. :))

You should go visit. I hope to in the next seven or eight years.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='10 December 2009 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1260472311' post='2017665']
You're (apparently) in Italy. I hear that there are some down in the middle of Rome. They call it Vatican City. It's this wacky place that's almost entirely inhabited by priests, and they're actually a separate country in the middle of a normal sized country. Just crazy stuff. :))

You should go visit. I hope to in the next seven or eight years.
[/quote]

You shouldn't believe everything you read online.

Well I have a question. Is the Islamic view of artificial birth control generally the same as many non-Catholic Christians?

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1260472467' post='2017668']
[/quote]

:lol: Ya I agree. For example, statements like this one: "The Pope Supports Genocide"

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1260472467' post='2017668']
[/quote]
Was that either relevant to my post, or necessary to say?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='10 December 2009 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1260472856' post='2017675']
[/quote]

Perhaps the relevance is we should not believe what he states online?

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='10 December 2009 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1260473089' post='2017679']
Perhaps the relevance is we should not believe what he states online?
[/quote]

ha.....ha....hahahaha

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='10 December 2009 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1260472856' post='2017675']
[/quote]

Chill. It was a joke.
And I believe it was relevant. :P

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='10 December 2009 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1260473490' post='2017692']
Chill. It was a joke.
And I believe it was relevant. :P
[/quote]
I didn't notice the relevance, but jokes are good. :)

[/quote]
Apparently senses of humor do not come standard in the Italian homo sapien