An Old School Catholic Message Board

Honor Killings

KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='09 December 2009 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1260417516' post='2017241']
Do you like to beat up on girls?
[/quote]
She can take him.

[quote name='Winchester' date='09 December 2009 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1260417600' post='2017243']
You'll have to cite Catholics for it to really matter. There are Coptic Catholics, but this appears only to be a Coptic Christian.

In general, using the various Orthodox faiths will be somewhat meaningful, but citing protties and other sects would be like us citing, um..Nation of Islam, probably. I mean, they believe in UFOS and stuff.
[/quote]

My post still stands as it is.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='09 December 2009 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1260417609' post='2017244']
Nah, I like teasing them. Especially blondes. But let's not go off topic. We can discuss this elsewhere.
[/quote]

No thank you Sir, I am not a sexist.

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='09 December 2009 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1260417651' post='2017247']
My post still stands as it is.
[/quote]
Trying to help.

Remember, Christianity is in its decline. If your religion makes it this long, it will be the same tired and watered down drivel that spawned the Kennedys and whoever that skullheaded woman in congress is.

HisChildForever

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='09 December 2009 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1260417609' post='2017244']
Nah, I like teasing them. Especially blondes. But let's not go off topic. We can discuss this elsewhere.
[/quote]

Um, there will be no "teasing," sweetheart. And no, this will NOT be discussed "elsewhere." What is THAT supposed to mean??

KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='09 December 2009 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1260417621' post='2017245']
What of Qur'an 4:15, and Islamic/Sharia Law that allows for the rape and starvation of women?
[/quote]

HisChildForever

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='09 December 2009 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1260417516' post='2017241']
Do you like to beat up on girls?
[/quote]

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='09 December 2009 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1260417703' post='2017249']
No thank you Sir, I am not a sexist.
[/quote]

Despite my obnoxious feminism, I would like to thank you for your gentlemanly behavior.

HisChildForever

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='09 December 2009 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1260417221' post='2017236']
^It's a rather old case.

Again, barrier between culture and religion.

If you're telling me honor killings is a part of Islam, I just have to say one thing:

"Hey! Honor killings is a part of Christianity too!"

Wow, look at how violent these Christians are. Disgusting.

[url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/jun/23/israel"]Christian Honor Killing[/url]

Get a brain. It's cultural, after all.
[/quote]

I fail to see how that article has anything to do with Christianity. The article is about honor killings in "Palestinian society."

[quote name='bhrhrahraa' date='09 December 2009 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1260417370' post='2017239']
And look! [url="http://islam-west.com/2008/10/muslim-victim-of-christian-honour.html"]Another Christian honor killing.[/url] You guys are terrible. *Shocked*

See, the cards can be flipped both ways. Grow up, blondie.
[/quote]

You yell at Knight for his sources, and yet you supply a source to a BLOG called "Islam and the West." Yeah okay, that's credible. @@

[quote] What of Qur'an 4:15, and Islamic/Sharia Law that allows for the rape and starvation of women? [/quote]
Rape is punishable by death and in case you are thinking of being a [mod]edit-- language[/mod], the perp gets killed.
4:15 is about fornication with the conditional being that you find 4 witnesses.

[quote]
Remember, Christianity is in its decline. If your religion makes itthis long, it will be the same tired and watered down drivel thatspawned the Kennedys and whoever that skullheaded woman in congress is.[/quote]

The Prophet s.a.w.s. said in his last sermon, "...and today the devil has all but given up hope of misguiding you in the big things, so be careful of the small things and cling closely to the rope of Allah". So its not going to happen.

Also even if we compare Islam 1500 years after the message with Christianity at 1500 after Christ, Islam still has about 80-90% being in the Sunni Islam fold. Christinity had split between Eastern and Roman by that time.
Also Islam has been spread from Indonesia all the way to Africa and has been there for centuries, yet 85% are Sunni Muslim. On the other hand Christianity has only recently come to the east in large numbers but it is split into 72 sects already.

There is a verse in the quran, with the meaning "Indeed there are signs for those that reflect."

Edited by homeschoolmom
language

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Pomak' date='09 December 2009 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1260418495' post='2017260']
Rape is punishable by death and in case you are thinking of being a [mod]edit-- language[/mod], the perp gets killed.[/quote]

Unless of course the rapists offers to marry his victim then he goes free, or has his sentence greatly reduced.

[quote name='Pomak' date='09 December 2009 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1260418495' post='2017260']4:15 is about fornication with the conditional being that you find 4 witnesses.[/quote]

So with the four witnesses the women can be starved, or otherwise put to death.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote]Unless of course the rapists offers to marry his victim then he goes free, or has his sentence greatly reduced.[/quote]
That is a cultural understanding, in some parts of the world.

[quote]
So with the four witnesses the women can be starved, or otherwise put to death.[/quote]
Fornication is punishable by death for married men and women. But really the point of that law is to protect the honor of women since its almost impossible to prove. I mean who is going to go and fornicate where 4 people can see you. But on the other hand it means that you can not claim a woman has fornicated unless you have 4 witnesses. remember what happened with Mary mother of Isa a.s.?

PS. There is also a standard for who is considered a witness.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Pomak' date='09 December 2009 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1260419619' post='2017271']
That is a cultural understanding, in some parts of the world.[/quote]

This 'cultural understanding' catchphrase doesn't mean as much when you factor that most Islamic nations where most of these actions take place do not have a separation of 'church' and state. Islam is highly influential upon the law, and the application of Islamic religious law is the norm. With that in mind it seems illogical to just believe it is just 'cultural.'

[quote name='Pomak' date='09 December 2009 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1260419619' post='2017271']Fornication is punishable by death for married men and women. But really the point of that law is to protect the honor of women since its almost impossible to prove. I mean who is going to go and fornicate where 4 people can see you. But on the other hand it means that you can not claim a woman has fornicated unless you have 4 witnesses. remember what happened with Mary mother of Isa a.s.?

PS. There is also a standard for who is considered a witness.
[/quote]

It is still wrong whnen a woman can still be starved, stoned, or otherwise put to death when Christ forbid stoning for adultery.

I don't get why HCF and KoC feel free to quote from draconian Islamic texts and condemn Islam when the Bible itself is full of very similar things. I'm sure that Islam has various methods of interpretation just like Christianity does. I imagine that they get just as annoyed at HCF for quoting the Koran as we do at militant atheists for quoting from Leviticus.

HisChildForever

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='10 December 2009 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1260423323' post='2017314']
This 'cultural understanding' catchphrase doesn't mean as much when you factor that most Islamic nations where most of these actions take place do not have a separation of 'church' and state. Islam is highly influential upon the law, and the application of Islamic religious law is the norm. With that in mind it seems illogical to just believe it is just 'cultural.' [/quote]

Of course, everything is cultural. Just like when Muhammad molested a child and called it marriage. That was perfectly fine because it's cultural.

[quote] It is still wrong whnen a woman can still be starved, stoned, or otherwise put to death when Christ forbid stoning for adultery.
[/quote]

It is still wrong PERIOD. It's inhumane and barbaric.